In the market for 1025r TLB
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Mar524ak
  • 2 Post By lsg
  • 1 Post By UBNT
  • 2 Post By Firemark
  • 2 Post By jhays
  • 1 Post By Arvada
  • 1 Post By martincom
  • 1 Post By lsg

Thread: In the market for 1025r TLB

  1. Top | #1
    lsg
    lsg is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Online
    04-25-2019 @ 01:35 AM
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 3 Posts

    In the market for 1025r TLB

    Hey guys, I've been reading through the forum since I got the bug to purchase a tractor and some really good info here.

    I've received some quotes from dealers and it really seems to me that JD may have cracked down on the dealers competing between each other...
    I was communicating with a dealer today and mentioned that I believed that 15-18% off MSRP was a reasonable expectation, he agreed but then went on to say that his price would be higher because of AOR, and then quoted me $22,900...
    Now I have already received a quote for $19899 + tax so the above was really much higher, this dealer was across state lines but still only about 30-35 miles away.
    The dealer that quoted me the $19899 is also across state lines but a different state and probably more like 180 miles away so I'm not sure about the AOR the dealer was referring to, I assume that is area of responsibility but I just assumed that.

    Is JD holding dealers to sell in just their AOR?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Mar524ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:40 PM
    Location
    Amarillo tx
    Posts
    524
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 77 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lsg View Post
    Hey guys, I've been reading through the forum since I got the bug to purchase a tractor and some really good info here.

    I've received some quotes from dealers and it really seems to me that JD may have cracked down on the dealers competing between each other...
    I was communicating with a dealer today and mentioned that I believed that 15-18% off MSRP was a reasonable expectation, he agreed but then went on to say that his price would be higher because of AOR, and then quoted me $22,900...
    Now I have already received a quote for $19899 + tax so the above was really much higher, this dealer was across state lines but still only about 30-35 miles away.
    The dealer that quoted me the $19899 is also across state lines but a different state and probably more like 180 miles away so I'm not sure about the AOR the dealer was referring to, I assume that is area of responsibility but I just assumed that.

    Is JD holding dealers to sell in just their AOR?
    Not sure all dealers are different. We will sell you one im sure!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Robnik likes this.

  4. Top | #3
    lsg
    lsg is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Online
    04-25-2019 @ 01:35 AM
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar524ak View Post
    Not sure all dealers are different. We will sell you one im sure!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That's a pretty far drive from Tennessee... lol
    Mar524ak and Robnik like this.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    05-29-2017 @ 12:44 AM
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lsg View Post
    Hey guys, I've been reading through the forum since I got the bug to purchase a tractor and some really good info here.

    I've received some quotes from dealers and it really seems to me that JD may have cracked down on the dealers competing between each other...
    I was communicating with a dealer today and mentioned that I believed that 15-18% off MSRP was a reasonable expectation, he agreed but then went on to say that his price would be higher because of AOR, and then quoted me $22,900...
    Now I have already received a quote for $19899 + tax so the above was really much higher, this dealer was across state lines but still only about 30-35 miles away.
    The dealer that quoted me the $19899 is also across state lines but a different state and probably more like 180 miles away so I'm not sure about the AOR the dealer was referring to, I assume that is area of responsibility but I just assumed that.

    Is JD holding dealers to sell in just their AOR?
    If you don't need the financing you could always look for used and save even more.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Robnik likes this.

  7. Top | #5
    Firemark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:23 AM
    Location
    Millstone, N.J.
    Posts
    910
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 185 Times in 109 Posts
    I paid $18,200 for 2016 1025 TLB and no tax (financed with out of state address) with 0% financing. They will also took 10% off mower deck and front blower.
    Mar524ak and Robnik like this.
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    BXpanded-backhoe thumb, bucket teeth, backhoe dolly
    Kens hooks w/ shackles (3 on Bucket), Diff Lock Pedal, backhoe steps
    Artillian Blinders
    Bush hog SBX 480 box blade, BX 600 box Blade
    Frontier LR2060L landscape Rake w/ gauge wheels, subsoiler
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade
    Land Pride QH-15 quick hitch
    Everything Attachments 60" Pine Needle Raked
    Garber Easy Seed 60" drop spreader

  8. Top | #6
    jhays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:30 PM
    Location
    Fuquay-Varina, NC
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Here's the quote I got, I went back and forth with 2 dealers. The one I bought from was really high but right by my house vs. an hour away. Eventually they came down when I came in ready to buy. I've seen others on here pay more, and I've seen others pay less. The only thing that matters is that I love the tractor and feel I got a good deal, getting the lowest price on the forum isn't required to make it a good deal. Go for the best one you can get and have fun in the seat.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 10.32.10 AM.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	345858
    skistrom and Robnik like this.
    2016 John Deere 1025R TLB, 60" Autoconnect Deck, iMatch, 48" Box Blade.

  9. Top | #7
    Arvada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    07-16-2019 @ 11:29 AM
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    481
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 42 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhays View Post
    Here's the quote I got, I went back and forth with 2 dealers. The one I bought from was really high but right by my house vs. an hour away. Eventually they came down when I came in ready to buy. I've seen others on here pay more, and I've seen others pay less. The only thing that matters is that I love the tractor and feel I got a good deal, getting the lowest price on the forum isn't required to make it a good deal. Go for the best one you can get and have fun in the seat.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 10.32.10 AM.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	345858
    Here in CA.

    JOHN DEERE 1025R Sub-Compact

    Utility Tractor (18 PTO hp)

    $ 15,216.96 $ 13,911.29 X 1 = $ 13,911.29



    JOHN DEERE H120 Loader $ 3,534.00 $ 3,330.85 X 1 = $ 3,330.85



    JOHN DEERE 54D In. Mid-Mount

    Side Discharge Mower

    $ 2,381.00 $ 2,244.12 X 1 = $ 2,244.12



    JOHN DEERE 647 Rotary Tiller $ 2,666.00 $ 2,512.74 X 1 = $ 2,512.74

    0% Financing
    Robnik likes this.
    JD
    2016-1025R
    H120 Loader
    54"MMM W/Mulching Kit
    647 Tiller

    Power Beyond Kit Dealer Installed
    Quick Hitch
    Ballast Box
    Titan 42" Forks
    Agri-Fab 175-Pound Tow Broadcast Spreader
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    More to add as needed.

    Added:
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks
    Diff Pedal Extension
    Oblong Ring Sling

  10. Top | #8
    martincom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:22 PM
    Location
    Brainerd, MN
    Posts
    1,464
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 280 Times in 213 Posts
    I was exactly $30K out the door, including tax for the package. Which was:

    2017 1025R TLB
    53" bucket upgrade
    52" autoconnect mower deck
    Independent Lift for mower deck
    47 Snow Blower, including Quick Hitch, mounts, front PTO, upstop, etc
    Cozy Cab w/glass doors, heater, interior mirror, front work light mounts, rear work light, door hold open brackets
    Electronic copies of 1025R Technical Manual and TM for the attachments

    I still have the itemized quote I could email you, if you PM me with your email address. I don't think this forum will allow you to make an attachment to a PM.

    I shopped four dealers in MN and one of state. I could have maybe avoided sales tax with the out of state, but the shipping or me going to get it was actually more.

    If I had it to do over again, I'd take a close look at the Tektite cab as it is supposedly compatible with the backhoe, but it looks awfully snug quarters in the photos. However, Cozy Cab's plant is less than 20 minutes from one of our homes and they've always built one of the best cabs in the business, in my opinion. Normally, I like to remove the cab in the summer, but I'm not sure how practical that will be considering the weight.
    Robnik likes this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

  11. Top | #9
    lsg
    lsg is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Online
    04-25-2019 @ 01:35 AM
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhays View Post
    Here's the quote I got, I went back and forth with 2 dealers. The one I bought from was really high but right by my house vs. an hour away. Eventually they came down when I came in ready to buy. I've seen others on here pay more, and I've seen others pay less. The only thing that matters is that I love the tractor and feel I got a good deal, getting the lowest price on the forum isn't required to make it a good deal. Go for the best one you can get and have fun in the seat.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 10.32.10 AM.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	345858
    Jhays, that looks like a great deal, that's at least a 21% discount...
    I received a quote from my local dealer today on a 2016 TLB and the quote was $20175, seems kind of high for a 2016 model.
    jhays likes this.

  12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •