• 1 Post By genesusie
  • 1 Post By Drifterbike

Thread: hydraulic mmm

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-14-2018 @ 03:42 PM
    Thanks

hydraulic mmm

Looking at 1025 comes with mechanical lift, how does that work, and do I need hydraulic lift?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 07:46 PM
    Thanks
    Mechanical is a bit of a mis-statement. The standard MMM lift is a mechanical link tied to the 3 point so the 3 point lever controls the deck and the 3 point. I did not go for either of the other options as I figured that when I'm not mowing I can lock the deck in the transport position and the 3 point moving doesn't really bother me although I haven't mowed with mine yet. We'll see how it goes.
    Drifterbike likes this.
    Thanks,

Tom

2017 John Deere 1025R, 54" Deck, 47" Snowblower, Boom Pole, King Kutter 30" Dirt Scoop, King Kutter Carry all, 4' back blade, Fimco 25 gallon 7 nozzle boom sprayer, JD 3rd SCV with hydraulic top link, Mott Flail Mower (borrowed from my brother)

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    The separate hydraulic cylinder allows me to lift up the mower deck and use the three point hitch with a ball mounted to move the trailer. Part of the path is stoned, the rest is grass. Having the mower deck up keeps from dragging the deck thru the stones and not upset my setting for the cut grass height.

Yes you can do this without the option but the deck height is changed to lock up the deck. Thus allow three point to be used. I just wanted to simplify my task from doing setting three times to move, cut grass and move back trailer. Also nice for going over driveway turning around while cutting grass. Seems to stay up for fairly long time before cylinder drops. I can hose of and put away tractor and deck still stays up then I lower it with joy stick and park it. I also just like the joy stick control vs the three point lever.

All personal choice, but JD options are not cheap..........
    Drifterbike likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:52 AM
    Thanks
    I chose the standard mount on mine because the hydro lifts are just hydro power up and gravity down. I figured I can lock my mower up and still use the 3pt hitch. I didn't think I would have the need to use both at once. if anything I would have went with the Independent lift since it does not hook to the curl function of the loader.
    OldmanX likes this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements