1026R Seat Upgrade - Now what do I do ??
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 1026R Seat Upgrade - Now what do I do ??

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-30-2019 @ 10:15 AM
    Thanks

1026R Seat Upgrade - Now what do I do ??

Ohhh my achin' back... My back is killing me from mowing with my 1026R so... I went to upgrade my seat per several earlier threads. They indicate that an upgraded seat is a bolt on replacement using the Deluxe High Back Seat, BM21490 with the bracket, BM21332. When I tried to place an order I found out that John Deere has obsoleted the deluxe seat and it is not available anywhere I can find. They replaced it with a new Air Ride Seat BM24379 which I am guessing is likely NOT compatible with the 1026R. I assume it needs certain electrical connections? And I don't know if it would bolt on as the Deluxe Seat did since they are both designed for the X700 series and not the Series 1.

Any knowledge out there about fitting the new Air Ride seat to the 1026 or where I might be able to find the obsoleted Deluxe Seat would be appreciated?
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks
    Check the JD LGT section of the MyTractorForum.com site. There was a member who installed one of the new air ride seats on his JD garden tractor not to long ago. I believe he did a write up on it or if he didn't, you could probably PM him for the details and or copy of the installation manual.

Otherwise, you can check seatwarehouse.com and see what they have.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Thanks
    A bumpy ride means a bumpy lawn. The problem isn't your seat, you simply need more attachments for your tractor to make your property nice and smooth. Just call your dealer and order a box blade, maybe a lawn rake and anything else he's willing to sell you.

W9GFO, joshn3448, Firemark and 4 others like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,100 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Another option is to adjust your rear tire pressure. Deere machines are known to come from the factory/dealer over inflated. Dropping the pressure to the low value stated in the manual will make a big difference.
    joshn3448, Traderdell and PJR832 like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    I will look at lowering the pressure in the rear tires. That is a sound suggestion...

As to the suggestion of buying lots more implements to smooth the lawn, I must admit I got a chuckle out of it, but am not going to suggest that to the missus anytime soon.... (Already have FEL, 60" mid mower, 54" snowblower and post hole digger for a total investment nearing $25 grand.)

I will also check the tractor forum mentioned. I am curious as to the electrical hookups needed.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    I have a thought that might work for de-bumping your bad spots. You already have the FEL which I've found is a great lawn re-doer. I have the Piranha tooth bar cutting edge to drag back and loosen the old sod, then some passes in different directions backward to carve down the humps. Finish with the "float-drag back-roll off" to fill in the low spots. Take the Piranha off for final seed bed using flat-ish back drag in FLOAT. You'll gain a bunch of handy FEL technique as well.
    Tooth bar isn't a high $ "capitol purchase" so you can bypass the CFO and get that handy tool VIA UPS.
    FredHickory and Jep like this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HydroHarold For This Useful Post:

indyjb (07-13-2017)

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    de-bumping bad spots is something I try and do but the magnitude of the lawn I mow (and why I mow this much is a mystery even to me, I only mow about 2/3 of what the previous owner mowed) makes this a monumental effort. I have included a picture from each of the four sides of my house to illustrate. I will look into the Piranha tooth as I have found it pretty hard to desod with just the edge of the FEL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lawn3.jpg   lawn4.jpg   lawn2.jpg   lawn1.jpg  

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:35 PM
    Thanks

Inexpensive seat mod

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	409778
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    BXpanded-backhoe thumb, bucket teeth, backhoe dolly
    Kens hooks w/ shackles (3 on Bucket), Diff Lock Pedal, backhoe steps
    Artillian Blinders
    Bush hog SBX 480 box blade, BX 600 box Blade
    Frontier LR2060L landscape Rake w/ gauge wheels, subsoiler
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade
    Land Pride QH-15 quick hitch
    Everything Attachments 60" Pine Needle Raked
    Garber Easy Seed 60" drop spreader

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Firemark For This Useful Post:

indyjb (07-13-2017)

13. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Thanks
    Is the seat bottoming out when you hit the rough spots? If so, there are heavier springs available as well as mods done using pool noodles/foam pipe insulation under the seat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Jim

1025R...H120 loader w/53" bucket, Piranha tooth bar and Ken's BOH, psrumors seat springs, Frontier AP12F w/42" forks, 60D mower w/autoconnect, Frontier 647 tiller, Frontier SB1164 w/hyd. chute rotation and deflector linear actuator, Frontier ballast box, 72" County Line landscape rake, Fimco 40 gal 3 pt hitch sprayer, Paumco fork spade.

Toro Z Master, 60" deck and DFS collection system

orange dirt bikes, Yamaha Stratoliner and '68 Dart GTS...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to OldmanX For This Useful Post:

indyjb (07-13-2017)

15. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OldmanX View Post
    Is the seat bottoming out when you hit the rough spots? If so, there are heavier springs available as well as mods done using pool noodles/foam pipe insulation under the seat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The seat does bottom out. Actually, just last night I installed "Ken's hooks" springs on the seat. I will see what difference that makes. I haven't seen the pool noodles mod but I will definitely do a search for that.
    I had seen the big rubber dog toy (XXL Kong) mod and bought that but unfortunately that appears to be for a different seat as it did not fit under mine...
    OldmanX likes this.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast