If you've ever shopped for a bagger, you know they're expensive. So when I upgraded my green machine, I never wanted to have to replace the bagger. I always wanted to find a way to make the old bagger work.
The original green machine here was an LX280 with the 42" deck. The bagger for that machine worked well, except for when the zoyzia got thick and I had to cut it really short. The LX280 and 42" deck bagger solution didn't included a power-flo, so lowering the deck too low effectively shut off airflow. This always resulted in a plugged chute.
I wanted something more capable, so I upgraded to a X724 with 54" deck. This platform required a power-flo and larger chute. After adding some quick-tatch links and a different bracket, I was good to go. The power-flo tends to tilt the deck, requiring some adjustment to get a nice smooth cut. It is great at picking up leaves as long as you install the baffle kit.
Again, I wanted something more capable, so I got the 1026R TLB (FILB they call it now). According to Deere, the only bagger option for the 1-series is the 3-bag bagger with the same power-flo. My yard is small and I didn't want to buy a new bagger, so I took a look at how I might attach the old bagger. Since I had the backhoe subframe attached, it turned out to be really simple. See photos below for the two holes I had to drill into the bagger bracket for a functional installation.
It works great with three caveats:
1) The belt rub that I'm working to address (photo 3)
2) The chute rubs the fender. Perhaps this is why Deere doesn't support the two-bag on 1-series. You can see my band-aid to prevent scuffing the fender. I jammed a cloth between the fender and the chute.
3) There is no part available from Deere to cover the exposed belts on the new decks. If you search for the 54D deck on the parts web site, you'll see a power-flo installation kit. This kit LVB24947 DOES NOT FIT the newer decks. See photo #4 where you can see the exposed belts. I've been trying to get a JD rep to call me regarding this unavailable part for a couple months now. The same issue would apply with the factor-supported bagger configuration. The power-flow is the same.
Shoot any questions my way. No more raking leaves.