Green Tractor Talk banner

WORK LIGHTS ON 1023e

17K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  PJR832 
#1 ·
Before I tear into the lights on the ROPS I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether the 1023e has the wiring built into the harness for high mount work lights?

#2 ·
According to the wiring diagram in the Technical Manual, they do. I noticed them on my 1025R, they're the single bullet type connectors and they are located just where the harness enters the bottom of the ROPS. The feed wires are purple in color and the ground wires are black.

#3 ·
Thank you, I was close to assuming that it was but just wanted some feedback.

Reactions: etcallhome
#5 ·
Hey there.. No the wiring is not already on the 1023.. I added the forward lighting kit to mine a while back and it was a frustrating ordeal until a dealer I visited discovered for me that you need to order an additional wiring harness to connect the system. Really easy once you have the harness. It was only $24 bucks Canadian. I'm still in shock that it's not included from the factory. Anyway. Read my old threat titled "forward lighting kit for the 1023e". The part number for the harness you need is LVB26026.

Reactions: PJR832
#6 ·
You are correct that the forward (fender mounted) worklight wiring was not included in 1023E, up through S/N 512600. After that, it is. However, the inquiry was in regards to the "high mount work lights" or those installed on the ROPS, typically on top of the brush guard for the flashing, tail, stop lamps. That wiring is included on all versions of the 1023E, according to the Technical Manual.

#12 ·
Just another thought for lighting. I just recently purchased a LED light bar from the clearance shelf at my local TSC (Traveller 30 Single CREE 150W LED Light Bar). TSC also sells a harness kit with a switch for this light which I also purchased. My plan is to mount the light to a piece of flat stock which I will have some magnetic mounts on and just place it on top of the ROPS when I have a need for the lighting and just plug it in to the harness. When I don't need it just unplug it and remove it. I can also face the light bar forward or to the rear depending on my need. That way it is easy quick on & off and not on the rops when I am working in the woods or around objects that like to snag on your lights. When I get this future project done I will post some photos and let you know how it is working out.

#13 ·
That's a good idea, especially with the magnet mount. The only time I will most likely need all the lights is for plowing snow in the winter anyway so a less than permanent solution might be more suitable. Let me know how this turns out, I am very interested in this idea.

#16 · (Edited)
According to the Technical Manual wiring diagram, the harness for the fender lights should be there on the later 1023E, also. I wonder if it is rolled up and tie wrapped under the fender or seat closure panels?

The dotted line section denoted with the circled "A" is specific to 1023E up to S/N 512600. The dotted section denoted with the circled "B" is for the 1023E of S/N 512601 and beyond. The "B" section indicates the fender wiring harness should be there. Both "A" & "B" should have the bullet connectors, at the bottom of the ROPS, for the ROPS mounted work lamps.

View attachment 359930

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.