My 1023 doesn't stop right away after you take you foot off the forward pedal....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: My 1023 doesn't stop right away after you take you foot off the forward pedal....

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    12-31-2018 @ 12:19 PM
    Thanks

Question My 1023 doesn't stop right away after you take you foot off the forward pedal....

Hey all,

My 1023 that I purchased last year, around 35 hours on it currently, has started to develop an issue where it doesn't stop right away after you take you foot off the forward pedal. From new it stopped instantly after taking your foot off both the forward and rear pedals, it still comes to a searching halt after taking your foot off the reverse pedal.

Is this a transmission creep or brake issue? It doesn't move on it's own on level ground just doesn't come to a quick stop anymore and I have to hit the brakes from time to time. I've found something here on how to adjust transmission creep but just want to make sure that is actually the issue before trying to make the adjustment.
    Drifterbike, Robnik and UBNT like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    05-29-2017 @ 12:44 AM
    Thanks
    In Hi, Low or both gears? I traded my 1023e off a few weeks ago but in Low it would stop immediately when you pull your foot off either pedal it took a bit longer to come to a stop in High. The coder it was the more responsive it was. Check your fluid levels cold with attachments down, you are due for a hydraulic change at 50 hours, make sure you use low vis.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Drifterbike and Robnik like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 09:36 AM
    Thanks
    My 1025R stops when i tkae my foot off the hydro pedals. I very seldom use my left foot for the brake only if on a incline.
    Robnik likes this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    12-31-2018 @ 12:19 PM
    Thanks
    Just checked the hyrdo fluid cold and it was correct. Tested the stopping in both the low and high gears forward and back. The only instance where I feel like I'm getting a positive or an active response in terms of the tractor slowing itself down is in reverse high. All other instances; high forward, lo forward, lo reverse and feels like the tractor is just coasting to a stop.
    Last edited by tommott77; 05-02-2017 at 11:10 AM.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Thanks
    Look at the pedal linkage and you will see a shock similar to a hood or trunk gas shock. Actuate the pedal and observe the movement of the shock and linkage. Tractor not running of course. It could be a bad shock, something wedged in the linkage or a pedal pivot thats hanging up.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    raco232, ky_shawn and Robnik like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post
    Look at the pedal linkage and you will see a shock similar to a hood or trunk gas shock. Actuate the pedal and observe the movement of the shock and linkage. Tractor not running of course. It could be a bad shock, something wedged in the linkage or a pedal pivot thats hanging up.

Spray the pedal pivot linkage with some Fluid Film or WD40 as xcopterdoc posted maybe pedal is hanging up or something wedge in the linkage.
    raco232 likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    08-28-2019 @ 10:36 AM
    Thanks
    The 1025r has a bad shock issue that started out for me like you have described. Look under the right rear wheel and move the pedals and you will see the shock that is referenced.

The issue for mine was that the forward end of the shock mount is a 10-32 threaded aluminum end into the shock that has a shackle to bolt it to the pedal linkage. The issue is that there aren't enough threads/meat on the 10-32 end of the connection to keep it in place. As it starts to strip it will lengthen and give you the creepy forward with a solid reverse stop.

if that is the problem and it lets go be prepared to step on the reverse pedal to stop the tractor because it will NOT return the pedal if it lets go. You can drive the tractor without it but it is not safe and you will find that without the shock it is extremely jerky to drive.

Easiest way to service it if it is needed is to remove the right rear tire. A 13mm socket and long extension with swivel on the forward connection and a torq on the rear (forget the size) and it comes right off for service/replacement.

Check the recalls I seem to remember there being a recall on them from somewhere here on this site.
    ky_shawn likes this.
    Without data, you are just another man with an opinion.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1025r TLB
    - 54" MMM
    - 49" 120 FEL with Piranha tooth bar
    - 260 Backhoe with 12" and 16" Buckets
    - 5' County Line Box Blade
    - FSP700 Spreader

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BBarn For This Useful Post:

tommott77 (05-09-2017)

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    01-26-2019 @ 12:01 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post

Not the OP, but dealing with this problem right now. The pedal side of the cylinder has come off entirely. Is there any way to reattach it to the rod of the gas cylinder, or does the entire cylinder have to be replaced?

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Threads are usually stripped. Replace the shock and be done with it.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Part number is LVA17758. Somewhere around $65. Give or take.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast