Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: How To Wash My 1025r TLB?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 03:25 PM
    Thanks

How To Wash My 1025r TLB?

All Right - it may sound like a dumb question - but I was a 100% complete Newbie when I got my tractor 50 hrs. ago. But with everyone's help here, I am starting to do some things that I never thought I would be good at before. And like others, I am really bummed I didn't buy a tractor 15 years ago. My back and knees would be in much better shape today.

So I'm getting my first service done soon, and I was going to give it a good washing first. But I have no idea exactly how to do it - as in, what not to get wet, where not to shoot water, and any other "no-nos" or suggestions.

For example, should I attempt to keep water away from the "dashboard, ignition and other switches?" Can (or should I) spray down the engine compartment? When washing, does the water that gets under the floor mat just sit there and promote rusting? Should I immediately dry and lube the silver part of the hydraulic pistons?

I was going to "blow dry" with my leaf blower when done, but didn't know if there were places I should be careful of when doing that - like unintentionally blowing moisture into electronics, etc. where hand drying may be better.

If there is another topic somewhere, or if this is in the manual anywhere, I apologize. Just send me there please. Or share any tips or tricks you might have discovered.

And one related additional question please. How many hours past 50 hrs on my 1025r TLB would be considered too many, before completing the 50 hour service? My service department is taking a little longer than I would like to come out and do it.
    Learning By Asking
    1025r
    Artiliian Forks and Dolly
    Back Hoe
    BXpanded Thumb and BH Dolly
    x300

2. The Following User Says Thank You to konakid For This Useful Post:

KDNitz (01-28-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 01:34 PM
    Thanks
    I have only had mine for about 18 months but I wash it after every use including mowing weekly. I wash out everything including taking out the radiator screen and washing down the engine and so far I haven't had any trouble. Keep in mind almost all of these machines sit on the dealers lot exposed to the weather for months at a time sometimes before they are purchased. As far as the 50 hour service it shouldn't hurt it to go a few extra hours. Plus being in Hawaii I would at least rinse it down after every use if you have as much salt in the air as we do in Florida.
    Last edited by Robnik; 04-24-2017 at 07:56 PM.
    Levi, Marlin, Oscar Leroy and 1 others like this.
    2015 1025R TLB
    Kens bolt on hooks and clevis (3) and differential lock pedal
    JD phd with 6" and 9" augers
    2048 box blade
    Titan 36" forks
    Country Way 40 gallon 3 pt. Sprayer
    Piranha tooth bar
    6 acres in Central Florida

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    I pressure wash mine. When I have the washer set up to clean out the horse trailer, and the tractor is sitting there already within reach of the pressure washer hose, I just use the same Krud Kutter vehicle wash. I do the rinsing with the widest spray tip and usually from about 10 feet away. I avoid directly spraying the exposed parts of the engine and the grille. Since I use my gas leaf blower to get standing water off the horse trailer floor I hit the tractor with it also.

I don't do it often, since I only do the horse trailer when it has been peed in, and horses don't often pee in a moving trailer. When one gets desperate enough to pee, there's quite a flood.

Before I did my 50 hour service myself, I did spray down the underside of the tractor with full strength Simple Green, let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, and rinsed with a hose just to remove all the accumulated grease and grime, particularly from around the hydraulic fluid strainer access area and filter areas.
    Last edited by RetiredDoc; 04-24-2017 at 09:21 PM.
    Levi, Marlin, Robnik and 1 others like this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    1sd

Last Online
    04-25-2017 @ 11:54 PM
    Thanks
    When I first got my 1025R I washed it after every use. (I even waxed it the first day I took delivery ) Now I just wash it once a week. I get everything wet and I've never had any issues with anything. I also use my leaf blower and blow everything off before I wash it to get the dust off and after I wash it to get the water off. Then I just dry it like a car being careful to avoid all the grease fittings.
    Levi, Marlin and Robnik like this.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Thanks
    I hose mine down, than use some mild soapy water and hose it again.
    Last edited by Firemark; 04-25-2017 at 06:00 AM.
    Levi, Marlin and Robnik like this.
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    BXpanded-backhoe thumb, bucket teeth, backhoe dolly
    Kens hooks w/ shackles (3 on Bucket), Diff Lock Pedal, backhoe steps
    Artillian Blinders
    Bush hog SBX 480 box blade, BX 600 box Blade
    Frontier LR2060L landscape Rake w/ gauge wheels, subsoiler
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade
    Land Pride QH-15 quick hitch
    Everything Attachments 60" Pine Needle Raked
    Garber Easy Seed 60" drop spreader

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Thanks

Green is VERY Corrosive

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    I pressure wash mine. When I have the washer set up to clean out the horse trailer, and the tractor is sitting there already within reach of the pressure washer hose, I just use the same Krud Kutter vehicle wash. I do the rinsing with the widest spray tip and usually from about 10 feet away. I avoid directly spraying the exposed parts of the engine and the grille. Since I use my gas leaf blower to get standing water off the horse trailer floor I hit the tractor with it also.

I don't do it often, since I only do the horse trailer when it has been peed in, and horses don't often pee in a moving trailer. When one gets desperate enough to pee, there's quite a flood.

Before I did my 50 hour service myself, I did spray down the underside of the tractor with full strength Simple Green, let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, and rinsed with a hose just to remove all the accumulated grease and grime, particularly from around the hydraulic fluid strainer access area and filter areas.
    Be careful using Simple Green on your expensive equipment. It contains many corrosive chemicals. Just a word of caution.....
    Marlin, Robnik and jack_pine like this.
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Tranny Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, Single Point Hyd, 57" HD Bucket, WR Long Tooth Bar & 3rd Function Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger w\ Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I would recommend you "wash" the green parts of the tractor using car wash soap and water with a washing mitten, and be careful not to spray too much water on the instrument panel - just because! Use high pressure water to clean the rest of the machine and scrub as needed using medium-stiffness plastic bristle brush. Blow dry with leaf blower and towel dry the green to eliminate spots. Use something like Meguiar's Quick Detailer afterwards on the green to promote a nice shiny finish and to protect the surface.

It's a labor of love don't ya know?

Marlin, Robnik and leonpreston097 like this.
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Tranny Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, Single Point Hyd, 57" HD Bucket, WR Long Tooth Bar & 3rd Function Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger w\ Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    I have a tractor. It gets dirty, greasy to the point I don't like it I wash it...everything. Last week was such a time. I used mean green on everything then hosed it off. I use compressed air to blow all excess water off. Only thing I worry about is the ignition. With the key out I blow air into it to get as much water/moisture out as I can. Wash it, blow dry it.
    chex313, romcjr, Marlin and 2 others like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    I like to spray the grimy areas like around the 3PH, the wheels and axles with Fantastik... let it sit a few minutes and then rinse it off with a gentle hose spray. It does a really good job of keeping those areas clean. I wash the hood, fenders and other top side areas with car wash soap and a mitt. Again, rinse with a gentle spray. I do the same with the garden tractor.
    coaltrain, Marlin, Robnik and 1 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I like to spray the grimy areas like around the 3PH, the wheels and axles with Fantastik... let it sit a few minutes and then rinse it off with a gentle hose spray. It does a really good job of keeping those areas clean. I wash the hood, fenders and other top side areas with car wash soap and a mitt. Again, rinse with a gentle spray. I do the same with the garden tractor.
    That Fantastic is good stuff!!! I use it to clean lots and lots of household "guy stuff".....!!
    Marlin and Robnik like this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast