Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Issue with auto connect pto coupler

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 08:07 PM
    Thanks

Issue with auto connect pto coupler

I'm having an issue with my auto connect pto coupler. I have hydraulic lift and at the lowest point at "install" the female coupler is angled up. I'm probably gonna wanna smack myself for not being able to figure it out but how does this thing adjust? There are 4 bolts on the sides and the long bolt.

What is the proper process?

Grass is getting out of control... just got time to get everything ready and hit this snag.

Thanks in advance guys.

Also it's 1026r with 54D deck

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb822 View Post
    I'm having an issue with my auto connect pto coupler. I have hydraulic lift and at the lowest point at "install" the female coupler is angled up. I'm probably gonna wanna smack myself for not being able to figure it out but how does this thing adjust? There are 4 bolts on the sides and the long bolt.

Grass is getting out of control... just got time to get everything ready and hit this snag.

Thanks in advance guys.

Unhook the pto shaft from the tractor. See if you can slide the pto shaft in and out by hand. Has the pto shaft been greased? There is a zerk on the shaft. The pto shaft needs to slide smoothly for the pto coupler to drop down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BigJim55 likes this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 06:50 PM
    Thanks
    Either your pto shaft is stuck, needs grease or your auto connect needs adjusted. The long bolt gets adjusted by the 2 -15mm nuts and hold the long one with a 17mm. Female end should be level with or slightly angled down before it mates to the gear box.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    I have greased it regularly and it does lower all the way it just is not level and is pointing up. Baffling how it got out of whack

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I have greased it regularly and it does lower all the way it just is not level and is pointing up. Baffling how it got out of whack
    Is the long bolt resting against the metal plate? That bolt is what controls the angle of the pto coupler. If the bolt becomes loose, which happens, it can get caught under the plate causing the pto coupler to be misaligned. If the bolt falls out completely, happened to me, the pto coupler will point straight down at the ground.

Can you slide the pto shaft in and out by hand? Is there any resistance when doing so? Can you feel it catching?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    Imatch Quick Hitch

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    The long bolt is not resting against the plate. It's probably an inch off it. The shaft seems to slide ok, I just greased everything again before trying putting deck on. Not the greatest pics in the world. I was trying to do all this before my wife and kids got home. Not enough time in the day lately
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1100_1495033973647.jpg   IMG_1101_1495034008081.jpg  

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 12:21 AM
    Thanks
    The Pto shaft should freely slide about 4-5 inches (going from memory). Sometimes it can get hung up on a set screw and the square part of the shaft won't extend. Every time Ive seen the auto connect pointed up it was because of the Pto shaft not moving the full distance.

Edited to add: Look at the pictures in these two posts (linked directly to the posts). You can see from the pictures in the second post the length that the PTO shaft should freely move.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...tml#post834562

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...tml#post836418
    Last edited by Traction; 05-17-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    cheesetrain and jhays like this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The long bolt is not resting against the plate. It's probably an inch off it. The shaft seems to slide ok, I just greased everything again before trying putting deck on. Not the greatest pics in the world. I was trying to do all this before my wife and kids got home. Not enough time in the day lately
    It may not be resting against the plate, but it is there and doesn't appear to be missing any parts. As GTT member Traction said above, the PTO shaft is not extending the proper length it should. I forgot about the hex screw as well. If I were you I would remove the mower deck from the tractor, then remove all of the attaching parts under the tractor and sit them on the ground. MAKE SURE TO NOT LET THE D SHAPED HOOKS TURN or you will be releveling your mower deck. Once the assembly is on the ground, pull the PTO shaft out to full length. My bet is it only extends a couple inches. The hex screw I believe prevents the PTO shaft from coming completely apart, but if not adjusted correctly can cause the PTO shaft to not slide properly no matter how much grease you have on it.

Tony
    Imatch Quick Hitch

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 09:41 PM
    Thanks

Thanks in advance guys.

I'm guessing that everything is adjusted right, but your PTO shaft is sticking. I've seen it here several times before. There's a lot of travel in that shaft.

Disconnect the shaft from the tractor, and pull the shaft all the way to the rear to free it up, then reinstall. You should be good to go. Keep all 3 fittings on that shaft well greased.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF7152.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	369785Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF7151.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	369793
    2014 1025R, H120 loader w/53" bucket and Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar, 54" Auto Connect MMM, 47" QH snow blower, Ballast box and loaded rear tires, Speeco Quick Hitch, Ken's Bolt-on Grab Hooks, King Kutter Carry All, 54" front QH blade w/Heavy Hitch skids, Titan 36" pallet forks, Land Pride GS0560 Grading Scraper, and chrome (kitchen drain pipe) exhaust tip!!

1950 Allis-Chalmers B, Electric start, PTO, Belt Pulley, Hydraulic pump. Stuck engine (a work in progress)

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:25 AM
    Thanks
    Here are the install instructions for your reference.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by martincom; 05-17-2017 at 04:48 PM.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

13. The Following User Says Thank You to martincom For This Useful Post:

HydroHarold (05-19-2017)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast