1025r hydraulic overfill.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 1025r hydraulic overfill.

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 05:15 PM
    Location
    Quechee, VT
    Posts
    230
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 45 Times in 18 Posts

    1025r hydraulic overfill.

    Hi folks. Just before last winter I had my tractor serviced at the Deere dealer and all seemed fine. I’ve put maybe 10 hours on it since. I just discovered that it is leaking transmission fluid between the rear wheels. Upon checking the level, I discovered that it is WAYYYY over filled – to the very top of the dip-stick. I am going to send it up to the dealer to have them check where the leak is coming from. I looked in the manual to see if there are any cautions about damage being done if it is overfilled. There are no warnings about that. The only thing it says is "Do not overfill transmission. Oil expands during operation and could overflow." Is there an overflow bleed valve or something whereby no damage will occur? Or can excess pressure build up in the crankcase and cause seals to fail?

    I’ve learned my lesson not to trust dealers to get levels correct and always immediately check. I’ve had this happen several times with my cars. What the he## does one have to do… check all fluid levels in the parking lot before leaving? Ridiculous…

    Thanks for your help.

    Stewart

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    chex313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Location
    SE. PA.
    Posts
    899
    Thanks
    146
    Thanked 95 Times in 82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VTTractorguy View Post
    Hi folks. Just before last winter I had my tractor serviced at the Deere dealer and all seemed fine. I’ve put maybe 10 hours on it since. I just discovered that it is leaking transmission fluid between the rear wheels. Upon checking the level, I discovered that it is WAYYYY over filled – to the very top of the dip-stick. I am going to send it up to the dealer to have them check where the leak is coming from. I looked in the manual to see if there are any cautions about damage being done if it is overfilled. There are no warnings about that. The only thing it says is "Do not overfill transmission. Oil expands during operation and could overflow." Is there an overflow bleed valve or something whereby no damage will occur? Or can excess pressure build up in the crankcase and cause seals to fail?

    I’ve learned my lesson not to trust dealers to get levels correct and always immediately check. I’ve had this happen several times with my cars. What the he## does one have to do… check all fluid levels in the parking lot before leaving? Ridiculous…

    Thanks for your help.

    Stewart
    Did you put on attachments that may have had additional oil in them that wasn't accounted for? They should have left a little room for sure. I like to leave it down slightly until I see for sure that it needs more...

    if you have a loader or something maybe it would siphon oil out if you put it on...As the saying goes "If you want something done right....do it yourself"
    Last edited by chex313; 04-29-2017 at 07:34 AM.
    Dave's 2012 1026R TLB,54"MMM Auto Attach,Ken's hooks&clevis,Artillian 36' Forks and a KennyPedal WH 520H 48" Snow Blade,48" Deck379 Peterbuilt (3 Million Miles in a big truck)

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to chex313 For This Useful Post:

    VTTractorguy (04-29-2017)

  5. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 05:15 PM
    Location
    Quechee, VT
    Posts
    230
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 45 Times in 18 Posts
    That's a good thought, but the loader was on when they took it for service. It's been on ever since. I noticed an odd thing yesterday... I have a boxblade on the hitch. When I raise the hitch all the up I can hear the hydraulics continuing to strain, even though the hitch is all the way up... as if it is still trying to lift. This seems worse when the engine is at lower RPMs. It's like something is not shutting off.

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  7. Top | #4
    etcallhome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Location
    Preston County WV
    Posts
    13,522
    Thanks
    3,304
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,614 Posts
    Sorry to hear about the leak, but just wondering, did you check the fluid level before starting the tractor and was all hyd left down ...
    Gene

    Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to etcallhome For This Useful Post:

    VTTractorguy (04-29-2017)

  9. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Online
    10-20-2019 @ 10:44 PM
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    Posts
    498
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 85 Times in 68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VTTractorguy View Post
    That's a good thought, but the loader was on when they took it for service. It's been on ever since. I noticed an odd thing yesterday... I have a boxblade on the hitch. When I raise the hitch all the up I can hear the hydraulics continuing to strain, even though the hitch is all the way up... as if it is still trying to lift. This seems worse when the engine is at lower RPMs. It's like something is not shutting off.
    Your three point feedback lever seems to be out of adjustment. Check the tech manual for the adjustment procedure. You should have not continued Hydraulic sounds once all the way up.
    2015 1025r FILB (H120 49" w/piranha bar & KBOGHs, 60" Auto-connect MMM)
    Artillian Frame, Forks, Grapple and Diverter
    BB2060 Frontier Box Blade
    PB1001 Frontier 1 Bottom Turning Plow
    54" JD Snow Blower
    647JD Tiller
    LP1160 land plane
    Tektite Backhoe cab

    Just need a Wallenstein Chipper and... I'm sure I'll think of something more

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to mn1025rfilb For This Useful Post:

    VTTractorguy (04-29-2017)

  11. Top | #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 05:15 PM
    Location
    Quechee, VT
    Posts
    230
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 45 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Sorry to hear about the leak, but just wondering, did you check the fluid level before starting the tractor and was all hyd left down ...
    Yes. Just checked it again. Tractor is cold and implements are down on the ground. Here is where the level is on the dipstick:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hydraulic Level.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	595.6 KB 
ID:	356626

    It's a bit lower than when I checked yesterday. It was up at the top.

  12. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:47 AM
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    920
    Thanks
    533
    Thanked 372 Times in 195 Posts
    I had the same problem after having my dealer install my FEL. I received a lot of good advice on how to get the oil back to the right level. Please see this POST.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to keane For This Useful Post:

    VTTractorguy (04-29-2017)

  14. Top | #8
    jgayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:39 AM
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,066
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,260 Posts
    Get yourself an oil sucker and draw off the excess oil from the dipstick hole. The small ones work but can be a little messy. One of the ball style shown below can also be used for changing oil in vehicles and small engines.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oil_sucker_3.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	356674

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oil_sucker2.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	356666
    coaltrain likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

    VTTractorguy (04-29-2017)

  16. Top | #9
    xcopterdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:55 AM
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    1,674
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 892 Times in 335 Posts
    You have 2 problems.. 1: oil is a lil over full.. 2: oil is overheating due to the hitch control rod being out of adjustment. Whenever a hyd system goes into relief it causes heat. Its squirting hyd fluid at a high pressure thru a smal hole to relieve pressure in the system. Which is what it is supposed to do. The hitch should raise up, come to the top, then if the linkage is adjusted correctly, it should shift the spool back to neutral. If out of adjustment its like holding your loader joystick back forever.

    Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xcopterdoc; 04-29-2017 at 04:03 PM.
    DRobinson, Jep and keane like this.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to xcopterdoc For This Useful Post:

    VTTractorguy (04-29-2017)

  18. Top | #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 05:15 PM
    Location
    Quechee, VT
    Posts
    230
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 45 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post
    You have 2 problems.. 1: oil is a lil over full.. 2: oil is overheating due to the hitch control rod being out of adjustment. Whenever a hyd system goes into relief it causes heat. Its squirting hyd fluid at a high pressure thru a smal hole to relieve pressure in the system. Which is what it is supposed to do. The hitch should raise up, come to the top, then if the linkage is adjusted correctly, it should shift the spool back to neutral. If out of adjustment its like holding your loader joystick back forever.

    Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Thanks everyone for your valued help. And thanks xcopterdoc for this. This sounds like the problem. Can you tell me... Since the tractor has been in this state for quite some time, has any damage occurred? Or is the relief pressure hole saving the system from damaging high pressure? The tractor is still under warranty and I'd like to address this with the dealer.

  19. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •