Is the bigger replacement toolbox for the 1025r?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Is the bigger replacement toolbox for the 1025r?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Thanks

Is the bigger replacement toolbox for the 1025r?

That thing is just to damn small. Think I measured it at around 14x6x6. Anyone found a good replacement to fit in the same spot and not get in the way of anything?
    I have the backhoe so I can't move it around the back. Need to try to keep in in the same spot.
    I also need to find a good spot to keep a chain

Just threw up a picture even though you prolly know where the toolbox is. Because everyone loves pictures lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2734.jpg
    rtgt, Levi, BigJim55 and 4 others like this.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isnít paying attention*

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Thanks
    How about chain in the backhoe bucket?? Has far has a larger tool box just shop around, Having the BH will hinder you somewhat. Good Luck
    rtgt, Levi, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-06-2019 @ 04:17 PM
    Thanks
    I don't know of a larger OEM box , but I know some of the other members here have thought outside the box (pun intended) and put larger ammo boxes or larger box store tool boxes for the same reason . Keep us posted on what you come with !!!!
    rtgt, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    Ron
    2016 1025R SILB (Self Installed Loader Backhoe)
    54 Autoconnect MMM
    JD Imatch
    Several homemade Mods
    Ken's bolt on grab hooks combo , Diff lock pedal , Oblong slings , Backhoe Steps
    Piranha tooth bar
    Artillian forks
    Armstong Ag 4' Box Blade
    Fimco 40 gal. 3 pt. sprayer
    Blue Hawk (?) Plug Aerator

2016 x580
    Power Flow 14 Bushel Bagger
    Brushguard
    Jeff's LED Taillights
    JD Mulch Kit
    42 Hyd. Tiller

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    08-14-2019 @ 08:46 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlegreenmachine View Post
    That thing is just to damn small. Think I measured it at around 14x6x6. Anyone found a good replacement to fit in the same spot and not get in the way of anything?
    I have the backhoe so I can't move it around the back. Need to try to keep in in the same spot.
    I also need to find a good spot to keep a chain

Just threw up a picture even though you prolly know where the toolbox is. Because everyone loves pictures lol.
    In one of my previous posts I posted the part number for the larger tool box - it comes with its own mount, fits on the rops, is backhoe compatible. Search my posts
    enjoy
    rtgt, Levi, raco232 and 2 others like this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifterbike View Post
    How about chain in the backhoe bucket?? Has far has a larger tool box just shop around, Having the BH will hinder you somewhat. Good Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by romcjr View Post
    I don't know of a larger OEM box , but I know some of the other members here have thought outside the box (pun intended) and put larger ammo boxes or larger box store tool boxes for the same reason . Keep us posted on what you come with !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jermedic View Post
    In one of my previous posts I posted the part number for the larger tool box - it comes with its own mount, fits on the rops, is backhoe compatible. Search my posts
    enjoy

Drifter- great idea for sure. For now. Thanks. Probably won't be long till I throw the box blade on

Romjr- jdRE275591. I'll also keep it updated on anything else I find. Looks like 16x8x8 or so is an ok size without getting to overly big

Jermedic- thanks. Found it. Took a minute lol. 18" x 8h x 6d. Is that correct? 18" seemed a little long for my 1025. What tractor do you have(looks like you got the 1025 also) Does it seem overly big? Does it get in the way of anything? My stock toolbox opens the opposite way. Does that not hit the rops and keep you from opening it all the way? Hard to tell from that one picture. Got any other pictures?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4884.jpg
    rtgt and Levi like this.
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isnít paying attention*

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    08-28-2019 @ 10:36 AM
    Thanks
    Chain - 50 Cal ammo cans mounted on the FEL masts (Between the engine and the FEL arms). Waterproof and you can put some big chains in there. Maybe one for chain and one for additional tools?
    Levi and jhays like this.
    Without data, you are just another man with an opinion.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1025r TLB
    - 54" MMM
    - 49" 120 FEL with Piranha tooth bar
    - 260 Backhoe with 12" and 16" Buckets
    - 5' County Line Box Blade
    - FSP700 Spreader

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BBarn View Post
    Chain - 50 Cal ammo cans mounted on the FEL masts (Between the engine and the FEL arms). Waterproof and you can put some big chains in there. Maybe one for chain and one for additional tools?
    Yes! Perfect. Was looking at that plate the other day and it didn't even dawn on me. I'll have to weld up a bracket to hold something there. That should be perfect for chains and other things. And then the toolbox won't need to be so big on the back now, but will still try and go bigger lol
    That is what you are taking about right? Is that plate for anything special or mainly just to protect the tractor front?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2769.jpg
    jhays likes this.
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    08-28-2019 @ 10:36 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlegreenmachine View Post
    Yes! Perfect. Was looking at that plate the other day and it didn't even dawn on me. I'll have to weld up a bracket to hold something there. That should be perfect for chains and other things. And then the toolbox won't need to be so big on the back now, but will still try and go bigger lol
    That is what you are taking about right? Is that plate for anything special or mainly just to protect the tractor front?
    The front is a good spot if you can engineer it to not interfere with FEL installation/removal. The spot I was thinking is on the left side of the tractor between the engine and the upright of the mast.

Drill two holes in the bottom of the box and get a 1" or 3/4" flat stock with the same holes in it and two pieces of all-thread or long enough carriage bolts to sandwich it to the mast arm. If you look there is already something mounted there in the same manner. If you were to lengthen the two pieces of all-thread you can use the existing mounts perhaps.

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	5-23-2017 01-23-49 PM.png†
Views:	145†
Size:	384.9 KB†
ID:	373561
    Last edited by BBarn; 05-23-2017 at 12:29 PM.
    Without data, you are just another man with an opinion.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1025r TLB
    - 54" MMM
    - 49" 120 FEL with Piranha tooth bar
    - 260 Backhoe with 12" and 16" Buckets
    - 5' County Line Box Blade
    - FSP700 Spreader

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BBarn View Post
    The front is a good spot if you can engineer it to not interfere with FEL installation/removal. The spot I was thinking is on the left side of the tractor between the engine and the upright of the mast.

Drill two holes in the bottom of the box and get a 1" or 3/4" flat stock with the same holes in it and two pieces of all-thread or long enough carriage bolts to sandwich it to the mast arm. If you look there is already something mounted there in the same manner. If you were to lengthen the two pieces of all-thread you can use the existing mounts perhaps.

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	5-23-2017 01-23-49 PM.png†
Views:	145†
Size:	384.9 KB†
ID:	373561
    Gotcha. I haven't took of the FEL yet so I'll have to study that soon. Only time it came off was when the dealer was showing m how it works. I feel like I remember it going straight to the ground but maybe not. I'll have to check it out and see if I can make a bracket to keep a chain box up and out of the way. And also make the box quick attach if need be.
    I don't see myself taking off the FEL much at all. Maybe the bucket.

I'll check that spot you are talking about when I get home. Hard to see in the pictures.
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    10-03-2019 @ 10:16 PM
    Thanks

Chain

You can use a 2" PVC pipe with caps on both ends not clued, with the middle of the pipe cut out to make it a u shape. This will make a cradle take off one end lay your chain in the cradle slide it in the hole in the front end loader and put the other cap on
    1025r TLB, 647 tiller, 60" bushhog zero turn, 5' box blade, post hole digger,frontier pallet forks, 5' rotary cutter

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast