Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 1025r with hydraulic noises!..help

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-24-2017 @ 07:46 PM
    Thanks

1025r with hydraulic noises!..help

Bought a brand new 1025..noticed when machine is hot,hearing a very high pitched whine...this was with plow attached.Put loader on to move huge snowpiles from blizzard & noticed strange sucking noise in joystick in mostly down position..Talked to dealer & they thought might have air in system.Said to start tractor,idle up & move pedals like 8-10 times,turn tractor off,& move joystick around,should bleed system.Tried this & still have sucking noise when moving loader joystick down..dont hear the whine when machine is cold,seems to be when it warms up..fluid level was ok..but did notice a little bit of white kind of paste on bottom of the fill plug which in my experience would indicate moisture.I saw somewhere on this site..somoene suggested running pto?..I am very frustrated as i just spent 20 k & the machine has 8hrs on it..hoping easy fix so i dont have to have dealer pick up next week!..suggestions are appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    01-26-2019 @ 12:01 AM
    Thanks
    You may be hearing the hydraulic fluid being forced through a reducer fitting on a line for the front end loader. It's there to keep the loader from falling too fast.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lewisc1985 For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (03-18-2017)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Thanks
    Yup, definitely normal to hear distinct fluid flow noise when lowering the loader.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:25 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smith500 View Post
    Bought a brand new 1025..noticed when machine is hot,hearing a very high pitched whine...this was with plow attached.Put loader on to move huge snowpiles from blizzard & noticed strange sucking noise in joystick in mostly down position..Talked to dealer & they thought might have air in system.Said to start tractor,idle up & move pedals like 8-10 times,turn tractor off,& move joystick around,should bleed system.Tried this & still have sucking noise when moving loader joystick down..dont hear the whine when machine is cold,seems to be when it warms up..fluid level was ok..but did notice a little bit of white kind of paste on bottom of the fill plug which in my experience would indicate moisture.I saw somewhere on this site..somoene suggested running pto?..I am very frustrated as i just spent 20 k & the machine has 8hrs on it..hoping easy fix so i dont have to have dealer pick up next week!..suggestions are appreciated
    OK, need a little more info.

Was the high pitched whine occurring with just engine running without functioning any hydraulic attachment, I.e. tractor was sitting still not moving and SCV was centered, or was the whine occurring when you were actually functioning an attachment.

When you say plow, I assume you mean the front blade, not a 3 point attached garden plow, correct?

Since it is hard to determine what the noise is coming from, I will offer these simple thoughts<<<<
    1. When propelling the tractor forward or reverse, the propel hydraulic system will whine, especially when in high range and/or when working the tractor like plowing snow.
    2. If you are lifting with the FEL or moving any hydraulic attachment cylinder, when the cylinder bottoms out, you will here a whine. This is normal. This is caused by hydraulic oil flowing over the relief.
    3. If you are working a hydraulic accessory close to its capacity, the hydraulic system will whine because it is working at higher pressure.
    4. Concerning what you are referring to as a sucking noise, I assume this is the oil flowing through the lowering orifice. This is really not a sucking noise, it is the oil be forced through the orifice.
    5. Be sure all the attachment quick connects are connected completely. Sometimes they are difficult to get coupled correctly.

Yes, the white residue on the bottom of the fill plug is moisture. Not much you can do about it other than, when running the tractor, get the hydraulic system up to operating temperature. This will help with moisture build up.

I do not believe the problem is air in the system since an open center hydraulic system will automatically take care of any air.

Since the tractor only has 8 hours on it, I doubt you have a hydraulic pump cavitation problem since the hydraulic oil hasn't been changed yet. Pump cavitation will cause a whining sound at the hydraulic pump because the pump is sucking air in the suction line. This would be caused from loose connections at the suction hose that connects the suction strainer to the suction tube at the left rear of the differential.

I doubt what you are hearing is a problem.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray_PA For This Useful Post:

JTNENEID (03-19-2017)

9. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Tractor is in neutral..at an idle u can hear it ,turn rpms up & its a very high pitched whine,do not notice it when machine is cold.After 10 min or so,very apparent.By blade i meant 54"quickhitch snow blade.With loader on,im hearing a very pronounced suction sound,when moving joystick in down position only,wont do it in float or just gently pushing it but a certain position with joystick im getting a kind of squeel-suction sound in hydraulics.Not sure if the 2 noises are related?,normal?,seems excessive!..been around tractors my whole life & not quite sure whats going on but i think theres an issue with something.Dealer offered to pick it up next week but if its how these machines are i hate to waste there time & mine!

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 Times in 2,268 Posts
    As far as the first part - when in neutral without using any implements and getting the whine - while this is happening try lowering your 3-point control lever just a little and see if something changes.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

11. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Tried it & it was a FAIL!..Read owners manual 10 times ,tried a few different things to no avail,definately irritated i sold a mint condition 30 yr old 322 for a 20k machine with 8 hrs that sounds sick!

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:25 AM
    Thanks
    I was going to suggest lowering the 3 point also. It sounds like the 3 point feed back linkage rod is out of adjustment.

Has the tractor made this noise from new?
    etcallhome and coaltrain like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

13. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    First time i used it after buying was in this a-hole deep snow we got from this blizzard in the northeast!..I noticed the noise from the first time i ran it,when it got warm

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    08-22-2019 @ 12:10 PM
    Thanks
    Just curious but did the dealer install a power beyond or anything? From my experience with any hydraulic whining noise it's a hydraulic line contacting something slightly 90% of the time.
    etcallhome likes this.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast