Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 1025R or 3036e

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-20-2017 @ 06:35 AM
    Thanks

1025R or 3036e

Hi there,

I have a 2.5 acre block that is around 2hrs North of Sydney. It is a slightly sloping block with a small dam. Currently there is a shipping container on the block, but I am plannng to build an 8m x 14m shed/workshop/man cave. With this work I can foresee a lot of little jobs that will need to be done. I am trying to decide between the 1025R and the 3036E tractors. I looked at a 2032R but it was dearer than the 3036E down under.

My main concern is that the 1025R will struggle in the hard ground. I put in my front fence by hand, and wished I had a post hole digger. I will need to dig a 60m trench to get power to the shed from the front boundary.

The 1025R appears to be more of a Swiss Army knife whereas the 3036E appears to be more powerful but a bit less adaptable.

I have reasonable experience with tractors. I restored a Farmall B that I pulled out of a swamp, and an MD which did some tractor pulls with. Both of those machines were sold ages ago before I moved to Australia from NZ.

Please let me know your thoughts. I am watching so many green tractor YouTube videos the wife is about to have me committed lol.

Regards
    Graham

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grakat View Post
    Hi there,

I have a 2.5 acre block that is around 2hrs North of Sydney. It is a slightly sloping block with a small dam. Currently there is a shipping container on the block, but I am plannng to build an 8m x 14m shed/workshop/man cave. With this work I can foresee a lot of little jobs that will need to be done. I am trying to decide between the 1025R and the 3036E tractors. I looked at a 2032R but it was dearer than the 3036E down under.

My main concern is that the 1025R will struggle in the hard ground. I put in my front fence by hand, and wished I had a post hole digger. I will need to dig a 60m trench to get power to the shed from the front boundary.

The 1025R appears to be more of a Swiss Army knife whereas the 3036E appears to be more powerful but a bit less adaptable.

I have reasonable experience with tractors. I restored a Farmall B that I pulled out of a swamp, and an MD which did some tractor pulls with. Both of those machines were sold ages ago before I moved to Australia from NZ.

Please let me know your thoughts. I am watching so many green tractor YouTube videos the wife is about to have me committed lol.

Regards
    Graham
    I'd get the bigger one. Either way it sounds like you need both a loader and backhoe.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 Times in 638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by H-D dealer dude View Post
    I'd get the bigger one. Either way it sounds like you need both a loader and backhoe.
    I vaguely recall reading that you cannot mount, and they do not offer, a JD backhoe for a 3E-series tractor. I've looked, but I can't find that documentation and I could be mistaken. It might be different with the International market tractors though.
    PJR832 likes this.
    - Phil -
    *Spinner Free* LT160 Garden Tractor
    *Spinner Free* 3320 eHydro - 300CX Loader - 72" HLA SnowPusher 2500 - TSC Post Hole Digger - BB2172 Box Blade
    *Spinner Free* John Deere 26G Compact Excavator - 18" HD bucket - 30" ditching bucket - PA15B 12" planetary drive auger
    Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks - Artillian 42" Forks - Edge Tamers

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-20-2017 @ 06:35 AM
    Thanks
    Hi Oxpath.

You are correct, the 3E machines cannot take a JD backhoe here in Australia either. There are some third party 3PL backhoes but I don't know wether there are any limitations on the frame which may preclude their use.

Regards
    Graham.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 05:48 AM
    Thanks
    Hi Oxpath.

You are correct, the 3E machines cannot take a JD backhoe here in Australia either. There are some third party 3PL backhoes but I don't know wether there are any limitations on the frame which may preclude their use.

Regards
    Graham.
    Woods sells a very nice BH for the 3E series. Not sure if they are available in Australia or not though.

I went from a 2210 SCUT (2 generations older than the 1025r but the same size) to a 3025e and I recommend it if you have a lot of tasks involving moving dirt etc. Remember you can't mount a mid mounted mower on the 3E series but you can always buy a finish mower or rotary cutter if you need it.

The 3E can't get into super small places like the 1 series so take that into consideration, but having the extra weight of the tractor allows you to dig into the dirt a lot easier (at least for me) than a SCUT. Good luck with your purchase.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Thanks
    Hi there,

Regards
    Graham
    Bigger is always better. Except I think in your situation. If you do not want to go to the 2 series, I think the 3 will be larger than you will want. The one series is very capable of doing what you want. While smaller, and has less lifting power I would be afraid the 3 series would be larger than you dare need in size.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    12-31-2018 @ 12:19 PM
    Thanks
    I agree with some sentiments here. I bought a 1023 last year and am now shopping around for a 3E series after buying 11 acres up in the mountains of North Carolina.

When I purchased the 1023 I was in the midst of a large scale renovation and addition to our house. The 1023 we'll handled a bunch of chores associated with the project; moving building material and dirt around, demoing a lean-to, and digging up some concrete, etc. The one instance were a little bit 'more' tractor could have been used was the digging up off the concrete. I agree that if you aren't going to be doing much digging or ground work go with the 1 series. If you do have plans for a bunch of ground/digging work go with the 3E series.

Curious too if there is a 3036 available on your side of the world? Here I'm the states we have a 3025, 3032, 3038. There all the same displacement with the 3025 being tuned to meet the US emissions standards and the 3038 being turbocharged and the 3032 something in the middle.
    Last edited by tommott77; 06-12-2017 at 12:59 PM.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    08-06-2019 @ 04:45 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 69project View Post
    Woods sells a very nice BH for the 3E series. Not sure if they are available in Australia or not though.

I went from a 2210 SCUT (2 generations older than the 1025r but the same size) to a 3025e and I recommend it if you have a lot of tasks involving moving dirt etc. Remember you can't mount a mid mounted mower on the 3E series but you can always buy a finish mower or rotary cutter if you need it.

The 3E can't get into super small places like the 1 series so take that into consideration, but having the extra weight of the tractor allows you to dig into the dirt a lot easier (at least for me) than a SCUT. Good luck with your purchase.
    When I was shopping around and considering a 30xx I contacted Woods and the sales rep gave me these numbers-
    As info...the 3025e uses the same parts per Woods.

The JD 3032E is compatible with the WOODS BH75. The required mounting kit is part number 1035925. The hose kit to power the backhoe is part number 1041271. The tractor must be equipped with a WOODS or John Deere front end loader. Please contact a local WOODS Dealer for pricing and ordering. A local Dealer can be found using the Dealer locator at Woods Equipment Company.
    Bob - 2011 2520

2520 Mods - http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...2520-mods.html
    Posted for general info only. Not suggesting you alter your tractor based upon my feeble minded posts. Do so at your own risk. Maintenance and mods should be performed by a JD Dealer, or refer to your owners and maintenance manuals for proper procedures.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    Once you get the tasks you mentioned are there follow on jobs requiring the back hoe and larger bucket? My thought is rent bigger equipment to do the tasks at hand if in the future that is not required. The one series is a good "maintain everything tractor" where as the 3 series is better at bigger jobs. Just MHO and that was free so consider what you paid for it.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 07:23 AM
    Thanks
    Have you considered 3pt rear finish mower? much cheaper and you could get a larger tractor.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast