• 4 Post By jgayman
  • 3 Post By HydroHarold

Thread: Hydraulic hook up

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-03-2019 @ 06:46 AM
    Thanks

Hydraulic hook up

The hydraulic connectors on the cables running from my H120 to the tractor are at an awkward angle and difficult to connect to the tractor. I tried to twist the cables to improve the matchup, but it doesn't seem possible. Anyone else have this problem and solved it? Was the dealer just sloppy when the cables were installed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drynoc View Post
    The hydraulic connectors on the cables running from my H120 to the tractor are at an awkward angle and difficult to connect to the tractor. I tried to twist the cables to improve the matchup, but it doesn't seem possible. Anyone else have this problem and solved it? Was the dealer just sloppy when the cables were installed?
    It is a fairly common problem. About the only thing you can do is reposition the couplers. Shut off the tractor, lower the loader and move the loader joystick in all directions to relieve the pressure. Then loosen the couplers, position them to where they seem to match up and re-tighten the couplers. Place a drip pan under the coupler and it may dribble a bit of fluid out when loosened.
    Tomfive, OxPath, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Don't know if this will help, but it might save you loosening and resetting... Be sure the HOSES (not cables) are not in the positioning ring when connecting/disconnecting. The hoses should be put into "loop ring positioner" after they are connected. This will give more room to twist and align the connectors. Also, relieving the pressure from the male side (loader side) will reduce the struggle to get a quick connection:

Wrap rag around end of male connector and depress the center spring loaded center of the connector to relieve the pressure into rag. You might hear a bit of "creak" from the loader as pressure is released. Depending on how the parked loader sat after it was disconnected a bit of fluid may come out into the rag. I use a medium sized "channel lock/water pump pliers" to squeeze the center with other side of pliers behind the back of the fitting. These fittings are always the most fun during cold and wet weather.
    BigJim55, keane and Drifterbike like this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements