Like Tree48Likes

Thread: New 1025R Owner

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-06-2018 @ 12:32 PM
    Thanks

New 1025R Owner

Hi there,

just received my new 1025R JD on Saturday with the 60 inch quick connect mower deck. Have a front end loader coming in July.

I cut my grass last night for the first time with the new tractor and I already love it. Something that took 4-4.5 hours on my 42 inch rider took 2 hours, and still looks good. I could make my "stripping" lines and turn pretty sharp easier than my other rider.

I just wanted to get some info on what to do and what NOT to do with the mower and when and how to engage the mid PTO. A few times I forgot to pull up on the knob when going in reverse causing the pto to cut out. Just wondering what is the proper or okay way to re engage the Mid PTO?

Thanks.
    Gizmo2, pcabe5, Levi and 4 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,988 Times in 2,945 Posts
    Welcome to GTT jmads21.
    Congratulations on your new tractor and good luck with it.
    pcabe5 likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:07 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jmads21 View Post
    Hi there,

just received my new 1025R JD on Saturday with the 60 inch quick connect mower deck. Have a front end loader coming in July.

I cut my grass last night for the first time with the new tractor and I already love it. Something that took 4-4.5 hours on my 42 inch rider took 2 hours, and still looks good. I could make my "stripping" lines and turn pretty sharp easier than my other rider.

I just wanted to get some info on what to do and what NOT to do with the mower and when and how to engage the mid PTO. A few times I forgot to pull up on the knob when going in reverse causing the pto to cut out. Just wondering what is the proper or okay way to re engage the Mid PTO?

Thanks.
    Your going to love the machine. I walked the ground first so my MMM didn't hit any surprises, re: piece of metal, stone etc. after choosing the height I wanted, I set the gauges wheels up a little bit. The deck should not constantly ride the wheels. They are there to ride out contours unevenness etc. only engage the PTO when at idle, than throttle up. I do the same for disengaging PTO, I throttle down than disengage it. There is a lot of debate about the RIO, I bypassed mine. Taking the time to pull it up before going in reverse sounds great, but I use my rig a lot with out the mower and going in reverse is without thought for me. I didn't Iike the rig shutting down under PTO rpm and under load with the deck. I would forget to pull the knob prior to reverse so for me, the bypass was the way to go my second mowing season, I installed the mulch kit and love it.. Good luck!!!
    Levi likes this.
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    BXpanded-backhoe thumb, bucket teeth, backhoe dolly
    Kens hooks w/ shackles (3 on Bucket), Diff Lock Pedal, backhoe steps
    Artillian Blinders
    Bush hog SBX 480 box blade, BX 600 box Blade
    Frontier LR2060L landscape Rake w/ gauge wheels, subsoiler
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade
    Land Pride QH-15 quick hitch
    Everything Attachments 60" Pine Needle Raked
    Garber Easy Seed 60" drop spreader

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    03-06-2018 @ 12:32 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    Your going to love the machine. I walked the ground first so my MMM didn't hit any surprises, re: piece of metal, stone etc. after choosing the height I wanted, I set the gauges wheels up a little bit. The deck should not constantly ride the wheels. They are there to ride out contours unevenness etc. only engage the PTO when at idle, than throttle up. I do the same for disengaging PTO, I throttle down than disengage it. There is a lot of debate about the RIO, I bypassed mine. Taking the time to pull it up before going in reverse sounds great, but I use my rig a lot with out the mower and going in reverse is without thought for me. I didn't Iike the rig shutting down under PTO rpm and under load with the deck. I would forget to pull the knob prior to reverse so for me, the bypass was the way to go my second mowing season, I installed the mulch kit and love it.. Good luck!!!
    Thank You, I am planning on by passing the PTO switch just with the zip tie mod under the seat in time. Last night was the first test run with the machine, so I was wondering about PTO engaging RPMS. I know it disengaged when reversing on accident at full RPMS, and I did reengaged it at the same RPM, So I will NOT do that next time out. It did seem a tad rough engaging but didn't think anything of it since I am new to this.

Also the cut height I am not completely sure on yet. I started the first section I cut with it a few clicks above M, and it didn't scalp at all, it just was too short to my liking. I don't want it to burn out. So the next section I tried it on H and I was happier with the overall length it cut. And then the last section I cut which is a little thicker and rougher I cut at almost the highest notch and it seem to be fine.

So with that being said... I raise my deck up all the way with the Bigger lever, (think it is the rockslide lever?) adjust my height and then lower the deck with that same lever until the scalping wheels/ plastic wheels are close to the ground. I have them set on the third so two holes are showing per instructions from dealer. Do I do anything with the 3 pt height?

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 09:39 PM
    Thanks
    Congrats on your new tractor!

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Thanks
    Hi there,

Thanks.
    Welcome to GTT jmads21. The 1025 is great mowing machine when properly set up. Always engage and disengage the PTO at idle engine speed.
    2017 2038r, Toro Z-Master 27hp 52" deck ( the Buck and the Bull ) 220r FEL, 61" bucket, 60" Autoconnect MMM with command cut, 270b backhoe RB2060L rear blade, BB5060 box blade, Speeco quick hitch, Piranha 53" tooth bar, Land Pride rta1050 tiller, Baker 24 PTO Chipper/ Shreader, Herd fertilizer/seed spreader,16 JD 42 pound weights, Heavy Hitch front and rear weight brackets with 2" receiver, KBOH Hooks and Clevis bracket. Titan 36" forks with receiver hitch.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 09:36 AM
    Thanks
    Welcome from Illinois. We like pictures of your 1025R. I mow with mine 2 clicks down from the top.
    pcabe5 likes this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 637 Posts
    Welcome from New York!
    pcabe5 likes this.
    - Phil -
    *Spinner Free* LT160 Garden Tractor
    *Spinner Free* 3320 eHydro - 300CX Loader - 72" HLA SnowPusher 2500 - TSC Post Hole Digger - BB2172 Box Blade
    *Spinner Free* John Deere 26G Compact Excavator - 18" HD bucket - 30" ditching bucket - PA15B 12" planetary drive auger
    Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks - Artillian 42" Forks - Edge Tamers

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-06-2019 @ 04:17 PM
    Thanks
    and ....
    Ron
    2016 1025R SILB (Self Installed Loader Backhoe)
    54 Autoconnect MMM
    JD Imatch
    Several homemade Mods
    Ken's bolt on grab hooks combo , Diff lock pedal , Oblong slings , Backhoe Steps
    Piranha tooth bar
    Artillian forks
    Armstong Ag 4' Box Blade
    Fimco 40 gal. 3 pt. sprayer
    Blue Hawk (?) Plug Aerator

2016 x580
    Power Flow 14 Bushel Bagger
    Brushguard
    Jeff's LED Taillights
    JD Mulch Kit
    42 Hyd. Tiller

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Thank You, I am planning on by passing the PTO switch just with the zip tie mod under the seat in time. Last night was the first test run with the machine, so I was wondering about PTO engaging RPMS. I know it disengaged when reversing on accident at full RPMS, and I did reengaged it at the same RPM, So I will NOT do that next time out. It did seem a tad rough engaging but didn't think anything of it since I am new to this.

Also the cut height I am not completely sure on yet. I started the first section I cut with it a few clicks above M, and it didn't scalp at all, it just was too short to my liking. I don't want it to burn out. So the next section I tried it on H and I was happier with the overall length it cut. And then the last section I cut which is a little thicker and rougher I cut at almost the highest notch and it seem to be fine.

So with that being said... I raise my deck up all the way with the Bigger lever, (think it is the rockslide lever?) adjust my height and then lower the deck with that same lever until the scalping wheels/ plastic wheels are close to the ground. I have them set on the third so two holes are showing per instructions from dealer. Do I do anything with the 3 pt height?
    You almost got it. Raise the deck all the way. Set the stop knob to the height that you want to cut. Then lower the deck onto it. Setting the anti scalp wheels is best done on a flat hard level surface. After lowering the deck to the cutting height stop. Go around the deck and set all them little wheels 1/4"-1/2" above the ground. You want them all the same distance from the ground. I recommend setting them up to the lowest height you will be cutting. When you get to any rough sections just raise the deck and keep cutting. This is how I do it.
    Firemark likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast