Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: 1025R 60D striping kit

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    03-17-2018 @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks

1025R 60D striping kit

Hey all! I am new to the forum, but have been reading an gathering information from the site for several years. Recently, I made the decision to stwp up from my X475 to a new 1025r. It was a toss up between the X758, and the 1025. Well, the greater versatility vs price difference sent me home with the 1025.

Mowing my lawn is one of the primary duties of the my 1025. It does do a decent job of striping as it is, but I would really like to see the stripes more defined. I've taken a rubber flap, slightly wider than the inside width of the rear wheels, and built a top frame a bracket which can quickly be installed in the 2" hitch reciever I am using in the 3ph. It helps, but I am still looking for more.

I have read of one or two people who've had success with the John Deere BM23648 Striping Roller Kit. However, after much searching on the inter web, I have yet to find an photos, or anything more than "It works." So, after my long winded line of b.s., I will get to my question. Have any of you had success with the BM23648, or Bm22689 roller striping kit on a 60D, on a 1 Series Deere? Better yet, does anyone have any photos?

I've looked at some of the other aftermarket strippers that would mount on the rear of the tractor, or 3ph, and I'm really not a fan.

Any help would be appreciated!

Greg
    chex313, Levi, Robnik and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 1,104 Posts
    can't help ya out on ur striping kit. but welcome from south western pa.
    Levi, Bulitt, Robnik and 1 others like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-06-2019 @ 04:45 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    can't help ya out on ur striping kit. but welcome from south western pa.
    Me neither, my weeds don't stripe worth a Damn But someone will chime in with a wealth of knowledge! Welcome to GTT!
    Bob - 2011 2520

2520 Mods - http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...2520-mods.html
    Posted for general info only. Not suggesting you alter your tractor based upon my feeble minded posts. Do so at your own risk. Maintenance and mods should be performed by a JD Dealer, or refer to your owners and maintenance manuals for proper procedures.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I appreciate the greetings gentlemen!

It is looking as though I'll have to give it a try myself, and post the results. From what I can see from photos I've found of the kit itself, along with the assembly instructions, and putting my good eye on the clearances between the deck and rear tires....... it should work. I have taken the time to adjust and get my deck all setup to lift to the absolute maximum, and run my gauge wheels in the lowest possible setting to get a good 3.5" cut. The only issue I could see running into is if the yokes for the striper were set in a high position(for low cut height) and the deck was raised completely.

Oh well, I've ordered the kit from the dealer. The wife wants stripes, so the financial department approved the purchase. I will just pray I don't break her heart if it doesn't work. But if all else fails, I will just have to get creative!
    ColonyPark, Levi and Robnik like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Thanks
    on the new ride and Welcome neighbor
    Robnik likes this.
    Dave's 2012 1026R TLB,54"MMM Auto Attach,Ken's hooks&clevis,Artillian 36' Forks and a KennyPedal WH 520H 48" Snow Blade,48" Deck379 Peterbuilt (3 Million Miles in a big truck)

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 978 Posts
    Thanks GPrice and welcome to GTT. Please keep us posted on this. Are you currently using the mulch kit on your 60d?
    Robnik likes this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonyPark View Post
    Thanks GPrice and welcome to GTT. Please keep us posted on this. Are you currently using the mulch kit on your 60d?
    No, I am not running a mulching kit. My greatest fear is to sacrifice the phenomenal vacuum created by the 60d. The quality of cut that comes from this deck is awesome, given the weight and tire sizes on the tractor. The x475 I got rid of had an edge deck on it. Without a mulching kit, the vacuum was not that great, so it had a difficult time pulling the grass up to cut it after the front wheels passed over. I found myself running the power flow bagger to create good vacuum for a good quality cut at 3.5". Naturally, that robbed the yard of the clippings, and meant less free organic nutrients for the lawn. I loved the tractor, but hated the deck.

I also travel a lot for my occupation. It becomes difficult to keep up with the 1/3rd rule. If the lawn get's a little tall, I've found that a second mowing after the clippings dry cleans the yard up pretty good. When all else fails, spread the heavy spots with the leaf blower. With, or without the mulching kit, I'd end up giving a large part of the lawn a second mowing.

I have been eyeing the mulch kit, but I've just read too many mixed reviews on the end result of the cut quality.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-20-2019 @ 06:26 PM
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site GPrice! Good luck with the stripes. Curious to see pics once you try it out.
    1025r with FILB, 60MMM, BH
    Frontier BB48
    County line 5ft rake
    Ken's seat springs
    BH steps
    My design cab step
    WR Long Flat toothbar
    Titan JDQA with 6ft plow

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 978 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GPrice View Post
    No, I am not running a mulching kit. My greatest fear is to sacrifice the phenomenal vacuum created by the 60d. The quality of cut that comes from this deck is awesome, given the weight and tire sizes on the tractor. The x475 I got rid of had an edge deck on it. Without a mulching kit, the vacuum was not that great, so it had a difficult time pulling the grass up to cut it after the front wheels passed over. I found myself running the power flow bagger to create good vacuum for a good quality cut at 3.5". Naturally, that robbed the yard of the clippings, and meant less free organic nutrients for the lawn. I loved the tractor, but hated the deck.

I also travel a lot for my occupation. It becomes difficult to keep up with the 1/3rd rule. If the lawn get's a little tall, I've found that a second mowing after the clippings dry cleans the yard up pretty good. When all else fails, spread the heavy spots with the leaf blower. With, or without the mulching kit, I'd end up giving a large part of the lawn a second mowing.

I have been eyeing the mulch kit, but I've just read too many mixed reviews on the end result of the cut quality.
    I like this 60d as well, it does a nice job. I am still using the original blades after 6 years. I keep them sharpened and all still looks good. I contemplate buying new ones each spring then cheap out. I HATE clippings laying around after mowing. My 185 has a bagger, but it's not always on the machine. I have found if I raise the 60d up all the way then drop it just a touch, and mow back over any clippings, it makes them disappear. I too have eyed the mulch kit and those reviews. I mainly would like it so I can mow up against our landscaping, going in any direction.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I have to agree. The main reason I have considered the mulch kit is because of my landscaping as well. No matter how hard I try, I end up with clippings in the mulch. Most of it I can disperse with the leaf blower, but I've got to figure something out. My OCD is not content with clippings in the beds! I just don't know if I can sneak another $350 through the finance department right now. Hahaha. The overall results of the mulch kit have me uneasy about sealing the finance approval as well. I am looking to throw a set of G6 gators on and see what happens though.
    ColonyPark and ArlisConner like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast