• 2 Post By Herminator
  • 3 Post By Vinson Scott
  • 1 Post By MrCleanGreen

Thread: How to put mid mount pto driveshaft hit in neutral for greasing 1025r

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:26 AM
    Thanks

Question How to put mid mount pto driveshaft hit in neutral for greasing 1025r

It would be nice to manually turn the mower deck drive shaft to align the grease zerk for greasing. Does anyone know if the mid mount drive shaft can be put into neutral? And how to do so

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,613 Posts
    According to the manual, put the mid mount pto lever to the rear PTO when installing your mower ..

Will allow the mid power driveshaft to turn so you can then grease .
    Last edited by etcallhome; 06-25-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to etcallhome For This Useful Post:

MrCleanGreen (06-27-2017)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Put it in the rear PTO position as was said. That will free the MMM shaft so you can move it by hand.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Levi For This Useful Post:

MrCleanGreen (06-27-2017)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Yes, even I can turn it by hand, it just freewheels. Having the lever in "REAR" position hooking up the deck was one of the things I needed to get the deck on more easily with less sliding. Something I missed in the manual in the beginning.

Now, if we could just get that rear engine to transmission shaft into "neutral" we'll have something and I could save some time aligning that damn front grease fitting with that leeeetle teeeeeny hole in the frame!
    etcallhome, Levi, romcjr and 1 others like this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroHarold View Post
    Yes, even I can turn it by hand, it just freewheels. Having the lever in "REAR" position hooking up the deck was one of the things I needed to get the deck on more easily with less sliding. Something I missed in the manual in the beginning.

Now, if we could just get that rear engine to transmission shaft into "neutral" we'll have something and I could save some time aligning that damn front grease fitting with that leeeetle teeeeeny hole in the frame!

My bobcat has three u joints between the engine and the pump's. It always amazes me when I go to Grease them that they are always positioned correctly. There is only one place to reach back there and it is blind but it seems the motor always stops in the same place?
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Herminator365 View Post
    My bobcat has three u joints between the engine and the pump's. It always amazes me when I go to Grease them that they are always positioned correctly. There is only one place to reach back there and it is blind but it seems the motor always stops in the same place?
    Man, you got some dynamite karma!!!
    etcallhome, Levi and Jeff B like this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Thanks
    Man, you got some dynamite karma!!!
    Perhaps, however this is the only thing in my life that this karma seems to work for.
    HydroHarold and Levi like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-09-2019 @ 09:43 AM
    Thanks
    When I grease the shaft that has the little hole, I turn the flywheel and line it up. Both fittings on the shaft are in the same position.
    I read this quick, easy method on this site.
    Thank you by the way.
    HydroHarold, Levi and Firemark like this.

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:34 AM
    Thanks

Well since it's bolted to the engine..."neutral" isn't an option unless you take out the glow plugs or unbolt it from the flywheel.

A pry bar, VERY carefully in the rear ujoint, the slowly turn the shaft works to align that pesky grease fitting.

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:26 AM
    Thanks

Thanks, this makes sense. Should have thought of it

Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    According to the manual, put the mid mount pto lever to the rear PTO when installing your mower ..

Will allow the mid power driveshaft to turn so you can then grease .

Thanks
    Levi likes this.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements