2305 62c deck issue

Thread: 2305 62c deck issue

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    12-25-2017 @ 11:40 AM
    Thanks

2305 62c deck issue

I read through the pile of posts about this and only found one person who posed the same situation / question as I will here but no answers were given.

Last year (after i got a used 2305) I felt like I had to readjust the deck every time I installed it. I went through the whole setup instruction (per manual and forum advice) and got everything perfect.

With Deck OFF, I adjusted the main link next to tire and got the little "thumb" piece within 1/8" of the mower height cam. Next I adjusted lift arms to around 1/16" from frame stops. Everything worked great until I attached deck.

With deck ON, I couldnt rotate knob. I'm guessing the weight of deck took up some play in all the linkages and causes the thumb to now rest on the height can. At that point I readjusted everything above to work correctly with the deck on. Again... things worked great. Great mowing height, knob rotated when all the way up, etc...

Take the deck off, now there is no weight on those lift arms and when I lift the 3 point all the way up, the lift arms hit the stops. I'm guessing that is bad as well.

If I adjust the lift arms to be within 1/16" with deck off, when I install the deck, those lift arms are about 1" below the stops... is that normal? Sure doesn't leave much adjustment for mowing height.

Should I adjust everything with deck on and not worry about the arms hitting stops?

Last year whenever I took deck off, I'd turn adjust the arms so they don't hit the stops, then after I installed deck, I'd re-adjust everything so I could get higher height. It would be a 15 - 20 min adjustment every time I put the deck back on. I take it that's not normal...

I love the tractor but my experience is that it's a PIA to convert it back to a mower. Maybe I'm blessed because I also have a bobcat ZTR that requires no adjustment. But dammit, I like driving the tractor and sometimes i want to use that to mow!

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Thanks
    It sounds like you have some type of bind with the linkage from the 3 pt to the lift arm on the left side frame.

Doug
    2010 John Deere 2305
    200cx loader
    iMatch
    Ballast Box
    Frontier 1048 Box Blade
    Frontier 1060L Landscape Rake
    Artillian Forks
    54 MM Mower
    54 Front Blade w/Artillian Wings
    54 Front Blower
    Terraking TKV20 Material Collection System

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    I though about that. I played around with it a little last night. I replaced the bushings on the height cam and re-adjusted everything. I seem to have the height but I notice, and I've heard other people having same issue... when I lower the deck, the left side drops more than the right side.... basically the right side stops lowering and the left side goes down another inch or so. Maybe the deck is heavier on left side or something. I also didn't have time to level the deck (left to right and front to back) so that is probably part of the problem. I'll level it this week and see what that does.

Any ideas on what it would bind up on? I inspected everything and it's not hitting or rubbing on anything. No part of the linkages is rubbing or hitting on anything.

Thank you

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-22-2019 @ 11:06 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcf1999 View Post
    I read through the pile of posts about this and only found one person who posed the same situation / question as I will here but no answers were given.

Last year (after i got a used 2305) I felt like I had to readjust the deck every time I installed it. I went through the whole setup instruction (per manual and forum advice) and got everything perfect.

With Deck OFF, I adjusted the main link next to tire and got the little "thumb" piece within 1/8" of the mower height cam. Next I adjusted lift arms to around 1/16" from frame stops. Everything worked great until I attached deck.

With deck ON, I couldnt rotate knob. I'm guessing the weight of deck took up some play in all the linkages and causes the thumb to now rest on the height can. At that point I readjusted everything above to work correctly with the deck on. Again... things worked great. Great mowing height, knob rotated when all the way up, etc...

Take the deck off, now there is no weight on those lift arms and when I lift the 3 point all the way up, the lift arms hit the stops. I'm guessing that is bad as well.

If I adjust the lift arms to be within 1/16" with deck off, when I install the deck, those lift arms are about 1" below the stops... is that normal? Sure doesn't leave much adjustment for mowing height.

Should I adjust everything with deck on and not worry about the arms hitting stops?

Last year whenever I took deck off, I'd turn adjust the arms so they don't hit the stops, then after I installed deck, I'd re-adjust everything so I could get higher height. It would be a 15 - 20 min adjustment every time I put the deck back on. I take it that's not normal...

I love the tractor but my experience is that it's a PIA to convert it back to a mower. Maybe I'm blessed because I also have a bobcat ZTR that requires no adjustment. But dammit, I like driving the tractor and sometimes i want to use that to mow!

Thanks.
    Is the deck lift transfer rod bell crank on the left side draft arm bent? Are you using the 3PH spreader bar between the lower draft arms? These two items will affect deck lift height when loaded VS unloaded.
    Last edited by Superglidesport; 03-25-2017 at 10:40 AM.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    The bell crank does lift with the 3 point. I do run with a spreader bar and have no issues with the bell crank slipping off the 3 point. I don't think the bell crank is bent, but I will look at it when I level the deck.

I adjusted everything yesterday and attached the deck. It seems better now that I replaced the warm bushings and I also re-adjusted the height knob assy. Before it was offset and made the knob not perpendicular to the floor. Now it's perpendicular.

Anyways, it seems like I got more height when it's all the way up. I adjusted the lift arms when the deck was off to be 1/8" of the stops and when I attached the deck, they were about 3/4" from the stops. It seems to work ok and I'll leave it that way. As long as I get 3" of cut, it's fine.

If it turns out I have to re-level the deck each time I attach it (like last year) then I'll re-evaluate everything.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements