Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Delemma with hydraulic connection

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-29-2019 @ 08:38 AM
    Thanks

Delemma with hydraulic connection

Hello All,

I am new to owning a 2305... I parked the FEL last week and installed the 62c deck. I finished mowing over the weekend and attempted to reconnect the FEL last night. Here's what I did...

I raised the mower deck to it's highest position and then disconnected the hydraulic line for the deck lift arms. I was able to easily connect 3 of the 4 lines for the FEL, however the green one... (the one that uses the same port as the mower lift arms) will not connect. Now I also can't get the line reconnected for the deck lift arms. I'm thinking that I screwed up by disconnecting the line with the mower in the raised position and this is keeping pressure/load on that hydraulic line. I am thinking that I should use a jack to support the deck so that I can disconnect the lift arms and remove the load to relieve pressure on the line, but I thought I'd ask before I went any further screwing things up...

Thanks!
    BigJim55 likes this.
    ---------
    2015 JD Z930M, 60" 7 Iron Pro
    2009 JD 2305, 62c MMM, 200cx loader, 49" bucket, Piranha Tooth Bar, Folding ROPS, LP25000 Canopy, Frontier BB2048L, iMatch Hitch, JD LP25001 Hitch Receiver
    2004 JD X495, 62c MMM, rear PTO, 16s cart, 54 blade front snow blade on quick hitch
    1994 JD 265, 48" MMM
    2008 JD TH 6x4 Diesel Gator, power dump, deluxe light kit, bed liner, floor liner, bumper, brush guard, fender guards.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrist View Post
    Hello All,

I am new to owning a 2305... I parked the FEL last week and installed the 62c deck. I finished mowing over the weekend and attempted to reconnect the FEL last night. Here's what I did...

I raised the mower deck to it's highest position and then disconnected the hydraulic line for the deck lift arms. I was able to easily connect 3 of the 4 lines for the FEL, however the green one... (the one that uses the same port as the mower lift arms) will not connect. Now I also can't get the line reconnected for the deck lift arms. I'm thinking that I screwed up by disconnecting the line with the mower in the raised position and this is keeping pressure/load on that hydraulic line. I am thinking that I should use a jack to support the deck so that I can disconnect the lift arms and remove the load to relieve pressure on the line, but I thought I'd ask before I went any further screwing things up...

Thanks!
    Is the deck locked out? Should be able to lock deck and relieve the pressure of the hydraulics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    BigJim55 likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:08 PM
    Thanks
    Hello All,

Thanks!
    Should be able to lock deck and relieve pressure without if falling down. And then hook up coupler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I will try rotating the dial to the lock mark. I'm pretty sure that I tried this and the install position yesterday, but it was late and I was frustrated... Thanks. I'll try it.
    BigJim55 and Mar524ak like this.
    ---------
    2009 JD 2305, 62c MMM, 200cx loader, 49" bucket, Piranha Tooth Bar, Folding ROPS, LP25000 Canopy, Frontier BB2048L, iMatch Hitch, JD LP25001 Hitch Receiver
    2004 JD X495, 62c MMM, rear PTO, 16s cart, 54 blade front snow blade on quick hitch
    1994 JD 265, 48" MMM
    2008 JD TH 6x4 Diesel Gator, power dump, deluxe light kit, bed liner, floor liner, bumper, brush guard, fender guards.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:59 PM
    Thanks
    Hello All,

Thanks!
    Yep, you have locked the pressure on the lines. On the FEL, see of you can push in on the female connector. You should be able to, if not it is locked. Carefully remove the fitting from the hose. DO NOT take the fitting off, just release the pressure. Watch for fluid and your loaded moving. Then you should be good to go.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-03-2019 @ 07:21 PM
    Thanks
    You shouldn't have to disassemble anything. On female connectors, use a small screwdriver (and a rag to protect your hand) to depress the one way valve in the center or a pair of water pump pliers to depress the ball in the center of the male fittings.

Al
    BigJim55 likes this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:19 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Just a bit of info..

Went wanting to remove hyd lines.. Turn off the engine ,,move hyd lever forward, backward, side to side a few times.. This relieves pressure you can remove the hyd coupler now from the tractor port. (sorry not correct name)

To reconnect sometimes you need to release pressure to the coupler because of outside temps have raised .
    To relieve pressure, for me I take a rag cover the end of hyd fitting press it against the frame or solid item on tractor. Hyd fluid will spray out so be careful to cover the fitting with the rag before doing this..

Reconnect your lines.
    OxPath, BigJim55, Ray_PA and 4 others like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to etcallhome For This Useful Post:

jcrist(04-11-2017)

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for all of the good suggestions and good info. After bleeding some pressure of the line as suggested, I was able to connect it easily. Also, the deck remained in the raised position after disconnecting the line after setting the dial to 'lock'. Thanks again for all of the tips!
    ---------
    1994 JD 265, 48" MMM

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    04-01-2019 @ 08:37 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Just a bit of info..

To reconnect sometimes you need to release pressure to the coupler because of outside temps have raised .
    To relieve pressure, for me I take a rag cover the end of hyd fitting press it against the frame or solid item on tractor. Hyd fluid will spray out so be careful to cover the fitting with the rag before doing this..

Reconnect your lines.
    Been there, done that. Worked for me too....
    BigJim55 likes this.

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:09 PM
    Thanks
    I owned my tractor for a little over a month with the hydraulic deck lift where you have to swap the hose between the deck lift and the loader. I honestly don't know why John Deere even has it as an option... maybe for people without loaders?

After a month of aggrevation I ordered the parts for the independent kit ($350 or so since you already have the hydraulic kit). It took a few hours to install the kit, but it completely eliminated the hose swap hassle I was experiencing. Now I raise the deck with the push of a button.
    OxPath and Drifterbike like this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast