After all the snow we've had lately I decided that it was time to check over and clean up my 2305. The left side of the 47 blower was black from diesel exhaust after moving all the heavy, white, wet stuff lately. After washing and drying the tractor I started thinking about some of the threads I'd read lately about re-routing the exhaust. I looked at some of the solutions other members used and decided to go into my plumbing parts bucket to see if I could come up with something that would work for me.
I decided to use a 1 1/4" female threaded to 1" copper reducer, a length of heavy wall 1" copper tubing and a 45* copper elbow. I bored the reducer threads out using a 1 1/4" hole saw and finished the bore to a clean, snug fit over the exhaust pipe using a small sanding drum on my Dremel. I then slipped the 1" copper tubing through the reducer to act as an internal sleeve within the exhaust pipe. This is a perfect fit to the I.D. of the exhaust pipe and also stabilizes the extension. I then added the 45* elbow to the end of the short length of 1" copper and test fitted the pipe extension. I marked, drilled and tapped the hex of the reducer for a couple of 1/4" set screws. I sweated the pieces together and test fit to the tractor. I jacked the front end up and checked axle oscillation to make sure there was sufficient clearance. A double-coat of hi-temp exhaust paint and we're good to go.
A few photos are attached for reference:
I think this solution may also work on the new 102X series as well.