Two-bag bagger on a 1-series? Yes, you can. Here's how.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By bgi

Thread: Two-bag bagger on a 1-series? Yes, you can. Here's how.

1. Top | #1
    bgi

Last Online
    10-16-2016 @ 07:27 PM
    Thanks

Two-bag bagger on a 1-series? Yes, you can. Here's how.

If you've ever shopped for a bagger, you know they're expensive. So when I upgraded my green machine, I never wanted to have to replace the bagger. I always wanted to find a way to make the old bagger work.

The original green machine here was an LX280 with the 42" deck. The bagger for that machine worked well, except for when the zoyzia got thick and I had to cut it really short. The LX280 and 42" deck bagger solution didn't included a power-flo, so lowering the deck too low effectively shut off airflow. This always resulted in a plugged chute.

I wanted something more capable, so I upgraded to a X724 with 54" deck. This platform required a power-flo and larger chute. After adding some quick-tatch links and a different bracket, I was good to go. The power-flo tends to tilt the deck, requiring some adjustment to get a nice smooth cut. It is great at picking up leaves as long as you install the baffle kit.

Again, I wanted something more capable, so I got the 1026R TLB (FILB they call it now). According to Deere, the only bagger option for the 1-series is the 3-bag bagger with the same power-flo. My yard is small and I didn't want to buy a new bagger, so I took a look at how I might attach the old bagger. Since I had the backhoe subframe attached, it turned out to be really simple. See photos below for the two holes I had to drill into the bagger bracket for a functional installation.

It works great with three caveats:
    1) The belt rub that I'm working to address (photo 3)
    2) The chute rubs the fender. Perhaps this is why Deere doesn't support the two-bag on 1-series. You can see my band-aid to prevent scuffing the fender. I jammed a cloth between the fender and the chute.
    3) There is no part available from Deere to cover the exposed belts on the new decks. If you search for the 54D deck on the parts web site, you'll see a power-flo installation kit. This kit LVB24947 DOES NOT FIT the newer decks. See photo #4 where you can see the exposed belts. I've been trying to get a JD rep to call me regarding this unavailable part for a couple months now. The same issue would apply with the factor-supported bagger configuration. The power-flow is the same.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2554a.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	317.3 KB 
ID:	21802Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2557a.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	295.3 KB 
ID:	21803Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2558a.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	222.5 KB 
ID:	21804Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2553a.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	236.4 KB 
ID:	21805

Shoot any questions my way. No more raking leaves.
    Last edited by bgi; 09-18-2013 at 02:13 PM. Reason: LEAVES!
    Kennyd, XSKIER, Dirtrod and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Thanks
    Nice setup! Could use a bath though.
    '11 1026R

4. Top | #3
    bgi

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XSKIER View Post
    Nice setup! Could use a bath though.
    So true! HAH!! I braced myself for that. I KNEW it was coming. It was hot and quite dusty the last time I cut the grass, so after I was done, I flew into the garage and went in to get a cold one.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    05-03-2019 @ 02:38 PM
    Thanks
    I have the same issue with the belt. It is barely clear if the "persuade" the blower fully forward, but I'd love to know the real answer...
    1026R TLB (53", Artillian diverter, Ken's Hooks), 260BH (thumb, step), 60D MMM, rear blade, box blade, landscape rake, land plane, tiller, aerator, Artillian forks, 50" wicked grapple
    IS700z (27HP B&S commercial, 61” deck)

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 1,091 Posts
    Looks like a couple of minutes with a grinder could fix your belt rubbing issue, if you wanted to do it that way.

Nice setup though!
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

8. Top | #6
    bgi

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterWare View Post
    I have the same issue with the belt. It is barely clear if the "persuade" the blower fully forward, but I'd love to know the real answer...
    You are so right, HunterWare. Something about the D deck isn't quite right. I'm thinking it's time for the grinder.

56FordGuy, you're right, too. I have a can of Deere green paint, so I just need to get to it with the grinder.

It seems to be rubbing more now that I've used it some.

Anywhoo, I'm pleased that I avoided paying for the 3-bag bagger. It's pretty cool that the hoe subframe was such a nice fit for the bagger frame. I thought I'd have fabricate a new frame to attach the thing to the 3-pt hitch.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:54 AM
    Thanks
    I wanted something more capable, so I upgraded to a X724 with 54" deck. This platform required a power-flo and larger chute. After adding some quick-tatch links and a different bracket, I was good to go. The power-flo tends to tilt the deck, requiring some adjustment to get a nice smooth cut. It is great at picking up leaves as long as you install the baffle kit.

This is my first post to this forum so please bare with me. I received my 1025r this past July and am very happy with it. I have the 54 inch deck with the powerflow head and the three bagger setup. I have tried to suck up some early fallen leaves with it and it seems to want to blow the out in front of the mower deck as I drive along. What is the baffle kit you refer to and would it help this situation.

thanks guys I have learned a lot from this forum

Bert

10. Top | #8
    bgi

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bkelsey View Post
    This is my first post to this forum so please bare with me. I received my 1025r this past July and am very happy with it. I have the 54 inch deck with the powerflow head and the three bagger setup. I have tried to suck up some early fallen leaves with it and it seems to want to blow the out in front of the mower deck as I drive along. What is the baffle kit you refer to and would it help this situation.

thanks guys I have learned a lot from this forum

Bert
    The baffle kit for the 54" deck will make a big difference. The BM20985 kit is for the 54C deck. I haven't been able to identify the kit for the 54D deck. It might be the same. I don't know.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-21-2019 @ 11:29 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bgi View Post
    The baffle kit for the 54" deck will make a big difference. The BM20985 kit is for the 54C deck. I haven't been able to identify the kit for the 54D deck. It might be the same. I don't know.
    Not 100% but there may not be a kit for the 54D, as there is already one of sorts installed on the deck so not sure there is much that can be done.

Pic is of the mulch kit installed. I will remove the one plug and see how well it works this year at mulching into the bagger. ( did not have the kit on last year.)

Last year I found it best to run counter clockwise, keeping the uncut leafs on the left. Help keep the blow out in check and in line for the next pass

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379826299.499623.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	21945

12. Top | #10
    bgi

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bgi View Post
    I've still not found a baffle kit for the 54D deck.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements