Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 1026R - Power wiring

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-09-2018 @ 07:15 AM
    Thanks

Question 1026R - Power wiring

Hello,

In order to install a GPS Tracker (Concox GT06E), I am looking for the Power Wiring of the JD1026R.

The GPS Tracker has a Relay in order to switch off the engine. But i would like to know where to put this relay.

Thanks in advance for your Help

Regards.

Guillaume

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks
    To shut the engine off, the relay will have to open the circuit to the fuel solenoid.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    keane likes this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray_PA For This Useful Post:

gsoudee (06-23-2017)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Hi

Thanks for your answer

It is in agreement with the GT06E wiring diagram.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GT06E Wiring Diagram.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	394961

I need the wiring diagram to find the right cable.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Guillaume

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gsoudee View Post
    Hi

Thanks for your answer

It is in agreement with the GT06E wiring diagram.

Name:	GT06E Wiring Diagram.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	394961

I need the wiring diagram to find the right cable.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Guillaume
    I have the diagram but can't get to it currently. I will post later today. I know there are two wires that go to the fuel solenoid. One is the pull in coil and the other is the hold in coil. The hold in coil is the wire that you will want to install the relay in.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Tomfive and keane like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray_PA For This Useful Post:

gsoudee (06-23-2017)

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,748 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gsoudee View Post
    Hello,

In order to install a GPS Tracker (Concox GT06E), I am looking for the Power Wiring of the JD1026R.

The GPS Tracker has a Relay in order to switch off the engine. But i would like to know where to put this relay.

Thanks in advance for your Help

Regards.

Guillaume

GT06E Harness.

Name:	1-151223142220a3.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	394985

See wiring diagram below:

Remove(cut) RED wire(#522) from main tractor harness behind relay(K10). Connect GT06E harness controll wire at terminal 86 of Fuel Solenoid Relay(K10).

Name:	Technical Manual 1026R sch 1 of 8 (1).jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	394977

Fuel solenoid relay "C" (K10).
    Tomfive and keane like this.
    Michael

2019 JD Z540R 54" cutting deck w/MulchControl™
    1984 JD 750
    1971 JD 15 Chainsaw ← hasn't run since ~1975

Also have a bunch of other stuff.
    ---------------------------------------

" If there's no one around to smell me, do I really stink"? - John Wells - Brewster County, West Texas.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to flyweight For This Useful Post:

gsoudee (06-23-2017)

11. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Hi Michael,

If I understand well, I will have the following wiring :

Name:	1-151223142220a4.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	395137

Do I need to use the relay provided by Concox with the GT06E ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Guillaume

12. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flyweight View Post

GT06E Harness.

Name:	1-151223142220a3.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	394985

See wiring diagram below:

Remove(cut) RED wire(#522) from main tractor harness behind relay(K10). Connect GT06E harness controll wire at terminal 86 of Fuel Solenoid Relay(K10).

Name:	Technical Manual 1026R sch 1 of 8 (1).jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	394977

Fuel solenoid relay "C" (K10).
    Flyweight and gsoudee..... I am sorry i could not get back to this till now. Do not cut wire 522!!!!!!
    Splicing the GPS relay at wire 522 will not stop the engine. Wire 522 only controls the fuel solenoid relay. The fuel solenoid relay only activates when the engine is starting, it has nothing to do with keeping the engine running. The fuel solenoid on the 1023, 1025 and 1026 has two coils in it. The one coil is the "pull in coil" and the other is the "hold in coil". The pull in coil is powered through the fuel solenoid relay. When you turn the ignition to "start", the fuel solenoid relay activates which powers the pull in coil for the fuel solenoid. Wire 302 at the fuel solenoid has already been powered when the key was turned to run.

So, in this order, this is how this circuit works.
    1. When the key is turned to run, the red wire 302 is powered. This provides power to the hold in coil for the fuel solenoid. The fuel solenoid does not open with this coil powered.
    2. When you turn the key to start, the fuel solenoid relay is powered which closes the circuit to the pull in coil of the fuel solenoid. Now the fuel solenoid opens.
    3. When the engine starts and the key is released to the run position, the fuel solenoid relay and fuel solenoid pull in coil are no longer powered. Wire 302 remains powered which powers the hold in coil in the fuel solenoid.
    4. When the key is turned off, the power is dropped from wire 302 which allows the fuel solenoid to close.

So, the fuel solenoid relay and the pull in coil in the fuel solenoid only power up when the engine is being started. The hold in coil in the fuel solenoid is the coil that keeps the engine running.

To shut off the engine after it is running, power must be dropped to the hold in coil which means wire 302 will need to be the wire where the GT06E relay will need to be installed . Dropping the power from wire 522 will do nothing after the engine is running.

You will need to cut the red wire 302 somewhere between the 1026 Dash EEC J3(A) connector) and the fuel solenoid. The EEC side of wire 302 will connect to terminals 86 and 87a on the GT06E relay. The fuel solenoid side of wire 302 will connect to terminal 30 on the GT06E relay and terminal 85 will connect to the yellow wire of the GT06E.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails InkedGT06E Wiring Diagram_LI.jpg   1026R EEC_LI.jpg   1026R fuel solenoid spec.jpg  
    flyweight and keane like this.

13. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Thanks
    Could you also put the tracker's relay in series with the seat switch?

If I recall correctly: when the tractor is running and in gear and you "leave" the seat, the engine shuts down immediately. It also won't start unless the seat is occupied.

Keane
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keane View Post
    Could you also put the tracker's relay in series with the seat switch?

If I recall correctly: when the tractor is running and in gear and you "leave" the seat, the engine shuts down immediately. It also won't start unless the seat is occupied.

Keane
    I am not exactly sure what the purpose of the GPS tracker is on the OP's tractor. He mentioned in his OP that he wanted the GPS system to shut off the engine. I assume that means not being able to start the engine again.
    The seat switch is not a fool proof way to stop the engine. The seat switch only comes into play when the trans range is in hi or lo gear or the PTO is engaged. As you stated, if the tractor is in hi or lo range and you get off the seat, the engine will stop in about 1/2 second, and the engine will not turn over if the trans is in hi or lo gear. But, if the tractor range selector is in neutral and the PTO is not engaged, the engine will start without sitting in the seat.
    Granted, just because the engine starts doesn't mean you could move the tractor. Breaking the seat switch circuit would cause the tractor to shut off as soon as the trans was engaged in hi or lo. So, if the seat switch circuit is interrupted by the GPS system, the tractor engine would start but you could not engage the trans because the engine would shut off, making the tractor unusable.

I guess it is a matter of what the OP desires the end result to be. If the intent is to shut off the engine and not allow the engine to restart, then wire 302 to the fuel solenoid is the answer. If the desire is to allow the engine to be started but not be able to move the tractor, then the seat switch circuit could be interrupted.

1026R Operators Manual Section
    Testing the Power-Take-Off/Reverse Implement Option (PTO/RIO) Switch

Test 1

1. Sit on operator’s seat.
    2. Move the transmission range shift lever to the N (neutral) position.
    3. Engage PTO.
    4. Turn key to the START position.
    Result: Engine must not crank.

Test 2

2. Lock park brake.
    3. Start engine.
    4. Move transmission range shift lever to L (low) position.
    5. Engage PTO.
    6. Unlock park brake.
    7. Lift and hold PTO/RIO switch up past the PTO engagement position to activate the reverse implement option while depressing reverse travel pedal slightly.
    Result: Machine should begin to travel in reverse and PTO will remain engaged.

Testing the Seat Switch

2. Do not depress the hydrostatic travel pedals.
    3. Lock park brake.
    4. Start engine.
    5. Move the transmission range shift lever to the H (high) or L (low) position.
    6. Raise up slightly from operator’s seat. Do not dismount machine.
    Result: Engine shut-off solenoid must de-energize in 1/2 second, causing the engine to stop.

Testing Reverse Implement Option (RIO)

Test 1

1. Park machine safely. (See Parking Safely in the SAFETY Section.)
    2. Start engine.
    3. Set engine speed to 1500 rpm or less.
    4. Engage PTO to start attachment.
    5. Look behind machine to be sure there are no bystanders.
    6. Begin reverse travel by depressing reverse travel pedal.
    Result: Attachment should stop operation. If attachment continues to operate while machine travels in reverse, do not continue to operate attachment.

Test 2

1. Park machine safely. (See Parking Safely in the SAFETY Section.)
    2. Start engine.
    3. Set engine speed to 1500 rpm or less.
    4. Engage PTO to start attachment.
    5. Look behind machine to be sure there are no bystanders.
    6. Lift and hold PTO/RIO switch up past the PTO engagement position to activate the reverse implement option while depressing reverse travel pedal slightly.
    Result: Machine should begin to travel in reverse and attachment should remain in operation.
    keane likes this.

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:07 AM
    Thanks
    Just open up the run contacts off the ignition switch. Splice the N/C relay contacts in series with the ignition,"run" loop.
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    BXpanded-backhoe thumb, bucket teeth, backhoe dolly
    Kens hooks w/ shackles (3 on Bucket), Diff Lock Pedal, backhoe steps
    Artillian Blinders
    Bush hog SBX 480 box blade, BX 600 box Blade
    Frontier LR2060L landscape Rake w/ gauge wheels, subsoiler
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade
    Land Pride QH-15 quick hitch
    Everything Attachments 60" Pine Needle Raked
    Garber Easy Seed 60" drop spreader

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements