• 2 Post By Panhead
  • 3 Post By xcopterdoc

Thread: 50 Hour Service

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-27-2019 @ 02:49 PM
    Thanks

50 Hour Service

Did the 50 hour service today and I have a couple of questions. I first put 12 quarts in and nothing on the dip stick. Kept adding oil until i got to almost 15 quarts before it was to the full mark on the stick. Based on what I've read here I didn't expect it to take that much oil. Does this sound right? After service everything worked as it should. I did lower the autoconnect to get to the filter and now when raising the arms I hear a bit of a noise that wasn't here before but it seems to work as it should though. Thoughts?

Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:13 AM
    Thanks
    Mine took more than what was stated in the manual too. First time I did it, I kept adding a little until it was within the proper range, than after running the rig and letting it settle, it was a bit too high. Learned from posts on the forum, to let the fluid settle awhile than take reading. It comes up quick when adding small amounts in the end. I do the trans fluid, filter and screen first now. I let it drain awhile with the trans filter off, the fill cap off and the dipstick pulled. I do the front axle next and put two Tupperware containers under each side and let that drain awhile too while I do the engine oil (rig run and warmed up before I start the service so engine oil runs out easier). By that time, trans is drained and I refill. I let the trans oil settle and fill the front axle and let all the HyGuard settle while I grease, lube the SCV change air filters, both fuel filters, tire air pressure, lube three point etc. then I go back and check trans level and front axle level and add a touch if necessary, let it settle awhile while going over rig and check it again after it settles. You will learn real quick. Draining a bit out is an unnecessary PITA but after doing it once, I learned quickly.
    Last edited by Firemark; 04-27-2017 at 05:32 AM.
    papaw1962, bama1025r and Robnik like this.
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    BXpanded-backhoe thumb, bucket teeth, backhoe dolly
    Kens hooks w/ shackles (3 on Bucket), Diff Lock Pedal, backhoe steps
    Artillian Blinders
    Bush hog SBX 480 box blade, BX 600 box Blade
    Frontier LR2060L landscape Rake w/ gauge wheels, subsoiler
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade
    Land Pride QH-15 quick hitch
    Everything Attachments 60" Pine Needle Raked
    Garber Easy Seed 60" drop spreader

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    08-27-2019 @ 02:49 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    Mine took more than what was stated in the manual too. First time I did it, I kept adding a little until it was within the proper range, than after running the rig and letting it settle, it was a bit too high. Learned from posts on the forum, to let the fluid settle awhile than take reading. It comes up quick when adding small amounts in the end. I do the trans fluid, filter and screen first now. I let it drain awhile with the trans filter off, the fill cap off and the dipstick pulled. I do the front axle next and put two Tupperware containers under each side and let that drain awhile too while I do the engine oil (rig run and warmed up before I start the service so engine oil runs out easier). By that time, trans is drained and I refill. I let the trans oil settle and fill the front axle and let all the HyGuard settle while I grease, lube the SCV change air filters, both fuel filters, tire air pressure, lube three point etc. then I go back and check trans level and front axle level and add a touch if necessary, let it settle awhile while going over rig and check it again after it settles. You will learn real quick. Draining a bit out is an unnecessary PITA but after doing it once, I learned quickly.

Thanks for the reply Firemark. With this in mind I went out first thing this morning and checked the level and it was dead on the money, exactly at the full mark. I haven't operated the tractor since the service other than to put it back out in the barn so I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Steve
    Firemark and Robnik like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:38 AM
    Thanks
    You'll be fine. Dont over think the amount they call for. Add until full, make a mental note or a note in your OM and go ftom there. Most fill specs are based on volumes rather that actual right to the ounce. I always stop way short and add lil by lil til full.
    Bottom line.. Buy a lil extra to make sure ya have enough and dont sweat it. Rock on.. DIY..

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Firemark, Oscar Leroy and Robnik like this.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements