Like Tree49Likes

Thread: 1025R indash PTO indicators...

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-04-2019 @ 05:07 PM
    Thanks

1025R indash PTO indicators...

Hello Everyone!

Just joined so am a nubie (I know how that can go - member of Turbo Diesel Register, Model Railroader, for decades). I did a search for my issue FIRST but didn't see an appropriate post- here goes...
    I seek your input cause:
    1. I've seen alot of smart people here while skulking.
    2. I can't trust the answers from my local JDD - after all they had it to address issue - returned with fuel pump unplugged
    3. John Deere will only answer tech questions through a dealer.
    4. Other dealers in my area have yet to respond with an answer.

The problem (since ownership):

ONLY the rear PTO light (light F from page 06-4 in manual) ever lights on my dash - and it does so for EVERY PTO selection (mid, both, rear). If it matters I do NOT have an implement attached at mid mount...
    PTO Indicator Light (light E in manual) NEVER lights.
    Mid PTO Indicator light (light H) Never lights - even when Mid station is selected exclusively.

Does this match other owner's experience or do I have a genuine dash issue?? Dealership passed it off as "that's how they all are..." If thats true for the rest of you guys and gals with 1025Rs I'll accept it humbly (kinda like the cute little wagon light L which is 'not used'?). BUT if this doesn't match your group experience, I'd like to get it resolved before my general warranty runs out in Dec! My girls are training on this thing!!

Thanks in advance for your kind input, I'll always try to pay it forward here!
    jphavener likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,325 Times in 2,598 Posts
    First off,

Did you purchase this new? If not, someone may have fooled the PTO selector switch to fool the tractor into thinking it's always in rear mode so the RIO won't shut the tractor/PTO off while traveling in reverse.

You probably have a stuck PTO selection switch or have a jumper installed. This is a very serious mole circuit. We can walk you through it.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the fast response Dieselshadow - and the welcome!

Yes the tractor is brand new (reportedly) as of December. Im first owner and no tinkering done (i'd own it). PTO switch was investigated by field tech, supposedly found to be ok. The RIO will shut down a backing tractor if MID or MID/REAR stations are selected - not if REAR only selected.
    Off Seat safeties seem functional (MID selected, PTO engaged --> out of seat, REAR only, PTO engaged --> out of seat, REAR selected, PTO engaged FROM GROUND - operation continues). Thats why I was suspicious of the dash itself, but not getting dealer help! Thanks for your input. All help appreciated!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,325 Times in 2,598 Posts
    Well diagnosing from the net from where I am, I'd have to agree. It seems like your ICC is bad. (ICC = Instrument and Control Cluster) This wouldn't take long for a competent JD tech to troubleshoot and diagnose.

Are you still under warranty? If so, and your dealer isn't helping, you need to get corporate involved. I hate saying that because the dealer should be supporting what they've sold, not ignoring the issue.

Have you had any good conversations with the service manager at your dealer? Do you have any other dealers within close enough accessibility to use?
    etcallhome, Ray_PA and PJR832 like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 05:37 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldoghouse View Post
    Hello Everyone!

The problem (since ownership):

ONLY the rear PTO light (light F from page 06-4 in manual) ever lights on my dash - and it does so for EVERY PTO selection (mid, both, rear). If it matters I do NOT have an implement attached at mid mount...
    PTO Indicator Light (light E in manual) NEVER lights.
    Mid PTO Indicator light (light H) Never lights - even when Mid station is selected exclusively.

Does this match other owner's experience or do I have a genuine dash issue?? Dealership passed it off as "that's how they all are..." If thats true for the rest of you guys and gals with 1025Rs I'll accept it humbly (kinda like the cute little wagon light L which is 'not used'?). BUT if this doesn't match your group experience, I'd like to get it resolved before my general warranty runs out in Dec! My girls are training on this thing!!

Thanks in advance for your kind input, I'll always try to pay it forward here!

Welcome......

You raised a good question, so I had to go out to the garage and check....

I bypassed the RIO because I have no children to worry about and I didn't want to keep using the clothes pin method. I can easily return it to stock by removing a jumper... So, your lamps issues might be different from mine.

On my 1025r, the dash only lights the "H" lamp.... regardless of which PTO is running, (rear, mid, or both). And, only the "H" lamp lights temporarily when the key is first turned on, the other PTO lamps, "E" and "F" do not...

Just so we're all on the same page. Is this your dash diagram?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LVAL38747.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	391193

Name:	Capturedash.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	391201

Did you buy the tractor new? On page 06-6 there's a test for the PTO/RIO switch you might be interested in.

Good Luck!

I see you got more info, I was busy typing so you've answered some questions already......
    Last edited by ErikR; 06-17-2017 at 06:25 PM.
    2014 1025R, H120 loader w/53" bucket and Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar, 54" Auto Connect MMM, 47" QH snow blower, Ballast box and loaded rear tires, Speeco Quick Hitch, Ken's Bolt-on Grab Hooks, King Kutter Carry All, 54" front QH blade w/Heavy Hitch skids, Titan 36" pallet forks, Land Pride GS0560 Grading Scraper, and chrome (kitchen drain pipe) exhaust tip!!

1950 Allis-Chalmers B, Electric start, PTO, Belt Pulley, Hydraulic pump. Stuck engine (a work in progress)

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:20 AM
    Thanks
    Does the dealer have any 1025r's on the lot? If so, take your key to the dealer and turn one on. Then you can compare yours to theirs.
    Doug, dieselshadow, Levi and 5 others like this.
    2012 JD2520 R4's.
    200CX Loader, 49" bucket
    Imatch quick hitch
    King Kutter 60" tiller
    Howse 60" Box blade
    Howse 16" Single bottom plow
    Dirt Dog 5 Shank Chisel Plow (60")
    Homemade 3pt suitcase weight hitch
    Homemade 3pt 1 row disc hiller
    Homemade (6) shank toothbar
    (4) 2" Motorsports Wheel Spacers
    (7) 70lb suitcase weights
    Ken's bolt on hooks
    Titan 42" pallet forks

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Hi and Thanks ErikR.

Yes my manual page matches yours. I did perform tests on 06-6 and it passed all! (especially if my 8 and 11 y.o. will be in the seat!). You mentioned that on your steed only the H or mid mount lights (for all) which is different (sorta) from mine where the F light only works (for all) -weird!!

Dieselshadow,
    I'm afraid I will have to get corporate involved before the warranty can expire - just gotta figure out how! Emailed them (supposedly) once - no reply (at all - thanks Phil Collins). As to other dealers - can reach by phone. I'm on the Southcoast of MA, so next bearest dealers are western RI or Kensington NH (Rosencrantz - know em, trust em) but transport of would be a hefty bill. Have tried to rediscuss with my local SM, see his dismissal in my initial post (and then there was the electric fuel pump harness which he denied involvement!)
    BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldoghouse View Post
    Hi and Thanks ErikR.

Yes my manual page matches yours. I did perform tests on 06-6 and it passed all! (especially if my 8 and 11 y.o. will be in the seat!). You mentioned that on your steed only the H or mid mount lights (for all) which is different (sorta) from mine where the F light only works (for all) -weird!!

Dieselshadow,
    I'm afraid I will have to get corporate involved before the warranty can expire - just gotta figure out how! Emailed them (supposedly) once - no reply (at all - thanks Phil Collins). As to other dealers - can reach by phone. I'm on the Southcoast of MA, so next bearest dealers are western RI or Kensington NH (Rosencrantz - know em, trust em) but transport of would be a hefty bill. Have tried to rediscuss with my local SM, see his dismissal in my initial post (and then there was the electric fuel pump harness which he denied involvement!)
    Did your original "dealer" open a work order about your complaint or did he just give you what I call lip service?
    If they did that would be your problem date. Even if they returned the machine no trouble found.

Lip service = when you try and have an intelligent conversation about an important topic. The other peeps mouth moves but nothing of any value comes out. "Totally lost"
    BigJim55, wentonbrown and PJR832 like this.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by raco232 View Post
    Does the dealer have any 1025r's on the lot? If so, take your key to the dealer and turn one on. Then you can compare yours to theirs.
    This is the first thing I would have tried after being told that it is normal.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 09:36 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikR View Post
    Welcome......

You raised a good question, so I had to go out to the garage and check....

I bypassed the RIO because I have no children to worry about and I didn't want to keep using the clothes pin method. I can easily return it to stock by removing a jumper... So, your lamps issues might be different from mine.

On my 1025r, the dash only lights the "H" lamp.... regardless of which PTO is running, (rear, mid, or both). And, only the "H" lamp lights temporarily when the key is first turned on, the other PTO lamps, "E" and "F" do not...

Just so we're all on the same page. Is this your dash diagram?

Name:	LVAL38747.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	391193

Name:	Capturedash.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	391201

Did you buy the tractor new? On page 06-6 there's a test for the PTO/RIO switch you might be interested in.

Good Luck!

I see you got more info, I was busy typing so you've answered some questions already......
    Erik: if you bypassed the RIO under the seat your lights will still work. If you bypassed it in the harrness in the rear right hand side only the rear PTO light shows. the reason being under the seat it thinks the forward pedal is always pressed, because you tie the switch closed so when you hit the reverse it doesn't know it.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast