First time removal of H120 loader from 1025R - had problems and need advice please.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: First time removal of H120 loader from 1025R - had problems and need advice please.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks

First time removal of H120 loader from 1025R - had problems and need advice please.

Yesterday I removed the loader for the first time. I've had the tractor for over a year, and I wanted to use my RC2048 rotary cutter with front weights. Well, the loader came off without any drama, and the hydraulic couplers were just a little hard to hard to free up.

Overnight the loader frame had lowered itself about a foot. It was so low I didn't have clearance to drive the tractor under it. I decided to use a pair of floor jacks and some 4x4 posts to raise it back up. I figured that once I got the hydraulics re-connected I'd use them to replace the jacks and that re-connection would be easy.

Two hours later I was still struggling to connect the hydraulic "quick-connects." It ended up taking way more force than I'd anticipated. It didn't help that I was sitting on the floor underneath the loader frame which was balanced on two wood posts. Once I finally got the hydraulics back, the loader frame seemed like it had spread apart side to side about an inch, so I could line up one side but the other wouldn't mate. Finally, another hour and success.

How can I keep the loader from dropping down, and is there a trick to re-connecting the hydraulics?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:35 PM
    Thanks
    Make sure you extend the loader stand out until the locking levers flip themselves back into the locked position. Also, before disconnecting the hydraulic hoses, move the lever in all directions. This is should relieve the pressure and make it much easier next time.
    Gizmo2, Levi, W9GFO and 8 others like this.
    ----
    1025R, H120 Loader, 60D mmm, RC2048 rotary cutter, 54" snowblower, iMatch, ballast box

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ensign For This Useful Post:

RetiredDoc (04-14-2017)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-03-2019 @ 07:21 PM
    Thanks
    The connectors should be a cinch unless there is pressure in the lines. In which case, they are damn near impossible to put together unless you are really ripped.

Relieve the pressure in male connectors by using a pair of water pump pliers to depress the ball in the center of the coupler. With female connectors, use a small screwdriver to depress the valve inside. In either case, use a rag or something similar to protect your hand. A fully pressurized system (not likely in your case but safety is a habit) can be a couple thousand PSI and will inject fluid through your skin if you are not careful.

Al
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AlKozak For This Useful Post:

RetiredDoc (04-14-2017)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:37 PM
    Thanks
    Happened to me the 1st time I see mine down. I was too tentative and didn't pop it up far enough. After a few times you will have no issues.
    2007 2305, New to Me 12/15
    62c MMM, Independent Mid Lift
    H130 FEL, Heavy Hitch, , IMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks,
    N1 Sunshade, 48" Flex Hitch King Kutter,
    72" CTA Snow Pusher, CIDAttachments Forks
    LP 60” Grader Scrapper, R2 Edge Tamers
    Hitch'N Can

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MeagerHair For This Useful Post:

RetiredDoc (04-14-2017)

10. Top | #5
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 10:21 AM
    Thanks
    As said above make sure you extend the parking stand all the way when you take off the loader and make sure your bucket is flat to the ground. To reinstall the loader pull up close enough to have the hoses reach the connections points. Sometimes I have had to take the hoses out of the hose retainer clip on the loader side to reach down. Turn off the tractor and play out the joystick in all directions to release pressure on the tractor side. If you took off the loader in cooler conditions and now it is warmer you will need to release the pressure on the loader lines. I have a rag that I put around the end of the line and press it against a brick to bleed off the pressure on each of the liens one by one. Do not try and do it without covering the ends of the hoses otherwise you will have hydraulic fluid all over yourself. Not fun. Did once and learned quick. I always have had problems trying to get the yellow line connected just because of the angle. Dirt builds up behind the pull back collars on the tractor connections sometimes making it hard to mate the hoses as well. Make sure they are clear of debris.

Good luck.
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    2014- JD 1025r
    L120 59" FEL, 260 BH, 60D MMM
    66"/54" plow with Artillian extension and rubber edge
    Artillian 36" forks
    JD 550 3PT Tiller
    54" spike aerator
    Fimco 3PT 40 gal boom sprayer
    Trac-Vac 580
    CMP 3PT 60" Dethatcher
    51" Lucknow 3PT rear snowblower
    Omni Transformer 3PT weight rack w/ 2" hitch receiver 6-42lbs weights

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 96PSD For This Useful Post:

RetiredDoc (04-14-2017)

12. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 09:36 AM
    Thanks
    Ditto on getting it all then way extended. I put the bucket down flat and take the pressure off the loader frame and I clip the two green clamps then raised the arms up till the clamps snap back down. Unhook hydraulic hoses back away. To reinstall is take the male ends with a rag over them and push them on a solid surface then install them.
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Drifterbike For This Useful Post:

RetiredDoc (04-15-2017)

14. Top | #7

Last Online
    09-26-2017 @ 10:43 PM
    Thanks
    Great video here...

15. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 09:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ensign View Post
    Make sure you extend the loader stand out until the locking levers flip themselves back into the locked position. Also, before disconnecting the hydraulic hoses, move the lever in all directions. This is should relieve the pressure and make it much easier next time.
    This is done after you shut off the tractor. Another thing I do is after it's disconnected I lock the joy stick so it can't be moved after starting the tractor because this will pressurize it again until you shut off the tractor and move the joy stick in every position again.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

16. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ensign View Post
    This needs to be done with the tractor shut down and I find it sometimes takes several cycles slowly through each direction to ensure the hydraulic pressure is down. Best of luck to you next time.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, Levi and 4 others like this.
    2011 2320 w/R4's, 3rd SCV
    imatch hitch. Soft side cab
    47" front mount snow blower
    200cx FEL w/ 54" dirt bucket - added a 1/2" x 6" DBL Bevel Bolt on Cutting Edge
    42"tined utility bucket w/ grapple
    54" JD 3pt blade w/ hydraulic swivel
    Hydraulic Dump trailer 48" W x 72" L X 24" Deep w/cap of 4500 lbs
    2011 D110 w/ bagger, 42" 2-stage blower
    2016 x380 w/ 48" deep body deck and powerflow bagger
    91 STX38 - this was my Father-in-Law's lawn mower

17. Top | #10

Last Online
    06-30-2018 @ 08:39 AM
    Thanks
    In addition to what everyone else has said, don't ever remove the loader without the
    bucket attached. Always leave the bucket on. I discovered that one the hard way
    with a similar result to what you had.
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 4 others like this.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast