Like Tree129Likes

Thread: 1023e FRONT WEIGHTS

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,549 Times in 1,270 Posts

1023e FRONT WEIGHTS

Does anyone know how many 42 lb suitcase weights you can hang on the front bumper of a 1023/1025?
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renwickpat View Post
    Does anyone know how many 42 lb suitcase weights you can hang on the front bumper of a 1023/1025?
    According to the operator's manual - none. You must install the optional weight bracket first. The bracket will then hold (7) weights.

Using Optional Front Weights

LVAL38297-UN-21AUG12

A - Front Weight Bracket

IMPORTANT: Avoid Damage! Do not install weights on front bumper plate, damage to can occur to the front grille. Use optional bolt-on weight bracket for front weights.

Front weight bracket (A) is an optional bolt-on to the machine frame. The bracket will hold up to seven Quick-Tatch™ weights.

Each weight is 19 kg (42 lb).

2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    According to the operator's manual - none. You must install the optional weight bracket first. The bracket will then hold (7) weights.

Using Optional Front Weights

LVAL38297-UN-21AUG12

A - Front Weight Bracket

IMPORTANT: Avoid Damage! Do not install weights on front bumper plate, damage to can occur to the front grille. Use optional bolt-on weight bracket for front weights.

Front weight bracket (A) is an optional bolt-on to the machine frame. The bracket will hold up to seven Quick-Tatch weights.

Each weight is 19 kg (42 lb).

I read that too but when I talked to the dealer he told me that the bumper was designed for weights. I told him what the book said and he kind of shrugged. I was just trying to find out if anyone has hung them without the bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    JD iMATCH
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Elk Creek Acres

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 10:29 AM
    Thanks
    For the sake of conversation. When I was looking at front ballast options after getting my rear finish mower which weights over 500lbs. When I would lift the mower with no front weight. I could literally lift the front of the tractor off the ground and tip it back till the mower touched haha!. So I absolutely needed front ballast. I looked into the front weights and bought one weight to see how it fit. You can run the weights all along the front without the bracket but its really close to the front grill.. I imagine if the weights bounced around you could do some damage. I was really torn with what to do for front weight and decided to try leaving the loader on (no bucket) and see how that was. I was thrilled to discover that it works great and counters that big heavy mower I'm now carrying around out back. Upside is that my loader arms just stay on the machine so I'm good to go for my bucket and forks any time I want them. In addition the mower is fantastic rear ballast for when I'm using the loader or forks as well. I could be wrong. But with a front weight bracket on the machine I don't think you can use your loader can you?. If not, its just another heavy thing to have to deal with before getting work done. Not to mention the cost. Don't know how much weights are were you live but up here each 42lb weight is $80+ tax. With the bracket it would have cost me about $700 to run front weights. I scoured the earth looking for used ones. But they don't exist. At least not where I am. Anyway. If you don't plan to use your loader much and depending of course on what you need the front weight for. Front weights might be what you need. But if you do need your loader lots. Using your loader without a front implement on might be the ticket like it was for me. Doing that saved me a bunch of money and I love having my loader at the ready all the time. Just some food for thought.
    Last edited by golf12; 05-15-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    BigJim55, Oscar Leroy and PJR832 like this.
    2014 1023E - R4 Tires - H120 Loader - Ballast Box - Forward lighting kit with Artillian horse blinders - 48" Ratchet Rake Snow Edge - 42" HLA Forks
    2017 Z540R - 54" High Capacity Deck - Forward Lighting & Mulch Kit - 60" Farm King Rear Snow Blower

7. The Following User Says Thank You to golf12 For This Useful Post:

Oscar Leroy (05-15-2017)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    06-02-2019 @ 11:33 AM
    Thanks
    I purchased a front weight bracket from Heavy Hitch (supporting vendor listed here on GTT). It holds up to (8) 42# or 70# weights.

https://heavyhitch.com/wordpress/wp-...-B-225x150.jpg

--- Ed ---

*2016 1025R TLB, 54" Auto Connect MMM w/ mulch kit, Imatch, Wheel Wts
    Artiliian 42" Forks
    JD 54 Plow Blade w/ Artillian Snow Plow System
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks & Clevis, 2x2 Bolt on Receiver, Diff Pedal, Seat Spring Upgrade, Oblong Ring Slings
    SD Hvy Hitch, Combo Cart, 53" Toothbar, Front Weight Hitch
    R2 Edge Tamers
    JD HP 45 Gallon 3-PT Hitch Sprayer
    BXpanded BH Thumb, Quick Connect, Ripper Blade, Trench Bucket
    Mower Deck Axle
    8 JD Suitcase Wts

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by golf12 View Post
    For the sake of conversation. When I was looking at front ballast options after getting my rear finish mower which weights over 500lbs. When I would lift the mower with no front weight. I could literally lift the front of the tractor off the ground and tip it back till the mower touched haha!. So I absolutely needed front ballast. I looked into the front weights and bought one weight to see how it fit. You can run the weights all along the front without the bracket but its really close to the front grill.. I imagine if the weights bounced around you could do some damage. I was really torn with what to do for front weight and decided to try leaving the loader on (no bucket) and see how that was. I was thrilled to discover that it works great and counters that big heavy mower I'm now carrying around out back. Upside is that my loader arms just stay on the machine so I'm good to go for my bucket and forks any time I want them. In addition the mower is fantastic rear ballast for when I'm using the loader or forks as well. I could be wrong. But with a front weight bracket on the machine I don't think you can use your loader can you?. If so, its just another heavy thing to have to deal with before getting work done. Not to mention the cost. Don't know how much weights are were you live but up here each 42lb weight is $80+ tax. With the bracket it would have cost me about $700 to run front weights. I scoured the earth looking for used ones. But they don't exist. At least not where I am. Anyway. If you don't plan to use your loader much and depending of course on what you need the front weight for. Using your loader might be the ticket like it was for me. Doing that saved me a bunch of money and I love having my loader at the ready all the time. Just some food for thought.
    I know what you mean. So I called the dealer back and asked for one of them that I know personally. You can run weights on the bumper, the manual says not too because of not so smart people that don't secure them and then come back on JD for damage. The plus with the bracket is you can run more weights than without.

Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    JD iMATCH
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Elk Creek Acres

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryLakes1025R View Post
    I purchased a front weight bracket from Heavy Hitch (supporting vendor listed here on GTT). It holds up to (8) 42# or 70# weights.

https://heavyhitch.com/wordpress/wp-...-B-225x150.jpg
    I will be purchasing this in the future once I get my quick attach front plow. Mainly because from what I've seen this is the only way to put front weights on with those support brackets

Pat
    #compactfarming
    JD iMATCH
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Elk Creek Acres

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Thanks
    The front "bumper" holds 5 weights.

The problem is, you have to mount them on the outside edges and slide them in towards the center until the last two weights go on, which stay on the edges. You can't put a weight in the middle without damaging the plastic front that protrudes there. People damage that part by trying to jam the weights in the center of the bumper/bracket.

That "bumper" was designed to hold 5 suitcase weights, but as others have said, people damaged the plastic by using it improperly (another sub-optimal design by JD at work) so instead of extending the bumper or recessing the plastic they just added words to the manual. The bean counters said that was the least expensive option. That way, people could still put weights on it and those who didn't think it through and damaged the plastic couldn't demand the dealer fix their mistake.
    2019 X758, 54" Autoconnect deck
    2018 2032R, 220R Loader, dual rear SCV, hydraulic top link, SB1164 Snow Blower, RC2072 rotary cutter, BB5048L box blade, 42" Titan forks, BB2060L back blade

Owned in the past:
    X570, X758 (2015), 1025R, X590

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mike01 For This Useful Post:

Oscar Leroy (05-15-2017)

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mike01 View Post
    The front "bumper" holds 5 weights.

The problem is, you have to mount them on the outside edges and slide them in towards the center until the last two weights go on, which stay on the edges. You can't put a weight in the middle without damaging the plastic front that protrudes there. People damage that part by trying to jam the weights in the center of the bumper/bracket.

That "bumper" was designed to hold 5 suitcase weights, but as others have said, people damaged the plastic by using it improperly (another sub-optimal design by JD at work) so instead of extending the bumper or recessing the plastic they just added words to the manual. The bean counters said that was the least expensive option. That way, people could still put weights on it and those who didn't think it through and damaged the plastic couldn't demand the dealer fix their mistake.
    Exactly what the last guy at the dealer said, almost word for word. Wait... his name is Mike too...

Levi, BigJim55 and mike01 like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    JD iMATCH
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Elk Creek Acres

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Thanks
    I made a handy video!

Yes, I am wearing a bathrobe.

Tomfive, Levi, BigJim55 and 8 others like this.
    2019 X758, 54" Autoconnect deck
    2018 2032R, 220R Loader, dual rear SCV, hydraulic top link, SB1164 Snow Blower, RC2072 rotary cutter, BB5048L box blade, 42" Titan forks, BB2060L back blade

Owned in the past:
    X570, X758 (2015), 1025R, X590

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mike01 For This Useful Post:

Oscar Leroy (05-15-2017), PJR832 (05-15-2017)

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast