Lifting maximum with H120 Loader on 1025R by leaving off bucket or forks.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Lifting maximum with H120 Loader on 1025R by leaving off bucket or forks.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks

Lifting maximum with H120 Loader on 1025R by leaving off bucket or forks.

I would like to lift the maximum weight using the above combination. What I'm lifting are 12 trees with root balls. Root balls are encased in wire mesh with nylon straps attached as lifts. They are sitting on the deck of a flat bed trailer.

Using pallet forks I can't lift them off of the flat bed trailer deck. Close, but not quite enough oomph. With the bucket and bolt on hooks I can't lift them either. My thought is that if I could use the loader frame alone to lift, I might manage them. Not having the bucket would add over 100# to the lifting capacity. Not using the pallet forks would add around 200#. The frame alone of the pallet fork weighs about the same as the Deere 48 inch bucket.

Can I use the loader alone (no bucket, no fork frame)with a sling to lift?

This isn't my tree, but this will give you an idea of the size. My roots are still wrapped in burlap and wire, and the trees are still dormant.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TreePlantingFlyingSaucer014.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	350306
    Last edited by RetiredDoc; 04-19-2017 at 10:40 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 09:36 AM
    Thanks
    I would think so just have ballast on the back and ease. Them to the ground. Good luck

have you thought just use your sling over your quick attach top mounts. Why use fork frame??? I see people using rollers on the quick attach frame to store the H120 without anything on front.
    Last edited by Drifterbike; 04-19-2017 at 10:42 PM.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Drifterbike For This Useful Post:

RetiredDoc (04-19-2017)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Thanks
    If the loader frame has a cross bar behind the bucket that is strong enough you could put a hook on center. I would not put it off center as it could twist the frame or cause a tipping situation. On my bobcat I welded a hook on the center frame for pulling posts, not for the extra lift as much for ease of doing it. Moving it back though will give you more lifting power but a recessed grill if the swings a lot.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Herminator For This Useful Post:

RetiredDoc (04-19-2017)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:50 PM
    Thanks
    You would gain extra lift power without the bucket and fork frame on. You would then be relying on the cross tube by itself to lift with and then not bend without the extra cross support you used to have before you took them off. As heavy as the trees are I would try to find a neighbor with a bigger tractor, rent a off-road forklift if you have a equipment rental place close or make a small mess and take some dirt off the bulbs so you can lift them with straps and the bucket or slide them into the bucket and secure them to the frame so they don't fall out. I would rather do that then take a chance of bending or twisting my loader frame. That's just my 2 cents at 4:27 in the morning. Good luck! Let's us know how you make out.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wentonbrown For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (04-20-2017)

10. Top | #5
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 09:36 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wentonbrown View Post
    You would gain extra lift power without the bucket and fork frame on. You would then be relying on the cross tube by itself to lift with and then not bend without the extra cross support you used to have before you took them off. As heavy as the trees are I would try to find a neighbor with a bigger tractor, rent a off-road forklift if you have a equipment rental place close or make a small mess and take some dirt off the bulbs so you can lift them with straps and the bucket or slide them into the bucket and secure them to the frame so they don't fall out. I would rather do that then take a chance of bending or twisting my loader frame. That's just my 2 cents at 4:27 in the morning. Good luck! Let's us know how you make out.
    You make a lot of sense. You don't want to spring the loader frame. I would try and figure something out.
    Gizmo2, eyeboltman and Robnik like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

11. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,072 Times in 2,538 Posts
    What about just removing the forks, and attaching the straps to the frame? If it's the Artillian frame there is even slots in the end for chains or straps with rings.

I personally do not think it's a great idea to use the loader with nothing attached, the frame of the implement is what keeps the two dump/curl cylinders in time and adds rigidity to the system IMHO.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

RetiredDoc (04-20-2017)

13. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Thanks
    Would a 3pt attachment, such as a boom pole, work for you? The 3pt hitch does have a higher load capacity.
    johnH123, Drifterbike and Robnik like this.
    2012 JD2520 R4's.
    200CX Loader, 49" bucket
    Imatch quick hitch
    King Kutter 60" tiller
    Howse 60" Box blade
    Howse 16" Single bottom plow
    Dirt Dog 5 Shank Chisel Plow (60")
    Homemade 3pt suitcase weight hitch
    Homemade 3pt 1 row disc hiller
    Homemade (6) shank toothbar
    (4) 2" Motorsports Wheel Spacers
    (7) 70lb suitcase weights
    Ken's bolt on hooks
    Titan 42" pallet forks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to raco232 For This Useful Post:

RetiredDoc (04-20-2017)

15. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 05:08 PM
    Thanks
    "Using pallet forks I can't lift them off of the flat bed trailer deck. Close, but not quite enough oomph.
    This isn't my tree, but this will give you an idea of the size. My roots are still wrapped in burlap and wire, and the trees are still dormant..."

Using the shovel handle for scale, I suspect that you might have a mechanical issue-perhaps a need for hydraulic pressure adjustment. My 1025R FILB routinely picks up Heritage Birch to load larger rootballs with 4 or 5 18 foot high stalks using Artillian Forks, and then I unload them to plant at grade in 5 foot diameter holes that are three feet deep. There is some groaning and whining and front tire squishing, and a need for a feather touch on the SCV to lower them from a truck bed, but my tractor handles them OK. I would not ever attempt to use the H120 frame without a bucket or a fork frame. It will twist for sure.

Ken Richmond
    Drifterbike and Robnik like this.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kennyrichmond For This Useful Post:

RetiredDoc (04-20-2017)

17. Top | #9

Last Online
    08-14-2019 @ 08:46 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    I would like to lift the maximum weight using the above combination. What I'm lifting are 12 trees with root balls. Root balls are encased in wire mesh with nylon straps attached as lifts. They are sitting on the deck of a flat bed trailer.

Using pallet forks I can't lift them off of the flat bed trailer deck. Close, but not quite enough oomph. With the bucket and bolt on hooks I can't lift them either. My thought is that if I could use the loader frame alone to lift, I might manage them. Not having the bucket would add over 100# to the lifting capacity. Not using the pallet forks would add around 200#. The frame alone of the pallet fork weighs about the same as the Deere 48 inch bucket.

Can I use the loader alone (no bucket, no fork frame)with a sling to lift?

This isn't my tree, but this will give you an idea of the size. My roots are still wrapped in burlap and wire, and the trees are still dormant.

[iurl="http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=350306&d=1492659612"][/iurl]
    Don't do it doc. That skinny rod just behind the bucket bends like a toothpick my machine just got serviced for that. Artillian makes a lighter fork frame than the Deere/frontier one which means more lifting power for you. Also Kenny of Grab hooks fame sells the hydraulic gauges that plug into the hydraulic quick coupler - make sure you're producing enough pressure 2000 plus psi I believe. It can be adjusted up if it's not meeting that benchmark.

And just remember to keep that lever arm working to your advantage by keeping load as close to you as possible - sometimes the forks of it loads too far out for the machine to lift properly
    mark02tj, Drifterbike and Robnik like this.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jermedic For This Useful Post:

RetiredDoc (04-20-2017)

19. Top | #10
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    What about just removing the forks, and attaching the straps to the frame? If it's the Artillian frame there is even slots in the end for chains or straps with rings.

I personally do not think it's a great idea to use the loader with nothing attached, the frame of the implement is what keeps the two dump/curl cylinders in time and adds rigidity to the system IMHO.
    My pallet fork frame and my bucket weigh almost the same, so I wouldn't gain any lifting ability with the frame sans forks vs the bucket.

This morning, a guy with a big tractor doing some work for my neighbor unloaded them for me. Paid him $50 and he placed each tree next to its planting spot.

20. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast