My 1025R will delivered Sat... what should I check before the delivery man leaves?
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By buckteeth445
  • 1 Post By USAFRet
  • 1 Post By buckteeth445
  • 3 Post By Drifterbike
  • 2 Post By RetiredDoc
  • 1 Post By spferdil
  • 2 Post By CountryLakes1025R

Thread: My 1025R will delivered Sat... what should I check before the delivery man leaves?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-17-2019 @ 05:44 PM
    Thanks

Smile My 1025R will delivered Sat... what should I check before the delivery man leaves?

My first tractor a 1025R will be here Saturday. I have read on here where people recommend checking fluid levels, etc. Can anyone tell me what else I should check before the delivery person leaves to be safe? I have heard sometimes the hyd fluid level might not be full or grease fittings not greased. This is a big investment for me and I am just trying to make sure I ask the right questions. Thanks for all your help!

2017 1025R with turf tires
    H120 FEL with 53" Bucket Quick Change
    54" Autoconnect Mower, mulch kit and hyd mower lift
    54" Quick-Hitch Two Stage Snow Blower Hyd Rotator with Remote Spout Cap kit
    Ballast box with tubes
    IMatch
    Engine blanket
    LED lights
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks and rear hitch
    Country Time/Tarter 48" Tiller
    Titan carriage & 42" forks

PS Everyone knows what a 1025R looks like so my Avatar is a picture of my two girls!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    03-10-2019 @ 04:44 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFRet View Post
    My first tractor a 1025R will be here Saturday. I have read on here where people recommend checking fluid levels, etc. Can anyone tell me what else I should check before the delivery person leaves to be safe? I have heard sometimes the hyd fluid level might not be full or grease fittings not greased. This is a big investment for me and I am just trying to make sure I ask the right questions. Thanks for all your help!
    Did you not get a pre-delivery checklist?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    PJR832 likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-17-2019 @ 05:44 PM
    Thanks

No where do I get that?

Quote Originally Posted by buckteeth445 View Post
    Did you not get a pre-delivery checklist?

Is the dealer suppose to provide that or did someone on here come up with one to help us new guys out?
    PJR832 likes this.

2017 1025R with turf tires
    H120 FEL with 53" Bucket Quick Change
    54" Autoconnect Mower, mulch kit and hyd mower lift
    54" Quick-Hitch Two Stage Snow Blower Hyd Rotator with Remote Spout Cap kit
    Ballast box with tubes
    IMatch
    Engine blanket
    LED lights
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks and rear hitch
    Country Time/Tarter 48" Tiller
    Titan carriage & 42" forks

PS Everyone knows what a 1025R looks like so my Avatar is a picture of my two girls!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    03-10-2019 @ 04:44 PM
    Thanks
    Is the dealer suppose to provide that or did someone on here come up with one to help us new guys out?
    Dealer may provide one, I received one, I mainly checked fluids, tire pressure and anything obvious. The warranty should cover anything else.

My tire pressure was too high and hydraulic fluid was overfilled, which you may not be able to check while the driver is on site.

Mine was sitting in the front yard when I got home from work, the delivery drivers have a very loaded schedule from what I understand.

PJR832 likes this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:56 PM
    Thanks
    Talk with salesperson before then. My delivery person too kind mower deck off and reinstalled it twice and same for the enloader. He was here about two hours showing me how to do it. Then he had to come back because he forgot the ballast box. I was very happy with my delivery.
    Levi, PJR832 and buckteeth445 like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    I just wanted the basic controls pointed out, and then for the delivery person to leave so that I could PLAY WITH MY NEW TOY!

Realistically, most of the things that I see posted in response to similar questions, like "check the tire pressures" can wait until you and the tractor are alone and you can work in peace. Just make sure you have the tractor manual, and the manuals for the loader, mower, and anything else you bought. Even though they are on line, I like working on machinery from the paper manual rather than a computer screen.

I did get a delivery checklist with the delivery. It had been completed by the person at the dealership who prepared the tractor for delivery. That's your documentation that the dealer certifies that everything is correctly set up for you. I suppose you could have the delivery person repeat it item by item with you.
    Last edited by RetiredDoc; 06-06-2017 at 10:26 PM.
    Levi and PJR832 like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Thanks
    If you are getting an MMM and it is at all possible, I would recommend trying to actually mow some with it before accepting. Nothing on mine was set up right or adjusted right when delivered, was pretty much useless for mowing the first season.
    PJR832 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    06-02-2019 @ 11:33 AM
    Thanks
    Ensure all fluid levels are good, tire pressures, loose or missing hardware, cosmetic damage anywhere (dents, scratches, cracks, etc.). They should demonstrate the basic functions and removal / installation of any implements that you may of purchased with the tractor. And make sure you get all your paper work and manuals for everything. Congratulations and enjoy your new purchase, hope to see some pictures!
    Levi and Drifterbike like this.

--- Ed ---

*2016 1025R TLB, 54" Auto Connect MMM w/ mulch kit, Imatch, Wheel Wts
    Artiliian 42" Forks
    JD 54 Plow Blade w/ Artillian Snow Plow System
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks & Clevis, 2x2 Bolt on Receiver, Diff Pedal, Seat Spring Upgrade, Oblong Ring Slings
    SD Hvy Hitch, Combo Cart, 53" Toothbar, Front Weight Hitch
    R2 Edge Tamers
    JD HP 45 Gallon 3-PT Hitch Sprayer
    BXpanded BH Thumb, Quick Connect, Ripper Blade, Trench Bucket
    Mower Deck Axle
    8 JD Suitcase Wts

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements