Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 1025R auto connect issue with midmount pto to 54" mower

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Thanks

1025R auto connect issue with midmount pto to 54" mower

I just picked up my 1025R with the auto connect mid mount mower. I took the mover off so that I could move some dirt around with my bucket. Went to reinstall the mower and the auto connect PTO is way too high and turn upward. All other connections for the deck seem to line up. Minor adjustment or do I need JD to come? out and repair.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Thanks
    rfat3000,

I think this thread might be a big help to you.....

If yours looks like the first pic in this thread, then your PTO shaft has just gotten stuck. As the lift bracket lowers, the connector should drop. If the shaft is stuck, the connector will be at a very odd angle..

I posted some pics of the shaft and were to grease on page 6 or 7 ..... I think

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...y-1025r-5.html

Good luck.
    Levi, romcjr and UBNT like this.
    2014 1025R, H120 loader w/53" bucket and Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar, 54" Auto Connect MMM, 47" QH snow blower, Ballast box and loaded rear tires, Speeco Quick Hitch, Ken's Bolt-on Grab Hooks, King Kutter Carry All, 54" front QH blade w/Heavy Hitch skids, Titan 36" pallet forks, Land Pride GS0560 Grading Scraper, and chrome (kitchen drain pipe) exhaust tip!!

1950 Allis-Chalmers B, Electric start, PTO, Belt Pulley, Hydraulic pump. Stuck engine (a work in progress)

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    I've seen this before. With the mower lift connected to its hydraulic line, lower the lift assembly all the way down. Watch it and play with it a little to make sure it goes all the way down. There's not much weight from just the lift assembly. It's used to having the entire weight of the mowing deck to pull it down. Note that you have only one line for hydraulics (which is lift) for the MMM. When you operate the lever to lower it, the weight of whatever is on the hydraulic cylinder is all that is forcing the fluid out. There is not a second line to force it out with hydraulic pressure. You may even need to pull the connecting assembly down a bit. Make sure you get it all the way down.

Keane
    etcallhome, Levi, Ray_PA and 2 others like this.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    05-29-2017 @ 12:44 AM
    Thanks
    If you think your auto connect goes on rough, you should see mine since the wife dove over it in the driveway with her SUV, it takes an act of god for it to attach, quick is 20 minutes and a 3' prybar.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    etcallhome, Levi, Ray_PA and 5 others like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:52 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UBNT View Post
    If you think your auto connect goes on rough, you should see mine since the wife dove over it in the driveway with her SUV, it takes an act of god for it to attach, quick is 20 minutes and a 3' prybar.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    So you are married to my sister in law. My wife did the same thing to a 108 I had the deck off of. She roared up the drive saw me laying on my back changing oil and greasing the tractor next thing I heard was her driving over the deck. Of course it was my fault. Good luck
    etcallhome, Levi, Ray_PA and 4 others like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 09:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Lube all moving parts.
    keane likes this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1˝" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifterbike View Post
    So you are married to my sister in law. My wife did the same thing to a 108 I had the deck off of. She roared up the drive saw me laying on my back changing oil and greasing the tractor next thing I heard was her driving over the deck. Of course it was my fault. Good luck
    I'm amazed she didn't run over you to miss the deck. lol
    Or just run over everything including you.
    It's like they don't even look where they are going. lol
    Levi likes this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-06-2019 @ 04:17 PM
    Thanks
    Maybe you could post some pics of the issue . I'm sure it is probably something simple . I would go through the sticky thread about how to setup your mower as dealers are notorious for not taking the time to properly adjust the deck . Good luck and keep us posted with your progress .
    Levi and Ray_PA like this.
    Ron
    2016 1025R SILB (Self Installed Loader Backhoe)
    54 Autoconnect MMM
    JD Imatch
    Several homemade Mods
    Ken's bolt on grab hooks combo , Diff lock pedal , Oblong slings , Backhoe Steps
    Piranha tooth bar
    Artillian forks
    Armstong Ag 4' Box Blade
    Fimco 40 gal. 3 pt. sprayer
    Blue Hawk (?) Plug Aerator

2016 x580
    Power Flow 14 Bushel Bagger
    Brushguard
    Jeff's LED Taillights
    JD Mulch Kit
    42 Hyd. Tiller

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikR View Post
    rfat3000,

I think this thread might be a big help to you.....

If yours looks like the first pic in this thread, then your PTO shaft has just gotten stuck. As the lift bracket lowers, the connector should drop. If the shaft is stuck, the connector will be at a very odd angle..

I posted some pics of the shaft and were to grease on page 6 or 7 ..... I think

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...y-1025r-5.html

Good luck.
    That is the exact problem that I have. I have taken the PTO shaft off and it moves about 1 1/2" to 2". It is lubed well. I see a stop pin when it is pushed to the rear. I can not get it to move forward. Any suggestions? Thank you for all of your help.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rfat3000 View Post
    That is the exact problem that I have. I have taken the PTO shaft off and it moves about 1 1/2" to 2". It is lubed well. I see a stop pin when it is pushed to the rear. I can not get it to move forward. Any suggestions? Thank you for all of your help.

There should be about 4 inches difference in length on the PTO shaft from full out to full in... Sometimes they're sticky. Pull or push hard, it will move....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF7152.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	328026
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF7151.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	328034
    Levi likes this.
    2014 1025R, H120 loader w/53" bucket and Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar, 54" Auto Connect MMM, 47" QH snow blower, Ballast box and loaded rear tires, Speeco Quick Hitch, Ken's Bolt-on Grab Hooks, King Kutter Carry All, 54" front QH blade w/Heavy Hitch skids, Titan 36" pallet forks, Land Pride GS0560 Grading Scraper, and chrome (kitchen drain pipe) exhaust tip!!

1950 Allis-Chalmers B, Electric start, PTO, Belt Pulley, Hydraulic pump. Stuck engine (a work in progress)

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast