• 3 Post By Jarrod32
  • 7 Post By HydroHarold

Thread: New 1025r Shifting Difficulty

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-07-2019 @ 03:00 PM
    Thanks

New 1025r Shifting Difficulty

I just purchased a new 1025r with FEL and BH. I like the tractor but one thing is worrying me a bit. Everybody knows to start the tractor you have to have the transmission in neutral. Often when I try to move the shifter out of neutral it won't go into gear. I usually push the forward petal and then it will go into gear. Is this normal? Is it normal new tractor stiffness?

By the way, I see JD is getting ready to release a new improved 260 BH. Anybody want to buy a slightly used BH?
    BigJim55 and Robnik like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,100 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Perfectly normal.
    Levi, CountryLakes1025R and Robnik like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilHartP View Post
    I just purchased a new 1025r with FEL and BH. I like the tractor but one thing is worrying me a bit. Everybody knows to start the tractor you have to have the transmission in neutral. Often when I try to move the shifter out of neutral it won't go into gear. I usually push the forward petal and then it will go into gear. Is this normal? Is it normal new tractor stiffness?
    Totally normal. It is the same with almost all of the SCUT and CUT tractors due to the straight cut gears. Unfortunately it won't really get any better with use. Touching the forward or reverse pedal is the solution.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 08:10 PM
    Thanks
    That's been aggravating me also. I almost posted the same exact question but never did. Took me a while to realize it was the pedal. It's not as bad now that I know I just have to touch the pedal only slightly.

Other thing that's bugged me is the whining noise. My tractor sounds like a truck when your power steering is low or you are turning your truck tires to its max. And the higher the rpms. The louder another/or same whining noise on the back after I took off the backhoe. I'm guessing it's just the hydro fluid shooting through the lines.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isn’t paying attention*

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Thanks
    Agreed, trans gears lining up is perfectly normal.

Concerning the newly updated BH, I really didn't see anything that was really exciting except for maybe the boom cylinder being cushioned when fully retracting the cylinder. This is one thing you have to get used to when operating the 260. After you use the BH, you get used to feathering the boom up, but until you do, you will surely slam the boom up pretty hard occasionally.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    09-07-2019 @ 03:00 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    Agreed, trans gears lining up is perfectly normal.

Concerning the newly updated BH, I really didn't see anything that was really exciting except for maybe the boom cylinder being cushioned when fully retracting the cylinder. This is one thing you have to get used to when operating the 260. After you use the BH, you get used to feathering the boom up, but until you do, you will surely slam the boom up pretty hard occasionally.
    The 260 B has a dedicated backwards facing seat. No more swiveling the tractor seat. And the pictures looked like they rerouted the hydraulic line so it's no longer resting on the left foot rest. It's still a good tractor though.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    09-27-2019 @ 09:45 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilHartP View Post
    Often when I try to move the shifter out of neutral it won't go into gear. I usually push the forward petal and then it will go into gear. Is this normal? Is it normal new tractor stiffness?
    As others have said, yes...it is normal.
    JD 1025r; H120 loader; Howse 48" rotary cutter; Deere 647 tiller; County Line post hole digger; County Line middle buster; County Line carry-all; Ford 5' 3-point blade; Heavy Hitch receiver hitch/weight bracket; Heavy Hitch tooth bar; Titan pallet forks; Ken's bolt-on hooks.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    JD simply forgot to include this handy feature in the manuals and brochures. It's called the "E-Z Tap 'n Go System". Standard on all 1 series.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements