• 5 Post By Kennyd
  • 1 Post By HydroHarold

Thread: 2016 developed floppy bucket

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Thanks

2016 developed floppy bucket

My 2016 rig should have the updated SCV that alleviated the,"FBS". Recently it's developed floppy bucket. If I raise bucket and curl it up and down, it goes away. Is this normal or anything I should have addressed? Hoping its rig growing pains. I'm getting tired of going back to the dealer for a lot of constant minor stuff with a multi week turn around time. Would appreciate any advice. Again, while operating, if I curl it back and forth it I'm good.
    rtgt and bama1025r like this.
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    BXpanded-backhoe thumb, bucket teeth, backhoe dolly
    Kens hooks w/ shackles (3 on Bucket), Diff Lock Pedal, backhoe steps
    Artillian Blinders
    Bush hog SBX 480 box blade, BX 600 box Blade
    Frontier LR2060L landscape Rake w/ gauge wheels, subsoiler
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade
    Land Pride QH-15 quick hitch
    Everything Attachments 60" Pine Needle Raked
    Garber Easy Seed 60" drop spreader

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    My 2016 rig should have the updated SCV that alleviated the,"FBS". Recently it's developed floppy bucket. If I raise bucket and curl it up and down, it goes away. Is this normal or anything I should have addressed? Hoping its rig growing pains. I'm getting tired of going back to the dealer for a lot of constant minor stuff with a multi week turn around time. Would appreciate any advice. Again, while operating, if I curl it back and forth it I'm good.
    It sounds like you've developed a problem. Your loader operation should be consistent and predictable. That being said you should check your hydraulic fluid level and the loader SCV quick disconnects. It's possible that you have restricted fluid flow at one of the connectors. Disconnect, clean and reconnect all four hydraulic connections and check loader operation once again.
    HydroHarold, rtgt and Levi like this.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Believe me, you don't want an actual FBS loader, it's really scary when hoisting a mower deck, etc. and suddenly it gets the dropsky-bang! I thought all the newer machines had the updated SCV also, hope it's just a misconnected QC and not the valve...
    rtgt likes this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    My 2016 rig should have the updated SCV that alleviated the,"FBS". Recently it's developed floppy bucket. If I raise bucket and curl it up and down, it goes away. Is this normal or anything I should have addressed?
    "Floppy" bucket or "Droopy" bucket? Droopy bucket syndrome is the bad one, which the new SCV addressed - that is when you try to gently curl up a loaded bucket and it drops instead. That's dangerous. Floppy bucket occurs when dumping a heavy load out of the bucket and the bucket, when lowered to the ground, tends to flop upwards (no down pressure) until the cylinders can re-fill with oil.

Mine will do the floppy bucket thing when dumping a very heavy load if I don't move the SCV lever all the way to the right.
    HydroHarold, rtgt and FredHickory like this.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    All the way to the right puts the system in "regeneration" for a fast dump. It also does do some funny stuff sometimes. Doing cordwood I begin the dump in regen and take it out as the load begins to drop out of the bucket. Seems to work OK and acts normally.

Controlling heavy hoisting: STAY OUT OF REGEN AT ALL COSTS AS YOU COULD DO DAMAGE TO LOAD OR LOADER!

It's right there in the FEL manual.
    rtgt and BigJim55 like this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

NRA Life Member

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroHarold View Post
    Controlling heavy hoisting: STAY OUT OF REGEN AT ALL COSTS AS YOU COULD DO DAMAGE TO LOAD OR LOADER!

It's right there in the FEL manual.
    Where? I can't find any section on "Heavy hoisting" in the H120 manual, nor any mention of "regen", they call it "fast dump".
    rtgt and BigJim55 like this.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by W9GFO View Post
    Where? I can't find any section on "Heavy hoisting" in the H120 manual, nor any mention of "regen", they call it "fast dump".
    Just read through my "on computer" H120 manual, and 1026r manual and you're right, only "fast dump" on the bucket and "float" on the boom control. Maybe I got the 2 cornfused BUT... I'd still stay away from "fast dump/regeneration" with a weight similar to my 54D mower deck or above if the load is bendable or breakable. Or.... try it out and give me a heads-up. I'm always willing to learn by other's repairs.

Wasn't there a sticky or a running post about "Regen and what it does" a while back...?
    BigJim55 likes this.

NRA Life Member

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HydroHarold For This Useful Post:

Drifterbike (06-28-2017)

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    ... Or.... try it out and give me a heads-up. I'm always willing to learn by other's repairs.
    According to my memory, using "fast dump" when dumping a full load of material is slower/gentler than not using it.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:02 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,081 Times in 2,547 Posts

Wasn't there a sticky or a running post about "Regen and what it does" a while back...?
    Quote Originally Posted by W9GFO View Post
    According to my memory, using "fast dump" when dumping a full load of material is slower/gentler than not using it.
    Here: http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...-here-%3B.html
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

HydroHarold (06-28-2017)

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for that Kenny!

I still won't use it lowering hoisted equipment. I prefer to feather the control manually for smooth drop... It's great for aggregate, cordwood, etc., though.
    Last edited by HydroHarold; 06-28-2017 at 11:27 PM.
    BigJim55 likes this.

NRA Life Member

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements