Looking to upgrade, whats compatible...?
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By mn1025rfilb
  • 2 Post By cheesetrain
  • 3 Post By RetiredDoc
  • 3 Post By jgayman
  • 1 Post By johnH123
  • 2 Post By genesusie

Thread: Looking to upgrade, whats compatible...?

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Last Online
    10-12-2019 @ 11:52 AM
    Location
    US
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Looking to upgrade, whats compatible...?

    I've got a 1023E that's been a great little tractor for the last year. Got it last summer, great lawn mowing machine and over the winter an excellent snow blower too. We're moving to a different house with a larger lawn and a lot of potential for the need for a brush hog. I'm looking pretty strongly at trading in the 1023 for the 2038R. Some of the creature comforts that I regretfully skipped on if I got the 1025R I will not short myself with this time around. But anyways, I've got the 47" snowblower and would like to hold on to that if it's compatible with the 2038. I've got the 54" mower deck (pretty sure it's 54) and will probably upgrade to a larger deck anyways, but just in case I was wondering if that's compatible as well? Any insight on that? And while we're at it, what type of brush hog would I have to look at? I know just about nothing about hogs. Thanks!!!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:58 PM
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    Posts
    498
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 85 Times in 68 Posts
    From my limited understanding very little minus 3 point implements.

    Front hookup is full three point like a 3 series (59 inch blower compatible) not quick hitch.
    Decks loaders etc. are all new
    jgayman, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    2015 1025r FILB (H120 49" w/piranha bar & KBOGHs, 60" Auto-connect MMM)
    Artillian Frame, Forks, Grapple and Diverter
    BB2060 Frontier Box Blade
    PB1001 Frontier 1 Bottom Turning Plow
    54" JD Snow Blower
    647JD Tiller
    LP1160 land plane
    Tektite Backhoe cab

    Just need a Wallenstein Chipper and... I'm sure I'll think of something more

  4. Top | #3
    cheesetrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Location
    Beaver Dam, WI
    Posts
    1,908
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 173 Times in 148 Posts
    The new 2r series uses a front 3pt hitch and a 59" front blower. Quick hitch wouldn't work. Neither would the MMM.

    Now if you were to find a used, pre 2017 2032r, that would use the quick hitch and 47" blower you have.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    RetiredDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Location
    Central Savannah River Area (CSRA)
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 145 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisH97 View Post
    I've got a 1023E that's been a great little tractor for the last year. Got it last summer, great lawn mowing machine and over the winter an excellent snow blower too. We're moving to a different house with a larger lawn and a lot of potential for the need for a brush hog. I'm looking pretty strongly at trading in the 1023 for the 2038R. Some of the creature comforts that I regretfully skipped on if I got the 1025R I will not short myself with this time around. But anyways, I've got the 47" snowblower and would like to hold on to that if it's compatible with the 2038. I've got the 54" mower deck (pretty sure it's 54) and will probably upgrade to a larger deck anyways, but just in case I was wondering if that's compatible as well? Any insight on that? And while we're at it, what type of brush hog would I have to look at? I know just about nothing about hogs. Thanks!!!
    Wow! I'm envious.

    My local dealer is strongly pushing the 2038R as an upgrade from my 1025R. They sold the two they received as their allotment from Deere on the first day. Now it's order and wait.

    When I built what I wanted on the Deere web site - base 2038R tractor, FEL, canopy, no backhoe, no mower, iMatch it came to close to $34K, almost twice the price of my 1025R with FEL, and 60D MMM. I haven't pursued it any further, but just started to wonder what trade-in for the 1 series might be.
    genesusie, Levi and BigJim55 like this.

  7. Top | #5
    jgayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,033
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    My local dealer is strongly pushing the 2038R as an upgrade from my 1025R.
    I don't doubt that one bit. I imagine the conversation goes something like this... "Of course! The 2038R would be the perfect upgrade to your 1-series and will do everything you need... what was it you wanted to do with the tractor?" heh heh
    chex313, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

  8. Top | #6
    johnH123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,389
    Thanks
    463
    Thanked 328 Times in 276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesetrain View Post
    The new 2r series uses a front 3pt hitch and a 59" front blower. Quick hitch wouldn't work. Neither would the MMM.

    Now if you were to find a used, pre 2017 2032r, that would use the quick hitch and 47" blower you have.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i think you would still need a different quick hitch. The QH for the 1 series is different, IIRC, but the blower would work. Also, the old 2 series is quite a downgrade in the comfort department compared to the 1R tractors.

    Also, any 3 point implements you have will work on a new 2R.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

    Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

  9. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    951
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 62 Times in 57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    Wow! I'm envious.

    My local dealer is strongly pushing the 2038R as an upgrade from my 1025R. They sold the two they received as their allotment from Deere on the first day. Now it's order and wait.

    When I built what I wanted on the Deere web site - base 2038R tractor, FEL, canopy, no backhoe, no mower, iMatch it came to close to $34K, almost twice the price of my 1025R with FEL, and 60D MMM. I haven't pursued it any further, but just started to wonder what trade-in for the 1 series might be.
    Well, if they gave you $32K for your tractor trade in, it wouldn't be so bad............
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.

  10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •