Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Need advice on 1025R purchase

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 09:39 PM
    Thanks

Need advice on 1025R purchase

I just found and joined this forum and let me explain my situation and reasons I want to purchase a new 1025R TLB. We just purchased a new house on 4+ acres and will be passing papers in a couple of weeks. My wife and I are in our 60's so this will be our last house and we want to make it our best. The property is mostly wooded with enough well landscaped grassy yard to warrant at least a lawn tractor and I already have a John Deere D140 with a 48" mower deck and bagger that I purchased a couple of years ago. The house itself is located at the back of the property so there is a 650' driveway from the street to the garage.

That is the main reason I want to purchase the 1025R with a cab and 54" snow thrower so I can keep it all clear throughout our typical New England winters. I do plan on doing a bit of landscaping and some digging projects in the near future as well, that's why I want the TLB option for hauling, spreading, digging, etc. I love my D140 and know it and maintain it well, but I have no experience with anything larger and the 1025R will be all new to me. I've already contacted a local John Deere dealership and explained to him what I want (1025R TLB with snow thrower and cab) but also the addition of the 55 amp alternator (recommended with the heated cab), rear lighting kit and rear wiper, and a 12" bucket for the backhoe.

For what I intend to use it for, are there any additional options that I should consider or need? Also, the dealership quoted me a price of more than $31k for all of the above. Would I be able to haggle a better deal as I would with buying a new car or truck or are the prices at JD etched in stone? I am going to be paying cash. Would that help me get a better deal as well?

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
    Levi and PJR832 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 07:40 AM
    Thanks
    I think the cab is what has driven your price up a bit...probably by 5k or so......I'm kind of new here, and had considered the 1025R TLB. I opted for just the 1025R with FEL and 60"MMM. While I do not have woods, I do have some digging to do, but not enough to warrant the additional cost of the TLB.
    Levi and Robnik like this.
    1025R with MMM and FEL and an LX186

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 09:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    What is your driveway, gravel, asphalt, cement? If you have gravel you might need a box blade. Suit case weights for sure, at least 8. If you start getting rear attachments get the iMatch and make sure all equipment is iMatch compatible. After you think you have everything you might need you will want to visit "Heavy Hitch" and re-think it. After having the 1025r TLB for a while you might want to re-think everything again. This can delete the wallet. Forks could be in your future too. And maybe a grapple. How much of your money do you want us to spend for you?
    Cash carries as much weight as you make it. It's your money so it's your terms in as much as JD will allow.
    Last edited by Levi; 05-26-2017 at 07:04 AM.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Thanks
    In my experience, you'll want some sort of blade to go along with your blower. Having the snowblower is nice but it won't do much for you if you get 2" of slush. Deere has the 54" snowplow but if you are going with a front blower I'd suggest you find a 5' back blade and hang that off the back end of the tractor. An iMatch Quick Hitch would make that (as well as many other 3-point implements) much easier to mount.
    Levi, greenharley, Robnik and 1 others like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 11:03 AM
    Thanks
    If your driveway is gravel, I strongly suggest a box blade. While a front blade is ok, it will not so what a BB will do. I have both, I use the BB more than I do the front blade to maintain my driveway. The 12" bucket for the BH was a good choice and will give you plenty of digging power for stumps and such. Much wider and the 1025 just grunts at hard ground. While it works it just works the BH more.
    Last edited by BillieS; 05-26-2017 at 07:42 AM.
    Levi and Robnik like this.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The driveway is all paved. After much reading it appears that the Tektite cab may be a better option than the factory cab.
    Levi, Robnik and PJR832 like this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Thanks
    Hey Shortstuff! Which dealer are you working with? Padula Bros.? 146 Supply? Schmidt?
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-26-2019 @ 06:32 AM
    Thanks

Cab info

Just so you know the factory cab is listed as not compatible with the backhoe. My dealer told me it just needs to be removed to use the backhoe. Not sure what can you are looking at though.
    Levi likes this.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Hey Shortstuff! Which dealer are you working with? Padula Bros.? 146 Supply? Schmidt?
    146 Supply.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    07-16-2019 @ 11:29 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    What is your driveway, gravel, asphalt, cement? If you have gravel you might need a box blade. Suit case weights for sure, at least 8. If you start getting rear attachments get the iMatch and make sure all equipment is iMatch compatible. After you think you have everything you might need you will want to visit "Heavy Hitch" and re-think it. After having the 1025r TLB for a while you might want to re-think everything again. This can delete the wallet. Forks could be in your future too. And maybe a grapple. How much of your money do you want us to spend for you?
    Cash carries as much weight as you make it. It's your money so it's your terms in as much as JD will allow.
    Levi is correct. It all depends on what you want to do as these 1025r's can do a lot. I reviewed what I wanted to do at my property then made a list of what I would need. But, I came up short by not getting the back hoe and will be adding that to the list for a near future buy.

Rear and front ballast is important. Take your time and ask a lot of questions here. I did that and the guy's here helped me out a lot. They know their stuff.

Also look at "Tractor Time With Tim" on You Tube so you can get a really good feel for what the 1025R can do for you. Tim's videos are great and extremely helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/user/timmarks416

Good luck and let's us know how things work out. And of course ask a lot of questions.
    JD
    2016-1025R
    H120 Loader
    54"MMM W/Mulching Kit
    647 Tiller

Power Beyond Kit Dealer Installed
    Quick Hitch
    Ballast Box
    Titan 42" Forks
    Agri-Fab 175-Pound Tow Broadcast Spreader
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    More to add as needed.