1025r Does quick hitch touch the ground?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 1025r Does quick hitch touch the ground?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-26-2017 @ 06:54 PM
    Thanks

1025r Does quick hitch touch the ground?

On my 1025r I could of sworn my JD adj. quick hitch would go all the way to the ground when changing implements. Now I tried to take my BB2048 (boxblade) off to put the heavy hitch on and it wont go down far enough to remove it.I just had my rockshaft replaced so I'm thinking the dealer didn't do something right.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,090 Posts
    The hitch does not lower as far now as it did before the rockshaft was replaced?

Check your lower three point arms, they can be installed backward. The hole where the lift link from the rockshaft attaches is not in the center. It should be closer to the tractor for maximum lift/ lowering range.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:00 AM
    Thanks
    It's possible the lift arms are installed backwards. There are descriptions better than I can relay through type on here so you may need to do a search. Basically the hole to where the vertical lift rods mount are offset to one end. You can either have a higher lift capacity or longer swing arc by which end of the lift arms are attached to the tractor.
    etcallhome likes this.
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Joe
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:03 AM
    Thanks
    It is possible the dealer did not index you lift arms correctly. Option 1: Take it back to dealer and have them correct the problem.

Option 2: (1) take a punch and mare the rockshaft and lift arms, just make a small punch mark on the lift arm housing and one aligned on the rockshaft tooth. (This will allow you to return everything to its original location if the remaining steps fail). (2) Ensure the lift control leaver is in the down position. (3) Remove the e-clip from the rockshaft (both sides) (4) Slide the lift arms (both sides) off the rockshaft (do this without anything attached to the hitch arms, don't want to get you hurt) (5) Lower the lift arms to the desired lowest point (May have to block them in this position). Make sure they are level on both sides. (6) Take your hand and turn the rockshaft in the downward direction to ensure it is in the lowest lowered position. ** (7) Slide the lift arms back on the rockshaft, may need to lift the arms slightly to align the teeth with the slots on rockshaft, repeat for other side, re-install e-clips. (8) Start tractor and place lift control in up position , check lift height. Hope this helps! Joe
    ** You may have to back off the rate of drop valve to do this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,090 Posts
    It would be difficult to install a 1series rockshaft out of spec, the manual gives angles and measurements. One tooth off is a pretty large adjustment.

It's not impossible, but unlikely.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    It is possible the dealer did not index you lift arms correctly. Option 1: Take it back to dealer and have them correct the problem.

Option 2: (1) take a punch and mare the rockshaft and lift arms, just make a small punch mark on the lift arm housing and one aligned on the rockshaft tooth. (This will allow you to return everything to its original location if the remaining steps fail). (2) Ensure the lift control leaver is in the down position. (3) Remove the e-clip from the rockshaft (both sides) (4) Slide the lift arms (both sides) off the rockshaft (do this without anything attached to the hitch arms, don't want to get you hurt) (5) Lower the lift arms to the desired lowest point (May have to block them in this position). Make sure they are level on both sides. (6) Take your hand and turn the rockshaft in the downward direction to ensure it is in the lowest lowered position. ** (7) Slide the lift arms back on the rockshaft, may need to lift the arms slightly to align the teeth with the slots on rockshaft, repeat for other side, re-install e-clips. (8) Start tractor and place lift control in up position , check lift height. Hope this helps! Joe
    ** You may have to back off the rate of drop valve to do this.
    I was thinking this also but i wanted to recheck if the quick hitch was suppose to drop to the ground before i tore it apart. I have a shop manual to do this and the rockshaft has alignment marks on it from the factory. Also one tooth of liftarm movement on the splines is a big amount, as 56fordguy pointed out.
    Last edited by JohnDeereYooper; 01-17-2014 at 05:11 PM.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=psrumors;106594]It's possible the lift arms are installed backwards.

I can tell the position feedback rod was never disassembled from the right liftarm i.e. spring pin still has factory paint on it so this is not possible.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=56FordGuy;106593]The hitch does not lower as far now as it did before the rockshaft was replaced?

I never had to block up the boxblade to take it off before, now i have to.

Check your lower three point arms, they can be installed backward.

I left all linkage hooked up to the boxblade and brought just the tractor to the dealer so no arms were removed to where they could be put on backwards.
    Last edited by JohnDeereYooper; 01-17-2014 at 04:28 PM.

11. Top | #9
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,325 Times in 2,598 Posts
    I hate to ask this question...it seems a bit silly, but it should be asked. Is the rockshaft control lever all the way down in the slot?
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    I hate to ask this question...it seems a bit silly, but it should be asked. Is the rockshaft control lever all the way down in the slot?
    Yes it is and I even opened up the quick hitch arms when i lowered the 3 pt.

When I lowered the 3 pt. on even ground i made a paint stick mark in reference to where the lower 3 pt. arms where to the tractor. I thought maybe the rockshaft was tight and wouldn't allow the 3 pt. lift arms and quick hitch to lower out of the boxblade bushings. So i pulled the tractor up on the trailer with the boxblade hanging off the end and lowered the control lever all the way down and the 3 pt. lift arms would only go to where i put the paint stick mark. So with weight and no weight it stops at the same point.I know I should of just tied it down and brought it to the dealer.
    Last edited by JohnDeereYooper; 01-17-2014 at 07:10 PM.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast