Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: nice wheelie

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-08-2017 @ 07:41 PM
    Thanks

nice wheelie

ok, I got five acres to bush hog so took the MMM off for clearance and for better maneuvering I took the loader off too. turns out the front axle weighs about 20 lbs... anyone remember the little red wagon drag van that would do a 1/4 mile wheelie at 150 mph?? I should mention the Imatch has set it back some. just be aware of your counterweights people.
    2015 JD 1025r---H120 FEL w/53" bucket and KBOGH w/clevis mounts---54D mmm auto connect---imatch quick hitch---2048 rotary cutter---EA xtreme 54" box blade---EA xtreme 72" landscape rake

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Thanks
    I can see why you are doing a wheelie if your axle only weighs 20lbs. Read up in owners manual for ballasting the machine. Under the right conditions and task, you will roll the tractor. Do a search on rollovers on GTT and you will learn very quickly about ballast. Ballast is very cheap compared to repairing equipment or your body.
    etcallhome and Robnik like this.
    2012 JD2520 R4's.
    200CX Loader, 49" bucket
    Imatch quick hitch
    King Kutter 60" tiller
    Howse 60" Box blade
    Howse 16" Single bottom plow
    Dirt Dog 5 Shank Chisel Plow (60")
    Homemade 3pt suitcase weight hitch
    Homemade 3pt 1 row disc hiller
    Homemade (6) shank toothbar
    (4) 2" Motorsports Wheel Spacers
    (7) 70lb suitcase weights
    Ken's bolt on hooks
    Titan 42" pallet forks

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by surveyor134 View Post
    ... anyone remember the little red wagon drag van that would do a 1/4 mile wheelie at 150 mph??
    LOL, remember The Little Red Wagon well. Saw it run once where they had a bunch of banners strung across the track right past the starting line and just as he came up his front caught them and then carried them streaming behind him all the way to the end.
    etcallhome, rtgt and Robnik like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    ok, I got five acres to bush hog so took the MMM off for clearance and for better maneuvering I took the loader off too. turns out the front axle weighs about 20 lbs... anyone remember the little red wagon drag van that would do a 1/4 mile wheelie at 150 mph?? I should mention the Imatch has set it back some. just be aware of your counterweights people.
    I have the same tractor and rotary mower and imatch as you. I bought a Heavy Hitch front receiver weight mount, and use 320lbs of front weights with the loader and MMM both removed. The setup feels pretty good that way.

The only problem is that with the rotary cutter set to cut at 7.5 inches or higher, the 3 point will not lift the tail wheel off the ground. That isn't related to the weights, however. Just a separate problem.
    rtgt likes this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    09-27-2019 @ 09:45 PM
    Thanks
    Popping a wheelie is actually good warning. If I don't have front weights on when I am using the rotary cutter, I don't notice...until I try to turn. That is when you notice that the front end is a bit light...when the turned wheels don't turn the tractor, but just kind of skip along the ground...

I have a fairly light rotary cutter, and no quick hitch, so four or five weights on the front is adequate. But necessary.
    rtgt likes this.
    JD 1025r; H120 loader; Howse 48" rotary cutter; Deere 647 tiller; County Line post hole digger; County Line middle buster; County Line carry-all; Ford 5' 3-point blade; Heavy Hitch receiver hitch/weight bracket; Heavy Hitch tooth bar; Titan pallet forks; Ken's bolt-on hooks.

8. Top | #6
    tj1
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:50 AM
    Thanks
    I certainly do remember the little red wagon, (VW), Danny Burmer was the owner, he lives in MIllbury Ma and a welder by trade. I used to work with Danny O'day at the drags all over the country and canada and knew Burmer well. You definitely need front ballast before you get into trouble....
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    08-28-2019 @ 10:36 AM
    Thanks
    Just for reference in case some don't know the machine referenced. Action starts at 1:20...

https://youtu.be/aiz7sfverPU
    spferdil and tj1 like this.
    Without data, you are just another man with an opinion.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1025r TLB
    - 54" MMM
    - 49" 120 FEL with Piranha tooth bar
    - 260 Backhoe with 12" and 16" Buckets
    - 5' County Line Box Blade
    - FSP700 Spreader

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    03-06-2019 @ 01:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jefftaylor View Post
    I certainly do remember the little red wagon, (VW), Danny Burmer was the owner, he lives in MIllbury Ma and a welder by trade. I used to work with Danny O'day at the drags all over the country and canada and knew Burmer well. You definitely need front ballast before you get into trouble....
    You're thinking of a different Little Red Wagon. I believe the others are referring to this one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Little_Red_Wagon
    spferdil likes this.
    2014 1025R, 60" MMM, 54" Plow blade, BB2048L Box Blade, 17P utility cart

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BBarn View Post
    Just for reference in case some don't know the machine referenced. Action starts at 1:20...

https://youtu.be/aiz7sfverPU
    Fun times. I also liked the Hurst Hemi-Under-Glass. Here's a link with both of them together, action around 1:25.

Double Wheelies
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

12. Top | #10
    tj1
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:50 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spferdil View Post
    Fun times. I also liked the Hurst Hemi-Under-Glass. Here's a link with both of them together, action around 1:25.

Double Wheelies
    There must be different vehicles for sure.. Jack and Toby Ehrmantraut both have/had wheel standers and jacks is Hemi Under Glass. Toby had a 55 Chevy. Danny Burmer had the little red wagon which he renamed the chuck wagon, which was a VW and Danny O'day has had multiple vehicles, Danny O'day has the fastest wheel stander on record to date 9 seconds at 151 MPH. And on two wheels,, crazy in my opinion! Sorry for any mix-up on my end... All the Nitro vapors from the National Events must have ruined my senses, even though these guys use alcohol. I have a lot of stories I can tell, from maple Grove to Sanair name it.. Dan asked if I wanted a jet car for me to pilot... AH, no way, can't even fit in one and I also will never drive a wheel stander, way more than just driving down a 1/4 strip! Remember Aggie Hendricks? There a tough gal... And never forget Roger Gustin and the Lava Machine! You meet so many professional people you tend to forget who you met and have known... We've met them all.. It was an awfully fun time plus a lot of work time, especially on a blazing hot engine! Never mind all the chicks that Giz would be after! he did say he was the Chick Magnet! Sorry Giz horsepower is the chick magnet! Never mind all those "wrenches" walking around that make this horsepower happen!!
    Last edited by tj1; 05-08-2017 at 01:01 PM.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast