1025 step
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: 1025 step

  1. Top | #1
    wentonbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:16 PM
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    1,222
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 971 Times in 249 Posts

    1025 step

    Nothing fancy. I went to Tractor Supply for all the parts. The brackets are aluminum and are located across from the nuts and bolts. The cross pieces are in the same spot. I used the 10 inch brackets and cross pieces. The expanded metal piece across the top is for traction and is in the welding department with the steel. I used 1 1/2" long 1/2" bolts with nylon nuts. I used 2 different sized washers to hold the expanded metal down. 1 angle iron I cut to fit the bottom of the bracket for added strength and to have a place to mount the angled piece too. That was just a 1" wide by 3 or 4ft. I used a old piece of steel I had laying around for the back side of the frame.

    S I shortened the one side of each bracket to make keep the step closer to the cab floor. I also cut the angle to match the bracket. If you zoom the pic you can see it pretty easy. What you can't see is there are 5 pre drilled holes on each side of the bracket for a total of ten. The cross pieces are pre drilled also. I had to drill holes for the angle pieces. I cut the expanded metal to fit and there were 3 spots I had to trim to get the bolts in. To make it easier and to protect the threads on the bolts holding the step to the frame I put a extra nut in between the the step bracket and the back of frame bracket. That's pretty much it. I can't weld and I used a Sawzall, 4 ¹/2 grinder to round the edges and a dremal too smooth out the aluminum when I drilled thru and the edges from the Sawzall.

    So it worked out that from the bottom of the cab floor to the step is 4 inches. From the step to the concrete is 11 inches.

    So before anyone asks I have not put the MMM on to check the clearance. The mower is put up and until I get it out of it's storage spot to get it ready to mow with I am not going to worry about it just yet. I am pretty sure that it will be close to hitting the step once it is on. If I happen to be at my JD dealer and one is sitting there I can measure that one to compare to mine. Til then it's gonna be a while.

    So if there is anyone out there Disabled like me, with some patience and time and a few choice Cuss words because you can't physically do some things you could before than this might be a project you can do too. I can't crawl under the tractor because I can't get back up off the floor I put a 4x4 under the outriggers and a rubber strip under the front bucket to protect the concrete, stood to the side and raised the tractor up with the outriggers and then I was able to use my stool to sit on and was able to attach the step without having to get someone to do it for me.

    So anyway, snow tomorrow so the step is on, it's painted black now and Betsy and I are ready!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170309_122449.jpg   20170309_111952.jpg   20170309_122439.jpg  

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wentonbrown For This Useful Post:

    Drifterbike (03-10-2017), Phil-T (03-10-2017)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  4. Top | #2
    BigJim55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Location
    Schellsburg, PA
    Posts
    11,249
    Thanks
    3,040
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 1,105 Posts
    nothing wrong with that look. as long as it works for u--good! i love my step on the 2520. made a world of difference in my life.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, Levi and 4 others like this.
    jim

    2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

    2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigJim55 For This Useful Post:

    wentonbrown (03-09-2017)

  6. Top | #3
    Bonehead Club Lackey Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:41 AM
    Location
    NE Tenn.
    Posts
    10,155
    Thanks
    2,990
    Thanked 1,901 Times in 1,066 Posts
    I like it...and all without a welder. Good job. The only thing I see you might have to do is cut the screws on the bottom so they aren't sticking down so far.
    fdmars, BigJim55, Marlin and 2 others like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

    Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

  7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  8. Top | #4
    coaltrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Location
    NW Penna
    Posts
    20,214
    Thanks
    1,099
    Thanked 3,112 Times in 2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wentonbrown View Post
    Nothing fancy. I went to Tractor Supply for all the parts. The brackets are aluminum and are located across from the nuts and bolts. The cross pieces are in the same spot. I used the 10 inch brackets and cross pieces. The expanded metal piece across the top is for traction and is in the welding department with the steel. I used 1 1/2" long 1/2" bolts with nylon nuts. I used 2 different sized washers to hold the expanded metal down. 1 angle iron I cut to fit the bottom of the bracket for added strength and to have a place to mount the angled piece too. That was just a 1" wide by 3 or 4ft. I used a old piece of steel I had laying around for the back side of the frame.

    S I shortened the one side of each bracket to make keep the step closer to the cab floor. I also cut the angle to match the bracket. If you zoom the pic you can see it pretty easy. What you can't see is there are 5 pre drilled holes on each side of the bracket for a total of ten. The cross pieces are pre drilled also. I had to drill holes for the angle pieces. I cut the expanded metal to fit and there were 3 spots I had to trim to get the bolts in. To make it easier and to protect the threads on the bolts holding the step to the frame I put a extra nut in between the the step bracket and the back of frame bracket. That's pretty much it. I can't weld and I used a Sawzall, 4 ¹/2 grinder to round the edges and a dremal too smooth out the aluminum when I drilled thru and the edges from the Sawzall.

    So it worked out that from the bottom of the cab floor to the step is 4 inches. From the step to the concrete is 11 inches.

    So before anyone asks I have not put the MMM on to check the clearance. The mower is put up and until I get it out of it's storage spot to get it ready to mow with I am not going to worry about it just yet. I am pretty sure that it will be close to hitting the step once it is on. If I happen to be at my JD dealer and one is sitting there I can measure that one to compare to mine. Til then it's gonna be a while.

    So if there is anyone out there Disabled like me, with some patience and time and a few choice Cuss words because you can't physically do some things you could before than this might be a project you can do too. I can't crawl under the tractor because I can't get back up off the floor I put a 4x4 under the outriggers and a rubber strip under the front bucket to protect the concrete, stood to the side and raised the tractor up with the outriggers and then I was able to use my stool to sit on and was able to attach the step without having to get someone to do it for me.

    So anyway, snow tomorrow so the step is on, it's painted black now and Betsy and I are ready!
    Same situation here. I was to the point where I couldn't get on my tractor unless the mower deck was on to step on - which I don't like doing anyway. Thanks to the awesome help from a forum member I was able to add this step to my 2520. And like you all done sitting on a stool. The first thing I have to get out when working on anything is a chair or stool.

    Now I can get on and off my tractor!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030140.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	664.3 KB 
ID:	327074
    fdmars, genesusie, Levi and 6 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

  9. Top | #5
    wentonbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:16 PM
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    1,222
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 971 Times in 249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    I like it...and all without a welder. Good job. The only thing I see you might have to do is cut the screws on the bottom so they aren't sticking down so far.
    Thank you!

    I was just telling my brother about that a little while ago. I was thinking about it before I put it on the tractor but I was running out of steam and just wanted it done.
    Levi, BigJim55, Marlin and 1 others like this.

  10. Top | #6
    wentonbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:16 PM
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    1,222
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 971 Times in 249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Same situation here. I was to the point where I couldn't get on my tractor unless the mower deck was on to step on - which I don't like doing anyway. Thanks to the awesome help from a forum member I was able to add this step to my 2520. And like you all done sitting on a stool. The first thing I have to get out when working on anything is a chair or stool.

    Now I can get on and off my tractor!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030140.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	664.3 KB 
ID:	327074
    That's awesome! It sucks having to sit down working on stuff but it is what it is. I'm going to be using my new step later when it stops snowing. Looking forward to plowing!
    Levi, BigJim55, coaltrain and 3 others like this.

  11. Top | #7
    coaltrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Location
    NW Penna
    Posts
    20,214
    Thanks
    1,099
    Thanked 3,112 Times in 2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wentonbrown View Post
    That's awesome! It sucks having to sit down working on stuff but it is what it is. I'm going to be using my new step later when it stops snowing. Looking forward to plowing!
    I've gotten used to it. I have those plastic deck chairs all over the place - it's the first thing that I get out before any other tools.

    On occasion I just have to get under something laying on the barn floor. I have to make arrangements with my wife before hand as she has to help me get up. And not such an easy task as I outweigh her by 100 pounds or so.
    Levi, BigJim55, Marlin and 2 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

  12. Top | #8
    wentonbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:16 PM
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    1,222
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 971 Times in 249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    I've gotten used to it. I have those plastic deck chairs all over the place - it's the first thing that I get out before any other tools.

    On occasion I just have to get under something laying on the barn floor. I have to make arrangements with my wife before hand as she has to help me get up. And not such an easy task as I outweigh her by 100 pounds or so.
    I have to do that to now. I decide to lay on the bathroom floor to look at the water line in the cabinet and then couldn't get back up. I had to crawl on my back into the bedroom so I could you the bed frame to pull myself back up. Gould thing is a log style bed frame with sturdy posts. Can't do that again. Wife wasn't too happy with me.
    Levi, coaltrain, Marlin and 1 others like this.

  13. Top | #9
    coaltrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Location
    NW Penna
    Posts
    20,214
    Thanks
    1,099
    Thanked 3,112 Times in 2,274 Posts
    I know I am veering off topic a bit, but.....

    I have to say that if it weren't for my tractor I would have to give our place up - our blessed home in the mountains. Little things like the step we are talking about made a huge difference. That and the loader and forks. Anything and everything is moved with it. Heck - neither of us has the ability to carry a garbage bag up to the road anymore.

    I've made a few mods that make it all possible. That and the continued help and compassion from our forum members here.

    Oh, and by the way - I used to work in Stroudsburg and lived in East Stroudsburg many years ago. Thinking back I think it was from 1978 - 1985.
    Levi, Marlin, wentonbrown and 1 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

  14. Top | #10
    wentonbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:16 PM
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    1,222
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 971 Times in 249 Posts
    Right on! I was born and raised here. Left in 1988 to go to boot camp in the Army. Lived in Colorado from 94 to 2010 then moved back here to PA. So I have been here now a lil over 7 years already.

    I'm in the same boat as you with the tractor. It keeps me going and there is always something to do it seems like! I always want to do more but some days it's impossible.

    I do have Betsy all ready to plow Tuesday. Sounds like we are going to get a good storm finally. As much as I am tired of the snow I always like one good one just to plow and make it worth the while. I am really considering getting the Curtis cab at the end of fall for next year. Coveralls just aren't cutting it anymore.

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Levi, coaltrain and Drifterbike like this.
    1025r with FILB, 60MMM, BH
    Frontier BB48
    County line 5ft rake
    Ken's seat springs
    BH steps
    My design cab step
    WR Long Flat toothbar
    Titan JDQA with 6ft plow

  15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •