Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Removing h120 loader

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-14-2019 @ 08:46 AM
    Thanks

Removing h120 loader

Hi all, I've read the posts for removing h120 loader to extend it all the way after latches are open until they automatically click down again so that parking stand is fully extended

Manual for h120 says to extend the cylinder and then to retract the cylinder until the latches come down - this seems to contradict the statement about fully extending

Reason I'm asking: with my single point connection I don't have enough hose to easily
    Remove the single point if I've extended enough for latches to come down. I don't think dealer put enough hose on my mod or perhaps did not measure in fully extended position. If retracting the cylinder will also make the latches come down then maybe I do have enough hose...
    Levi, BigJim55, Robnik and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 08:18 AM
    Thanks

H120 Loader

The Dealer shouldn't have anything to do with the hoses. They should come from the factory to the required length. When taking off the front loader keep extending the lift and this should eventually drop the clamps that attach to the tractor. IF not then possible something else could be wrong.

NOTE: becarefull not to over stretch the hydraulic hoses. Then you will have a real mess.
    BigJim55, Robnik and PJR832 like this.
    John Deere 2016 1025 R with R3 Turf Tires, LED Work Lights, Rear 3rd selective vavle
    60 D mower With Mulch Kit with Independent lift
    H120 Loader with AF 12 Forks
    Rear Ballast Box, Front weights 5 at 42 LBS each
    Quick I-Match with 3pt tractor receiver.
    Land Pride RB 1660 with Hydraulic angle
    Tractor Supply RT4 Tractor Line Rototiller Tarter Equipment.
    54" Quick connect Front Blade, Snow Thrower.

Replaced 128 and 149 1970's Cub Cadets.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jermedic View Post
    Hi all, I've read the posts for removing h120 loader to extend it all the way after latches are open until they automatically click down again so that parking stand is fully extended

Manual for h120 says to extend the cylinder and then to retract the cylinder until the latches come down - this seems to contradict the statement about fully extending

Reason I'm asking: with my single point connection I don't have enough hose to easily
    Remove the single point if I've extended enough for latches to come down. I don't think dealer put enough hose on my mod or perhaps did not measure in fully extended position. If retracting the cylinder will also make the latches come down then maybe I do have enough hose...
    So it sounds like you have a custom installed single point which may have been made too short.

As fort he latches, I'm not sure what you mean. This is how you remove the loader. You raise the front end off the ground with the loader, then move the latches up until they click, then use the hydraulics to raise/detach/position the loader until the parking stand is in a stable position. Don't forget the curl function when doing this. The latches then stay up until you reattach the loader, at which time you kick them down into position once everything is perfectly lined up (again, don't forget the curl function...it makes this much easier). If you do all this and your single point is still too short, go to the dealer. Though I don't know how it could be, since you had it attached at some point.

Perhaps you are not using the curl function and letting the bucket slide too far forward?

Also, how much did the dealer charge you for the single point?
    Robnik likes this.
    2019 X758, 54" Autoconnect deck
    2018 2032R, 220R Loader, dual rear SCV, hydraulic top link, SB1164 Snow Blower, RC2072 rotary cutter, BB5048L box blade, 42" Titan forks, BB2060L back blade

Owned in the past:
    X570, X758 (2015), 1025R, X590

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,101 Times in 2,264 Posts
    I never lift the loader up all the way (until the latches click shut). I admit that it is a good idea because that more or less locks the loader in the parked position. You are less likely to have problems re-installing the hydraulic lines due to pressue created by the loader settling when parked. I only lift my loader high enough to clear the mounting pins.

My loader is removed in my pavilion where it is always in the shade. I've never had problems installing the hydraulic lines.

So the dealer installed the single point and did not leave enough length in the lines so the loader can ge set all the way up into the park position.

2 choices - have the dealer correct it - or don't worry about it. Especially with the single point you should never have problems installing the hydraulics. Just lift it high enough to clear the pins and back away.
    Levi, BigJim55, Robnik and 1 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    08-14-2019 @ 08:46 AM
    Thanks
    That's right I haven't been using the curl function I suppose this would make the loader structure rock forward off the mast

The manual and many posters here say that the quick park stand is in stable position after the latches have clicked themselves back down - not sure the mechanism that makes it happen but I know as I continue to extend the cylinder they just suddenly snap down. I'm trying to make sure the latched are down when parking the loader because apparently this signals that the stand is stable - people have posted about their stands collapsing or folding up under their loaders and hen having the manually jack them up or get a few guys to do it

Previous poster yes my dealer did an aftermarket mod for me

As I recall about 700 for the part and 300-400 labor

Quote Originally Posted by mike01 View Post

So it sounds like you have a custom installed single point which may have been made too short.

As fort he latches, I'm not sure what you mean. This is how you remove the loader. You raise the front end off the ground with the loader, then move the latches up until they click, then use the hydraulics to raise/detach/position the loader until the parking stand is in a stable position. Don't forget the curl function when doing this. The latches then stay up until you reattach the loader, at which time you kick them down into position once everything is perfectly lined up (again, don't forget the curl function...it makes this much easier). If you do all this and your single point is still too short, go to the dealer. Though I don't know how it could be, since you had it attached at some point.

Perhaps you are not using the curl function and letting the bucket slide too far forward?

Also, how much did the dealer charge you for the single point?
    BigJim55 and Robnik like this.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 04:14 AM
    Thanks

1025 Single-Point

We're gonna want just about every detail you can muster on that single point! Including price, pictures, and part numbers

Awww the things dreams are made of
    Last edited by mdy1318; 06-22-2017 at 11:23 AM.
    Merrell

- JD 1025R, R4's, H120 FEL w/ Kens Bolt-on Grab Hook/Clevis combo (awesome!), 60" autoconnect MMM, 36" forks

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:24 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,277 Posts
    I never lift mine that high, when not in use it's on a concrete slab in my garage. The only time the latches ever did fall back down by themselves was the very first time I took it off, and even then it was only about a foot out of the saddles when they did come down on there own.
    Levi, BigJim55, coaltrain and 1 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:06 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mdy1318 View Post
    We're gonna want just about every detail you can muster on that single point! Including price, pictures, and part numbers

Awww the things dreams are made of
    At least a couple of GTT members have added a single point to their 1 series. Here's a couple of links.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...-1-series.html

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...installed.html

Future dreams for me.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomfive For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (06-22-2017)

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,101 Times in 2,264 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomfive View Post
    At least a couple of GTT members have added a single point to their 1 series. Here's a couple of links.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...-1-series.html

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...installed.html

Future dreams for me.
    Or buy a new 2038R as it is now a factory option.
    Kennyd, Levi, greenharley and 2 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Thanks
    That's right I haven't been using the curl function I suppose this would make the loader structure rock forward off the mast

The manual and many posters here say that the quick park stand is in stable position after the latches have clicked themselves back down - not sure the mechanism that makes it happen but I know as I continue to extend the cylinder they just suddenly snap down. I'm trying to make sure the latched are down when parking the loader because apparently this signals that the stand is stable - people have posted about their stands collapsing or folding up under their loaders and hen having the manually jack them up or get a few guys to do it

Previous poster yes my dealer did an aftermarket mod for me

As I recall about 700 for the part and 300-400 labor
    I've had mine off for weeks without it sinking at all. I think the latches falling down is the "idiot proof" stable position, but it doesn't have to go that far if you have a feel for what is stable and isn't. Half the videos on youtube (more actually) don't show them clicking back down.

Just look at the stand. It's pretty clear when it's stable.
    Levi, BigJim55, Jeff B and 2 others like this.
    2019 X758, 54" Autoconnect deck
    2018 2032R, 220R Loader, dual rear SCV, hydraulic top link, SB1164 Snow Blower, RC2072 rotary cutter, BB5048L box blade, 42" Titan forks, BB2060L back blade

Owned in the past:
    X570, X758 (2015), 1025R, X590

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast