What annoys you about your 1025R?
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 179
Like Tree484Likes

Thread: What annoys you about your 1025R?

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    11-08-2018 @ 09:52 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    What annoys you about your 1025R?

    There is a similar thread on the Subaru forums that I belong to. I'm going to start this thread to see what people have experienced with their 1025R.

    First of all, John Deere ran ads inviting people to "Test drive a John Deere today". The "test drive" was a joke. The dealer let me drive it around the parking lot. My neighbor demo'd multiple brands of zero turn mowers. The dealers delivered the mowers to his home and he used them to cut his grass before deciding which one to purchase. Maybe that's just whining on my part but I threw it out there for you. I did a lot of research before deciding to purchase the 1025R rather than the Kubota BX. The lack of a proper test drive didn't affect my decision.

    I had to send my 1025R back the day they delivered it. While mowing, the pto would shut off. This happened multiple times (over 20). The display would show error code "roi". The error code is in reference to the Reverse operation interlock. No, my foot was not on the "Reverse" travel pedal. I was traveling forward each time. The dealer first claimed that the tractor was working as designed and tried to claim operator error. After a few choice words, the dealer adjusted the interlock switch and I have not had that issue since.

    One of the reasons I chose the JD over the Kubota was the AutoConnect mower deck. It is easy to remove and reinstall for the first 10 hours or so. After that, not so much. When I drive the tractor off of the deck the extension spring pulls the Bracket and Rod (front draft arms) out of the notches on the deck and it flops onto the floor. I replaced the U-bolts that are supposed to keep the bracket in place. I pried the U-bolts as tight as possible against the bracket while tightening the nuts. No luck. I will be making modifications to the U-bolts to extend them over the bracket so that it stays in place. I was at the JD dealer the other day, looks like JD redesigned the notches on the new decks.

    Other than those two issues, there has been nothing major. It runs good, gives a nice clean cut and is reliable.

    An ADJUSTABLE suspension seat would be nice. Better yet, how about an air ride seat? At 6'2" and 230 pounds, the suspension seat does bottom out when I hit divits in the lawn.

    The final thing that annoys me about my 1025R is the stupid $h!!t that breaks.
    One of the hinges on the grass deflector chute broke. JD tech said he never saw one of those break before. Easy to fix, but that stupid little piece of bent metal strap was $27.
    Last week the "port plate" broke. That is the port on the mower deck that you connect your garden hose to to clean the underside of the deck. It broke off by the bolt that holds it to the deck. Again an easy fix, and it was only a few dollars.
    The next time I cut the grass the top link support that holds the top link up and out of the way when not being used.......you guessed it, broke. I'm heading to the dealer today to get/order that part.

    Like I said, mainly stupid $h!t that is breaking, but annoying nonetheless.
    If the deflector chute hinges continue to break, I will fabricate my own replacements. IMHO I should not have to making modifications or fabricating replacement parts for my 1025R.

    Feel free to comment. Maybe my "test drive" was just a crappy dealer. Maybe, like the tech said, I'm the only one to ever have a deflector chute hinge break.
    I'm done venting, time for a break
    TJR345 likes this.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,398
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked 357 Times in 288 Posts
    -The press the reverse pedal to shift from neutral to high or low
    -the constant whining that gets louder the higher with higher rpms. Sounds like I'm turning to hard with a vehicle with power stearing(maybe it's not Normal? Lol. Think I read it was. That's why I didn't Persue it. I Noticed it more with the backhoe off and towards the back. Maybe just the hydro fluid moving through the lines?

    Annoyed my cruise control just popped off cuz I thought I was pulling the E- brake and now I'm to lazy to fix it because I'll never use cruise control.
    It does have me worried about the e-brake though. It looks to be installed the same way and the e-brake is pretty hard to pull up. Scared it's gonna break asap
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB


    BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isn’t paying attention*

  4. Top | #3
    xcopterdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:53 AM
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    1,674
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 892 Times in 335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlegreenmachine View Post
    -The press the reverse pedal to shift from neutral to high or low
    -the constant whining that gets louder the higher with higher rpms. Sounds like I'm turning to hard with a vehicle with power stearing(maybe it's not Normal? Lol. Think I read it was. That's why I didn't Persue it. I Noticed it more with the backhoe off and towards the back. Maybe just the hydro fluid moving through the lines?

    Annoyed my cruise control just popped off cuz I thought I was pulling the E- brake and now I'm to lazy to fix it because I'll never use cruise control.
    It does have me worried about the e-brake though. It looks to be installed the same way and the e-brake is pretty hard to pull up. Scared it's gonna break asap
    The whining you are hearing could be a hitch feedback linkage issue. If not adjusted correctly the hitch will dead head and the spool on the control valve wil not go to neutral. This heats up the hydraulic fluid pretty quick.

    Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Levi, budman and PJR832 like this.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,398
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked 357 Times in 288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post
    The whining you are hearing could be a hitch feedback linkage issue. If not adjusted correctly the hitch will dead head and the spool on the control valve wil not go to neutral. This heats up the hydraulic fluid pretty quick.

    Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Gotcha.forgot to mention its two different whining noises. 1 Maybe more upfront around the engine. And I hear it more when the rpms are lower. (Think I didn't let it bother me because I believe I heard it in videoes)
    Then there's the whining off to the back. It's not super loud. I only truly notice it when I'm around 25-3500 rpms

    I'll search it out tonight or make another post so the OP don't say

    You know What really annoys me about my 1025? When after I join a forum and start a thread A-holes jack it!
    Levi likes this.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB


    BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isn’t paying attention*

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlegreenmachine For This Useful Post:

    1023user (01-15-2018)

  8. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 04:24 AM
    Location
    Sadieville, KY
    Posts
    520
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 72 Times in 54 Posts
    Nothing....except I have to leave it outside. Pretty much the best thing I have ever owned. No real problems or complaints.
    ColonyPark, Tomfive, Levi and 3 others like this.
    1025R w/rear light kit, 49" H120 FEL, 12" 260 BH, 60D MMM, 2048 Rotary Cutter, BB5048L Box Blade, 50# wheel weights, 4x42#suitcase weights, 5' TSC Landscape rack, TSC modified Carry-All, 42" Titan Pallet Forks, Heavy Hitch Toothbar

    D130 JD Lawn Tractor, Polaris Ranger 400, 18' Gator Made Lowboy Trailer,

  9. Top | #6
    chex313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Location
    SE. PA.
    Posts
    896
    Thanks
    146
    Thanked 95 Times in 82 Posts
    It is no fault of my 1026r...but I wish the loader lifted 2K Lbs.

    Oh and the ROP's was 1 or 2" shorter....
    Last edited by chex313; 06-29-2017 at 03:08 PM.
    Dave's 2012 1026R TLB,54"MMM Auto Attach,Ken's hooks&clevis,Artillian 36' Forks and a KennyPedal WH 520H 48" Snow Blade,48" Deck379 Peterbuilt (3 Million Miles in a big truck)

  10. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 02:19 PM
    Location
    Victoria Australia
    Posts
    305
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 65 Times in 44 Posts
    Hi All
    The only major problems I have had were with the seat assembly. The original base frame broke and was replaced under warranty with the later model better designed one which when it arrived was not fitted with the travel limiters for the seat belt bracket so had to get a second seat base. Then of course there was the well known rotation linkage which broke 3 times, the last time I repaired it myself no trouble since.
    The only other problem that was Quickly fixed was when the dash panel face delaminated jamming the tachometer needle, the whole panel was replaced at 60 hrs.
    "O" almost forgot the fuse blowing incident which I never got to the bottom off, I was fault finding it and all of a sudden it disappeared and has not reared its ugly head since
    When I was looking at a SCUT the only real contenders were the John Deere and the Kabota BX when it came down to it there was only one choice the John Deere 1025R and I love it.
    Regards John
    Levi and PJR832 like this.

  11. Top | #8
    joshn3448's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 05:06 PM
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    466
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 58 Times in 42 Posts
    I love my tractor and I bought it knowing a couple of these things, but these still annoy me...

    1. Rops height
    2. Small back wheels
    3. Stepping on the reverse pedal to get the shifter into low or high sometimes
    4. The rough starting
    5. Cycling the glow plug numerous times
    6. I wish the loader lifted higher and had more capacity at times (I know, I know a bigger tractor will fix this)
    7. Not a big fan of the cut quality from the 54" deck with or without the mulching kit!
    8. The exhaust dumping right on the stand for the loader

    I bought another 318 garden tractor to take care of the cut quality issues.
    All in all I am very happy with my 1025r. These things wouldn't stop me from buying it again or recommending to someone either.
    2016 1025r TLB, H120 loader with 53" bucket, Piranha tooth bar, Ken's hooks, 54" mechanical lift deck/auto connect & mulching kit, 260 backhoe with 12" bucket, Titan pallet forks, County line post hole auger
    1987 318, 50" deck

    Reluctant member of hitting the Rops on the garage door TWICE
    (Gone but not forgotten) 1947 John Deere D, 1984 318, 1985 430
    Stihl MS290 20" bar
    Stihl FS110 Trimmer
    Stihl BR350 Backpack blower

    99 Honda Foreman S

  12. Top | #9
    joshn3448's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 05:06 PM
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    466
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 58 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boblamp2841 View Post
    There is a similar thread on the Subaru forums that I belong to. I'm going to start this thread to see what people have experienced with their 1025R.

    First of all, John Deere ran ads inviting people to "Test drive a John Deere today". The "test drive" was a joke. The dealer let me drive it around the parking lot. My neighbor demo'd multiple brands of zero turn mowers. The dealers delivered the mowers to his home and he used them to cut his grass before deciding which one to purchase. Maybe that's just whining on my part but I threw it out there for you. I did a lot of research before deciding to purchase the 1025R rather than the Kubota BX. The lack of a proper test drive didn't affect my decision.

    I had to send my 1025R back the day they delivered it. While mowing, the pto would shut off. This happened multiple times (over 20). The display would show error code "roi". The error code is in reference to the Reverse operation interlock. No, my foot was not on the "Reverse" travel pedal. I was traveling forward each time. The dealer first claimed that the tractor was working as designed and tried to claim operator error. After a few choice words, the dealer adjusted the interlock switch and I have not had that issue since.

    One of the reasons I chose the JD over the Kubota was the AutoConnect mower deck. It is easy to remove and reinstall for the first 10 hours or so. After that, not so much. When I drive the tractor off of the deck the extension spring pulls the Bracket and Rod (front draft arms) out of the notches on the deck and it flops onto the floor. I replaced the U-bolts that are supposed to keep the bracket in place. I pried the U-bolts as tight as possible against the bracket while tightening the nuts. No luck. I will be making modifications to the U-bolts to extend them over the bracket so that it stays in place. I was at the JD dealer the other day, looks like JD redesigned the notches on the new decks.

    Other than those two issues, there has been nothing major. It runs good, gives a nice clean cut and is reliable.

    An ADJUSTABLE suspension seat would be nice. Better yet, how about an air ride seat? At 6'2" and 230 pounds, the suspension seat does bottom out when I hit divits in the lawn.

    The final thing that annoys me about my 1025R is the stupid $h!!t that breaks.
    One of the hinges on the grass deflector chute broke. JD tech said he never saw one of those break before. Easy to fix, but that stupid little piece of bent metal strap was $27.
    Last week the "port plate" broke. That is the port on the mower deck that you connect your garden hose to to clean the underside of the deck. It broke off by the bolt that holds it to the deck. Again an easy fix, and it was only a few dollars.
    The next time I cut the grass the top link support that holds the top link up and out of the way when not being used.......you guessed it, broke. I'm heading to the dealer today to get/order that part.

    Like I said, mainly stupid $h!t that is breaking, but annoying nonetheless.
    If the deflector chute hinges continue to break, I will fabricate my own replacements. IMHO I should not have to making modifications or fabricating replacement parts for my 1025R.

    Feel free to comment. Maybe my "test drive" was just a crappy dealer. Maybe, like the tech said, I'm the only one to ever have a deflector chute hinge break.
    I'm done venting, time for a break
    How old is your tractor? If its new your dealer should fix those parts on the deck for free. I know still annoying to have to deal with but shouldn't they be under warranty?
    Hershmeister likes this.
    2016 1025r TLB, H120 loader with 53" bucket, Piranha tooth bar, Ken's hooks, 54" mechanical lift deck/auto connect & mulching kit, 260 backhoe with 12" bucket, Titan pallet forks, County line post hole auger
    1987 318, 50" deck

    Reluctant member of hitting the Rops on the garage door TWICE
    (Gone but not forgotten) 1947 John Deere D, 1984 318, 1985 430
    Stihl MS290 20" bar
    Stihl FS110 Trimmer
    Stihl BR350 Backpack blower

    99 Honda Foreman S

  13. Top | #10
    RetiredDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Location
    Central Savannah River Area (CSRA)
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 145 Times in 110 Posts
    The floor mat that I catch with the toe of my shoe just about every time I climb up to drive the tractor.

    Maybe I should have ordered the tractor driving shoe option package with the square toes.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deereshoes.jpg 
Views:	756 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	400282
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •