Use case for MMM independent lift?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Use case for MMM independent lift?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:16 AM
    Thanks

Use case for MMM independent lift?

Hi - I like adding things to my tractor. It's a 2016 1025r FLB with a 60 inch MMM. If it can help increase versatility, I like to add it. I think what I have seen on this subject I would have to have an electric one.

But what is the use case for the MMM independent lift kit?

And if I can find a use case, am I correct I will need to go electric?
    jhays likes this.
    2016 1025r FLB, H120 FEL, 260 BH, 12 suitcase weights, front bracket, 2 BM17973 and 2 BM17972 I-Match, 60"MMM with Mulch Kit, JD receiver hitch, Frontier Box Blade, Frontier Tiller, Frontier 48 Inch forks, JD Rotary Cutter, JD LP22886 Sprayer, Tractor Supply PHD 6, 9, and 12 inch augers, EA Root Grapple, Artillian 3rd function kit, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and receiver, BxPanded (Toothbar, Thumb, Quick-On, Trencher, Ripper, Dolly, and receiver hitch), HH 2" weight bracket

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiefScientist For This Useful Post:

DannGerous667 (04-13-2017), EBhunts (04-13-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:33 PM
    Thanks
    I'm not sure what a 'use case' is. I don't know that there an electric independent lift option. I've seen mechanical and hydraulic.

I can maybe help by providing you a link to search results for 'independent lift.'

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...pendent%20lift
    2015 JD 1025R TLB-Setup (Dealer Installed Backhoe & Power Beyond)
    H120 Loader & 260 Backhoe
    60D MMM with Auto Connect & Ind. Hydraulic Lift
    JD I-match Quick Hitch
    Agri Supply CGR-48 Tiller (77709) & 48" Clamp on Debris Fork (87636)
    Yard Tuff 3-Pt. Plug Aerator (Northern Tool)
    42" Titan Forks w/ 2" Trailer Receiver
    HH Toothbar, Rear 2" Rec. Hitch Plate & 3-in-1 Trailer Tow Hitch
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks, Seat Springs, Differential Lock Pedal Ext.
    JD Forward Lighting Kit & Rear Work Light

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-16-2019 @ 06:58 PM
    Thanks
    Any use of three point while mowing..
    Sprayer? Aerator? Roller? Spreader? All these would require manipulation of the height of the three point in operation where the deck may not want to be lifted. If you are trying to optimize passes this is where the independent lift shines. Wish I had it...
    2015 1025r FILB (H120 49" w/piranha bar & KBOGHs, 60" Auto-connect MMM)
    Artillian Frame, Forks, Grapple and Diverter
    BB2060 Frontier Box Blade
    PB1001 Frontier 1 Bottom Turning Plow
    54" JD Snow Blower
    647JD Tiller
    LP1160 land plane
    Tektite Backhoe cab

Just need a Wallenstein Chipper and... I'm sure I'll think of something more

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:30 PM
    Thanks
    I use the MMM more than any other attachment, so it stays on the tractor. But if I need my box blade I have to drop the MMM to use it. Learned the hard way not to try and attach the MMM with the box blade on, tears a good hole in the ground. However, I have heard that using the independent lift is a pain in the butt, that you have to press a button below the steering wheel meaning lots of leaning over. I'd like a happy solution to both problems.
    2016 John Deere 1025R TLB, 60" Autoconnect Deck, iMatch, 48" Box Blade.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jhays For This Useful Post:

EBhunts (04-13-2017)

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jhays View Post
    I use the MMM more than any other attachment, so it stays on the tractor. But if I need my box blade I have to drop the MMM to use it. Learned the hard way not to try and attach the MMM with the box blade on, tears a good hole in the ground. However, I have heard that using the independent lift is a pain in the butt, that you have to press a button below the steering wheel meaning lots of leaning over. I'd like a happy solution to both problems.
    When mower is on and you want to use 3PT Just raise the mower up and LOCK it. It should stay up and the 3pt should lower
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

10. Top | #6

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    One heck of a powerful electric motor required to lift the mower deck. At the very least a massive gear box to multiply torque run on 12 volts. The time to move up and down could not be as fast as hydraulic cylinder.

Yes the independent hydraulic cylinder lift using the joy stick is very convient and quick. It should be standard equipment as far as I'm concerned when a mower deck is ordered. But the cylinder being permanent mounted the coupling s/b jumpered and permanent lined in too. The electric switch option is poorly thought out. It s/b a open and close circuit redirecting hydraulic path (black coupling) and still operate with the joy stick. Having to hold the switch is just plain goofy. JD sometimes designs non friendly operability as if they never used a tractor............... Cost can't be the reason they charge enough.

Examples mower switch, pull up to reverse, seat switch, front override pto switch, roll bar too high, front carrier bearings w/o seals, chain on blower w/o master link and I'm sure there are others.

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by genesusie View Post
    One heck of a powerful electric motor required to lift the mower deck. At the very least a massive gear box to multiply torque run on 12 volts. The time to move up and down could not be as fast as hydraulic cylinder.
    the new 2R's have a fully electric lift for the decks, IIRC.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks
    I installed the Independent Lift on my new 1025R. Let's recap the differences;

1. Mechanical Lift: The mower deck rockshaft is connected by a solid link to the 3-point rockshaft. They move together, no matter what. I'm guessing that is what you have now.

2. Hydraulic Lift: The mower deck rockshaft to 3-point rockshaft link is removed. A lift only hydraulic cylinder is added underneath the foot board on the left side. It connects to one of the loader Quick Disconnects. So you have to uncouple one or the other. The joystick then controls the mower deck lift.

3. Independent Lift: The same hydraulic cylinder is added under the left side of the footboard. There is no sharing of FEL Quick Disconnects. An electric solenoid hydraulic valve is added under the frame crossover plate, under the footboard. The factory location for the switch is in the lower portion of the console, where there is a blank plug. As members have done, I didn't install the switch there, but installed it where the PTO switch is now and moved the PTO switch adjacent to it, next to steering column bellows. It is much easier to operate.

4. Others have utilized aftermarket components so the mower deck remains up when lifted by the switch, so you don't have to hold the switch and turn the mower deck height dial to the position you want the deck to stay at. I probably wouldn't want to control the mow height in this manner as it would be difficult to duplicate and there would be leak down.

Here is a thread I authored on installing Independent Lift:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ift-1025r.html
    Last edited by martincom; 04-13-2017 at 01:15 PM.
    Traction and jhays like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

13. The Following User Says Thank You to martincom For This Useful Post:

Bosshaus (05-01-2017)

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:33 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jhays View Post
    This would fall under the heading of a First-World Problem. It's not so much of a pain in the butt as it is somewhat inconvienient. For some reason I always wind up pressing the toggle switch with my left hand (by my left knee) which forces me to reach my right hand under my left knee to get to the height adjustment/lock knob. I liken it to the game twister.

I may look into moving my toggle switch sometime when I get older.
    2015 JD 1025R TLB-Setup (Dealer Installed Backhoe & Power Beyond)
    H120 Loader & 260 Backhoe
    60D MMM with Auto Connect & Ind. Hydraulic Lift
    JD I-match Quick Hitch
    Agri Supply CGR-48 Tiller (77709) & 48" Clamp on Debris Fork (87636)
    Yard Tuff 3-Pt. Plug Aerator (Northern Tool)
    42" Titan Forks w/ 2" Trailer Receiver
    HH Toothbar, Rear 2" Rec. Hitch Plate & 3-in-1 Trailer Tow Hitch
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks, Seat Springs, Differential Lock Pedal Ext.
    JD Forward Lighting Kit & Rear Work Light

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:30 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifterbike View Post
    When mower is on and you want to use 3PT Just raise the mower up and LOCK it. It should stay up and the 3pt should lower
    I wrote the backward. When I want to put the mower back on when using the box blade, you have to drop it. Hence the hole in the yard. I typically don't use the backhoe, FEL or any 3pt with the MMM on. I like the extra clearance without it.
    2016 John Deere 1025R TLB, 60" Autoconnect Deck, iMatch, 48" Box Blade.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast