Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Alignment of Tractor With Auto Connect Deck

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-13-2019 @ 11:33 AM
    Thanks

Alignment of Tractor With Auto Connect Deck

Anyone have any tips on getting the tractor in line with the deck so the pins on the tractor line up with the receiver slots on the deck?

When I did my first deck removal, it was a piece of cake to reverse the process and reattach. That was because the tractor only moved back and forth with no side to side movement. I immediately remounted the deck after un-mounting it, so the tractor only moved back and forth. Lately, when driving up to the unmounted deck, I have no problem aligning the left front tire with the 1/2" rod by the drive over bracket, but that does not necessarily mean the rear of the tractor is dead on perpendicular to the deck. If the rear of the tractor is an inch or 2 too far left or right, the pins on the tractor won't be aligned with the slots in the deck, making a retry necessary which means trial and error jockeying to get the tractor into correct alignment on the subsequent attempts. Took 3 attempts last night to get a connection.
    Last edited by Clgberg; 05-23-2017 at 09:58 AM.
    Robnik and PJR832 like this.
    2013 1025R, H120 Loader with 53" bucket, 60D Deck, 60" Redline Systems Light Material Bucket, Piranha Tooth Bar, Titan Ballast Box, Ken's Bolt-on-Hooks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:16 PM
    Thanks
    Use that silver thing on the front of your hood to aim between the front bracket arms. Make sure you give yourself enough room to approach so that you straighten out relative to the deck. It helps to have a good sense of "straight" and "not straight." If it doesn't feel straight, backup and reorient. Eventually it will be second nature.

Also, make sure the tires are evenly spaced relative to the ramps, and, as you said, the guide rod.

I never think I'm aligned well enough for the PTO shaft to find that small opening in the autoconnector, but somehow it always does.
    2019 X758, 54" Autoconnect deck
    2018 2032R, 220R Loader, dual rear SCV, hydraulic top link, SB1164 Snow Blower, RC2072 rotary cutter, BB5048L box blade, 42" Titan forks, BB2060L back blade

Owned in the past:
    X570, X758 (2015), 1025R, X590

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mike01 For This Useful Post:

Clgberg (05-23-2017)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    Yes it does take some talent to get it right the first time. But still the best thing out there. I have more issue with the height at the rear engaginging the slot. Seems the carrier does not drop down low enough to cleanly engage. I have the separate hydraulic cylinder and that has it's issue of not dropping with out the weight of the deck. I will be modifying my hydraulics to duel action, (hydraulics up and down) since the cylinder needs replacement anyway.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to genesusie For This Useful Post:

Clgberg (05-23-2017)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-13-2019 @ 11:33 AM
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Thanks mike01. Sounds like an easy solution!

Quote Originally Posted by mike01 View Post
    Use that silver thing on the front of your hood to aim between the front bracket arms. Make sure you give yourself enough room to approach so that you straighten out relative to the deck. It helps to have a good sense of "straight" and "not straight." If it doesn't feel straight, backup and reorient. Eventually it will be second nature.

Also, make sure the tires are evenly spaced relative to the ramps, and, as you said, the guide rod.

I never think I'm aligned well enough for the PTO shaft to find that small opening in the autoconnector, but somehow it always does.
    Robnik, mike01 and PJR832 like this.
    2013 1025R, H120 Loader with 53" bucket, 60D Deck, 60" Redline Systems Light Material Bucket, Piranha Tooth Bar, Titan Ballast Box, Ken's Bolt-on-Hooks

9. Top | #5

Last Online
    10-03-2019 @ 06:46 AM
    Thanks

"Auto-connect" is a misnomer

It should be "auto-connect-after-climbing-down-to-make-sure-the-two-pieces-are correctly-aligned", but that wouldn't work in the advertising.

I drive the tractor over the deck when re-attaching and stop just short of attachment and then climb down to make sure that the male and female parts are aligned (there is a lot of that in life, when you think about it). There is always a little bit of play in the female end (again!) and I can make sure that the alignment is correct before getting back in the driver's seat and gunning it to finish the job (metaphors all over the place).

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:16 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drynoc View Post
    It should be "auto-connect-after-climbing-down-to-make-sure-the-two-pieces-are correctly-aligned", but that wouldn't work in the advertising.

I drive the tractor over the deck when re-attaching and stop just short of attachment and then climb down to make sure that the male and female parts are aligned (there is a lot of that in life, when you think about it). There is always a little bit of play in the female end (again!) and I can make sure that the alignment is correct before getting back in the driver's seat and gunning it to finish the job (metaphors all over the place).
    I used to do that with x758, but for some reason the 1025r has always connected for me out of like 25 times doing it now.
    BigJim55, Robnik and PJR832 like this.
    2019 X758, 54" Autoconnect deck
    2018 2032R, 220R Loader, dual rear SCV, hydraulic top link, SB1164 Snow Blower, RC2072 rotary cutter, BB5048L box blade, 42" Titan forks, BB2060L back blade

Owned in the past:
    X570, X758 (2015), 1025R, X590

11. Top | #7

Last Online
    01-26-2019 @ 12:01 AM
    Thanks
    The only time stuff hasn't lined up properly for me was most recently, when I had the clogged orifice in the hydraulic line. (side note, did you check that, genesusie?) otherwise, just get a good straight run at the deck mfwd engaged, low gear, make sure both front tires contact at the same time, and it's peachy.
    BigJim55, Robnik and PJR832 like this.

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 07:46 PM
    Thanks
    I guess I have been lucky, I haven't had a problem either way. Connect and disconnect works​ as advertised.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Thanks,

Tom

2017 John Deere 1025R, 54" Deck, 47" Snowblower, Boom Pole, King Kutter 30" Dirt Scoop, King Kutter Carry all, 4' back blade, Fimco 25 gallon 7 nozzle boom sprayer, JD 3rd SCV with hydraulic top link, Mott Flail Mower (borrowed from my brother)

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,559 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clgberg View Post
    Anyone have any tips on getting the tractor in line with the deck so the pins on the tractor line up with the receiver slots on the deck?

When I did my first deck removal, it was a piece of cake to reverse the process and reattach. That was because the tractor only moved back and forth with no side to side movement. I immediately remounted the deck after un-mounting it, so the tractor only moved back and forth. Lately, when driving up to the unmounted deck, I have no problem aligning the left front tire with the 1/2" rod by the drive over bracket, but that does not necessarily mean the rear of the tractor is dead on perpendicular to the deck. If the rear of the tractor is an inch or 2 too far left or right, the pins on the tractor won't be aligned with the slots in the deck, making a retry necessary which means trial and error jockeying to get the tractor into correct alignment on the subsequent attempts. Took 3 attempts last night to get a connection.
    Not sure how to help you "get straight" other than I think you'll get the hang of it. I can give you this tip, when disconnecting make sure you are on level ground. When you drop the deck to the ground the rear attachment latch should flip easy, if it doesn't you are not on level ground. Everything else wil come into place with practice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BigJim55, tletourneau and Robnik like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 01:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drynoc View Post

When I was a young man I used to read these stories in the back of a certain magazine. You didn't write them did you?
    2015 1025R TLB
    Kens bolt on hooks and clevis (3) and differential lock pedal
    JD phd with 6" and 9" augers
    2048 box blade
    Titan 36" forks
    Country Way 40 gallon 3 pt. Sprayer
    Piranha tooth bar
    6 acres in Central Florida

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast