Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Missing/ Loose nuts

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    04-23-2018 @ 11:18 AM
    Thanks

Missing/ Loose nuts

Hey everyone, My 1025R is less than a year old and an awesome machine.The question I have is : Are these things like an old Harley I used to have with nuts coming loose? The pin that helps hold the parking stand on the H120 loader has a nut that keeps coming off, I found them at Tractor Supply and it is a metric 16-10 are there other bolts I need to check on regularly? Thank you for this site and all the knowledge that is available here. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by papaw1962; 05-04-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    ky_shawn and Robnik like this.
    GX255 with Ag tread tires, ..1025R, H120 Loader, 54D Autoconnect mmm, RT1149 ROTARY TILLER, BB5048 BOX BLADE, MIDDLE BUSTER, Ballest Box. KENS BOLT ON HOOKS, STEERING WHEEL KNOB. ,fluid filled tires,trailer hitch. more to come!!.Just call me Gordon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 05:25 AM
    Thanks
    I have found at least 3 bolts laying in my driveway that fell off the tractor. I checked every bolt/nut I had access to.

Check this thread: Loader Bolts Missing
    1025r
    H120 Loader w/Ken's hooks, Pirhana Bar, Ratchet Rake, Bucket Tamer Shoes, front quick hitch
    260 Backhoe w/Ken's hook, BXpanded Thumb, Bro-Tec Ripper Tooth
    Artillian Diverter kit. Grapple w/Fangs, loader arm mounted 54 snow blade w/ wings, 24" forks
    54" Rock Bucket
    Ballast box
    I-Match
    Box Blade
    Back Blade
    3pt CarryAll
    Boom Pole
    Artillian Front Hoe
    RimGuard in all 4
    2" Wheel Spacers
    Heavy Hitch
    Block Heater
    HLA 60" Snow Pusher w/Backdrag Blade
    Tektite hard side heated cab

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    I don't have a 1 series but I do have issues with my 3520. One of my cup holders is the designated place for all nuts, bolts, screws, and washers that I have located in/around the tractor. Who knows how many has been lost while in operation. Took some interior pieces off the other day to install switches and found 3 more screws laying loose. Sometimes I get lucky and easily find the location of whatever I find loose, but not this time so into the cup holder with the rest of the unknowns. I can deal with the interior falling apart but it really bothers me when I open the hood and find bolts wedged somewhere between engine components. Sadly, when servicing the tractor or on rainy days I can't do anything else I use that time to grab a ratchet, sockets, and screwdrivers to go over the tractor and tighten things back down. Amazes me at how quiet the tractor is after I spend some time going over it by not having the vibration noises from loose components. Torque values seem to be meaningless.

Edit: just realized your referring to the H120 loader and not the tractor itself. Amazingly my loader has never had a single loose bolt/nut after checking them several times.
    Last edited by ky_shawn; 05-04-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    eric102, papaw1962 and Robnik like this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Thanks
    Wow! I guess I've been lucky on my 3320, have only lost one bolt in 9 years of ownership and that was because it snapped off.

Its possible some are missing that I haven't noticed but everything I check with the torque wrench is still there and tight.
    papaw1962, ky_shawn and Robnik like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eric102 View Post
    Wow! I guess I've been lucky on my 3320, have only lost one bolt in 9 years of ownership and that was because it snapped off.

Its possible some are missing that I haven't noticed but everything I check with the torque wrench is still there and tight.
    The cab interior aside, I expect plastic and small screws to work loose but under the hood irks me a bit. I expect some things to get loose during break in but would think checking it over once should be good enough from then on out. Simply hasn't been my case. I'm not saying it's awful and has driven me to the point of disliking the tractor, but it is something I don't think should be occurring on any machine regardless of brand if such brand has a reputation of quality. I can EASILY pin point every nut/bolt that has been loose, after I checked several of them for a second time to find them loose or found the location of a bolt laying free, I started marking them with a sharpie. Again, it's not to the point of needing a new sharpie yet to mark nuts/bolts but there is plenty of marks under the hood. My cup holder has enough metal in it that it no longer rattles like it did when there was just a couple nuts/bolts/screw laying loose inside it.
    Last edited by ky_shawn; 05-06-2017 at 10:18 PM.
    rtgt, eric102, Drifterbike and 2 others like this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    08-28-2019 @ 10:36 AM
    Thanks
    11 months and 154 hours with my 1025 and only lost 1 nut within the first 20 hours. Came off the 3pt on the left side of the tractor. Can't remember what it was attached to but it was spring loaded. It flew forward and hit on the PTO output lever switching it from mid PTO to rear PTO. Otherwise no issues.

I did find a couple mast bolts under torqued and a few wheel studs as well but they revealed themselves to me in the proscribed maintenance windows. Haven't had any issues with them since.

I'll be doing a nut and bolt check this weekend. I want to crawl under the tractor to grease the drive line and while I am there just give a good once-over. I've done that a few times and haven't found anything but that doesn't mean I don't see the ones that are already missing.
    rtgt, papaw1962, ky_shawn and 1 others like this.
    Without data, you are just another man with an opinion.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1025r TLB
    - 54" MMM
    - 49" 120 FEL with Piranha tooth bar
    - 260 Backhoe with 12" and 16" Buckets
    - 5' County Line Box Blade
    - FSP700 Spreader

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Thanks

Loose/missing washers, studs

Quote Originally Posted by BBarn View Post
    11 months and 154 hours with my 1025 and only lost 1 nut within the first 20 hours. Came off the 3pt on the left side of the tractor. Can't remember what it was attached to but it was spring loaded. It flew forward and hit on the PTO output lever switching it from mid PTO to rear PTO. Otherwise no issues.

I did find a couple mast bolts under torqued and a few wheel studs as well but they revealed themselves to me in the proscribed maintenance windows. Haven't had any issues with them since.

I'll be doing a nut and bolt check this weekend. I want to crawl under the tractor to grease the drive line and while I am there just give a good once-over. I've done that a few times and haven't found anything but that doesn't mean I don't see the ones that are already missing.
    I found several washers and a stud laying on the garage floor when moving my 1025R last winter. I then had a problem with the auto connect and it was serviced but they sent the extra washers and stud back unused. I asked and they said it wasn't the issue with the auto connect but that it needed "pressed back into place" and it wasn't a warrant item to boot. This machine had less than 25 hrs on it. I wonder if the missing parts are from the auto connect unit but can't prove it and due to physical limitations I can't just crawl under the tractor to check, that is why we bought the auto connect in the first place, to eliminate crawling under the tractor for mower install, etc. I don't think the washers and stud appear to be from the H120 loader, they are too small and long.
    2016 John Deere 1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM Auto Connect, 54" Hydraulic Articulating Front Blade w/ Blade Extensions, 42" Land Pride Tiller, Seat Spring Upgrades by KennyD, 42 Gallon Fimco Sprayer w/ Greenleaf Asymetrical Nozzles and 12' spray boom, Poulan 14" Chain Saw, Edge R Rite Lawn Edger, Echo SM-225 String Trimmer.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 12:40 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ky_shawn View Post
    I don't have a 1 series but I do have issues with my 3520. One of my cup holders is the designated place for all nuts, bolts, screws, and washers that I have located in/around the tractor. Who knows how many has been lost while in operation. Took some interior pieces off the other day to install switches and found 3 more screws laying loose. Sometimes I get lucky and easily find the location of whatever I find loose, but not this time so into the cup holder with the rest of the unknowns. I can deal with the interior falling apart but it really bothers me when I open the hood and find bolts wedged somewhere between engine components. Sadly, when servicing the tractor or on rainy days I can't do anything else I use that time to grab a ratchet, sockets, and screwdrivers to go over the tractor and tighten things back down. Amazes me at how quiet the tractor is after I spend some time going over it by not having the vibration noises from loose components. Torque values seem to be meaningless.

Edit: just realized your referring to the H120 loader and not the tractor itself. Amazingly my loader has never had a single loose bolt/nut after checking them several times.
    Interested to know if a factory or dealer install? Mine is an FILB, and if they were any tighter, they'd break. All mine have a white mark on each. Those loose, falling out ones have that paint stick mark?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Thanks
    My TLB is the same, tight as could be made. Got to be over 400lbs on the loader mounts. My quick attach for the mowing deck lost a lot of bolts though. Nylock nuts and Loctite fix all these nuisances.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papaw1962 View Post
    Hey everyone, My 1025R is less than a year old and an awesome machine.The question I have is : Are these things like an old Harley I used to have with nuts coming loose? The pin that helps hold the parking stand on the H120 loader has a nut that keeps coming off, I found them at Tractor Supply and it is a metric 16-10 are there other bolts I need to check on regularly? Thank you for this site and all the knowledge that is available here. Thanks in advance.
    I've not had this issue. I'd replace the nut with a nylock nut if it keeps coming off.
    rtgt, mark02tj, papaw1962 and 2 others like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast