1025r wheels--where to buy at reasonable price?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: 1025r wheels--where to buy at reasonable price?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Thanks

1025r wheels--where to buy at reasonable price?

I was thinking of getting another set of wheels to keep turf or HDAP tires on, but the dealer wants 200 each for the front and 236(ish) for the rears. That's almost 900 bucks for small steel wheels. If they came with whatever drugs whoever prices out parts at John Deere uses, they might be worth it.

Anyone know a source of a reasonably priced set? I found the rears online for 116 each, but that's still pricey (though not absurd).

I don't care if they are JD factory wheels or even whether they are yellow or not (I can always pain them).
    2019 X758, 54" Autoconnect deck
    2018 2032R, 220R Loader, dual rear SCV, hydraulic top link, SB1164 Snow Blower, RC2072 rotary cutter, BB5048L box blade, 42" Titan forks, BB2060L back blade

Owned in the past:
    X570, X758 (2015), 1025R, X590

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:34 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mike01 View Post
    I was thinking of getting another set of wheels to keep turf or HDAP tires on, but the dealer wants 200 each for the front and 236(ish) for the rears. That's almost 900 bucks for small steel wheels. If they came with whatever drugs whoever prices out parts at John Deere uses, they might be worth it.

Anyone know a source of a reasonably priced set? I found the rears online for 116 each, but that's still pricey (though not absurd).

I don't care if they are JD factory wheels or even whether they are yellow or not (I can always pain them).
    Subscribed, i too am in search of spare wheels and tires

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Marlin and mike01 like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    The Willamette Valley, Laurelwood/Gaston, Oregon
    Thanks

$900 from Deere . . .

The $116 ea online may be your best price . . . shipping extra?

The best of luck to you, someone here probably has purchased a set . . . time will tell.

Just my 2¢.

Marlin
    Marlin

JD 1026R - March/2013
    JD H120 NSL Loader, JD 647 Tiller, JD Ballast Box
    Frontier BB2048L Box Scraper
    IMatch, Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's Bolt-On Hooks & FEL Receiver Hitch
    John Deere Wheel & Suitcase Weights
    Wheel Spacers - 2" Front, 4" Rear
    Heavy Hitch Hitch’N Can
    LED Lights Front & Rear Facing
    Artillian Forks & Front Hoe
    R4 Tires Front & Rear

"Prayer can never be in excess." ~ C. H. Spurgeon

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Thanks

Damn. I didn't realize that. Glad I have a while before I need tires.

Guess I'll just treat my tractor like my printers and printer ink. I'll buy a new tractor to get the free tires.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isn’t paying attention*

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlegreenmachine View Post
    Guess I'll just treat my tractor like my printers and printer ink. I'll buy a new tractor to get the free tires.
    LOLOLOL

This, while not actually true, is true enough to be hilarious.
    2019 X758, 54" Autoconnect deck
    2018 2032R, 220R Loader, dual rear SCV, hydraulic top link, SB1164 Snow Blower, RC2072 rotary cutter, BB5048L box blade, 42" Titan forks, BB2060L back blade

Owned in the past:
    X570, X758 (2015), 1025R, X590

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Thanks
    TractorSalesAndParts.com - Hundreds of Used Tractors & Parts!

I am not sure at all if any of the old 26x12x12 rims from older GT's and or SCUTS fit the new 1 series but here is a place that is a John Deere boneyard.

My only other suggestion is to keep an eye on Ebay and Craigslist to see if something pops up that is in your price range. You can always scan Machinefinder.com and see if a dealer is looking to part ways with some rims for cheap.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    12-31-2018 @ 12:19 PM
    Thanks
    I spent a couple nights researching this very same subject wanting to improve the performance of my 1023 with turf tires on my steep mountain property by getting a second set of R1 or R4 wheels and tires. All the vendors I could find that had the correct size had the them priced almost twice as much as your generic car tire. With wheels it was coming up close to to totaling $1000. Had the same reaction and had no idea why they were so expensive.

That's one of the factors that has led me to considering upsizing tractors. I can get a 3025 with the current incentives for only a couple grand more than my 1023 not even considering spending $1000 on an extra set of wheels/tires. Factor that potential added cost in upgrading the 1023 and the gap shrinks that much more.

I'll keep an eye out here if anybody has any leads but I'm not holding my breath. I spoke to my dealer and he said he thought he actually had an extra set somebody swapped out and he was willing to sell for a couple hundred bucks. Turned out two wheels were missing. Maybe there's a chance you may be able to luck out with a similar scenario by calling around to a couple dealers in the vicinity???

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:37 AM
    Thanks

Boy $900 to me isn't a Bad Price to me. But I'll have to see what My dealer charges. Because most Farmers don't Like the owners of my dealership because there usually More expensive then Most dealerships
    PJR832 likes this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,XUV 835M
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    04-26-2019 @ 06:43 PM
    Thanks

Any of the 26-12-12 rims from older garden tractors back to the 420's will work just fine.
    mike01 and PJR832 like this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Billy Cravens For This Useful Post:

Auguste (08-29-2018)

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:55 PM
    Thanks
    curious if anyone found a decent price on wheels for a 1025r. I can get a set of tires for a reasonable price on Amazon, but the wheels seems to be a challenge. It's kinda difficult to even figure out exactly what size/bolt pattern wheel i am looking for. ;-)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast