So, after owning a kubota bx1500 for a few years, I upgraded to a 1025r; 54" autoconnect deck, quick-tach h120 loader and large bucket. Love the tractor but if your anyone that knows me, there's always room for improvement.
So I've done a few things:
The very first thing I did was jumped the pto reverse safety switch because it's a headache to have to hold the switch to back up. ( Don't bother lecturing about the safety concern. I'm aware.)
Then added the ROPS light guards (frickin tree limbs took two sets off my old kubota bx1500).
Next up was lighting. Everything I could replace went to led, headlights, fender lights, blinkers....
Then I added more lights on the ROPS front and rear facing with an extra switch integrated into the stock light switch on aux function. (Switch on column where electric MMM lift switch would go.)
MMM, that plastic discharge chute had to go; terrible. Fabbed a bracket, cut a mud flap and whalla: way easier to not destroy.
Welded some hooks on the front of the bucket. Didn't take a pic after they were painted sorry.
As for other implements, took an old rear mount 60" snowblower and turned it from manual chute rotation to wireless electric. Modified the narrow lift pin arrangement to accommodate quick hitch by halving the bushings and cutting some metal off the lift arms. It's been working great for the last three years!
Added park stands to the 60" rear pto sweeper (very helpful).
Modified the ballast box to accommodate some tools a chainsaw and a vise for sharpening. Forgive the orange thing.... it has been replaced ;)
Let me know what you think. Let's see your mods too! I can't be the only one braggin...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk