Ever consider LED or HID lighting upgrade...?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ever consider LED or HID lighting upgrade...?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-26-2014 @ 06:14 PM
    Thanks

Ever consider LED or HID lighting upgrade...?

Hello guys,

Does anybody out there ever consider upgrading the light bulbs to LED or HID with ballast...?
    Not that the oem doesn't work, it is already good, butmorelight output couldn't be a bad thing.

Please share if someof you upgraded the light bulbs or else.

Thanks for your inputs...!
    jbtb2002 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 1,241 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Hello guys,

Does anybody out there ever consider upgrading the light bulbs to LED or HID with ballast...?
    With the popularity of LED lighting I'm actually surprised JD has not introduced a new LED front/rear work light kit for the CUT/SCUT tractors. They could easily offer a brighter LED light that would be a direct plug compatible swap for the existing work light kits.

They have to know that a lot of us crazies would run out and replace our standard lights.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-07-2019 @ 09:11 PM
    Thanks
    I just "upgraded" to these based on a previous thread discussion:

Amazon.com: Tuff LED Lights 2 X 4" Inch Round 27watt LED Work Lamp Light 1550 Lumen, Off Road, Atv, Utv, Polaris Ranger: Automotive

Amazon.com: Tuff LED Lights 4" Inch Square 27watt LED Work Lamp Light 1550 Lumen, Off Road, Atv, Utv, Polaris Ranger: Automotive

They are incredibly bright, economical and the front facing (round) fit within my Artllian Light Guards. They completely drown out the factory halogens in the grille.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-20140302-00608.jpg   IMG-20140302-00609.jpg  
    2011 JD 2520, 200CX FEL, iMatch Quick Hitch, 48" JD Box Scraper, 54" JD FM Snowblower, Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest, Frontier PHD200, Woods RM59 Finish Mower & Heavy Hitch

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    I am currently researching LED replacement bulbs for all of mine. I have considered just adding different lamps altogether but I have an affinity for keeping things factory. I added both the front and rear work lights to my 1025, even though they suggest against it. The only reason for suggesting against it is that the current draw is likely too high. By switching to LED bulbs, it will reduce the consumption, and there will be no concern with the overloading the circuit at that point.

Superbrightleds.com has the lamps. H11's are what should be used for the factory work lights. The number on the fender lamps is different from the high mounted lamps but they share the same base. I am ordering one just to see how it works. They aren't cheap but I shouldn't have to worry about them burning out any time soon either.

Jeff
    2013 1025R FILB w/ 60D MMM
    1973 140
    1974 140

7. Top | #5
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,309 Times in 2,592 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jphavener View Post
    I am currently researching LED replacement bulbs for all of mine. I have considered just adding different lamps altogether but I have an affinity for keeping things factory. I added both the front and rear work lights to my 1025, even though they suggest against it. The only reason for suggesting against it is that the current draw is likely too high. By switching to LED bulbs, it will reduce the consumption, and there will be no concern with the overloading the circuit at that point.

Superbrightleds.com has the lamps. H11's are what should be used for the factory work lights. The number on the fender lamps is different from the high mounted lamps but they share the same base. I am ordering one just to see how it works. They aren't cheap but I shouldn't have to worry about them burning out any time soon either.

Jeff
    Keep us in the loop with updates and pics.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    Keep us in the loop with updates and pics.
    Definitely. I ordered one this morning so hopefully will have it by next weekend.

Jeff
    2013 1025R FILB w/ 60D MMM
    1973 140
    1974 140

9. Top | #7
    Jer
    Last Online
    11-13-2017 @ 08:24 PM
    Thanks
    I have had LED's since 2010 and love them.

I first had Grote round units that put out about 800 lumens each, and they were great. Since then LED's have come a long way and I just recently replaced them with the square units from Work Lights, HID Work Lights, HID Lighting, Work HID Lights, LED Work Lights, MobileHID offers it all!. They're about 80$ a piece, and put out 3900 lumens each!!! The plants in our yard actually photosyntesize when I'm out after dark!!!

The LED's are super tough, bright, and really just good. I'll be putting them on my new tractor within 30 minutes of arrival on my yard.

I did replace the headlights with LED bulbs as well. They were from a foreign land and cost about 3$ each. They're cool and crisp white, but not very bright. I'm sure with a little better research one could find a good replacement.

I honestly don't know why they all don't come out of the factory with LED's now.....

-J.
    2014 JD 5075M (just barely pre T IV emissions), H310 with bucket mounted grapple, HLA powertine forks, 8' HLA snowblade, Schulte SDX-840 Snowblower, Rhino 12' Flail, 6' Sweepster 3pt PTO broom, hydraulic toplink from CCM, LED lights front and back, big pile of 3pt implements.

2006 JD 3120 with R3 Turf Tires, 300x loader, Artillian Forks & Trailer Mover

Gator 825i S4 - NOW WITH TRACKS!!!

2014 pre-emission 997 with 60" deck

Wish List:
    now that I have a cozy cab, nothing really....

10. Top | #8
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,309 Times in 2,592 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I honestly don't know why they all don't come out of the factory with LED's now.....

-J.
    I'll bet cost has a lot to do with it.
    636mullet likes this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 1,241 Posts
    Wait a minute, you are saying cost is a factor in what JD offers? Couldn't they simply take the street value x5 like is done for most JD accessories?
    HydroHarold likes this.

12. Top | #10
    Jer
    Last Online
    11-13-2017 @ 08:24 PM
    Thanks
    I'd say there's good value in a set of LED's, at 80$ a piece retail - probably 40$ wholesale - that are super bright, super tough, and will outlive the tractor and the owner. But, then again, I guess OEM's don't like parts that don't need to be replaced now, do they???

-J.
    2014 JD 5075M (just barely pre T IV emissions), H310 with bucket mounted grapple, HLA powertine forks, 8' HLA snowblade, Schulte SDX-840 Snowblower, Rhino 12' Flail, 6' Sweepster 3pt PTO broom, hydraulic toplink from CCM, LED lights front and back, big pile of 3pt implements.

2006 JD 3120 with R3 Turf Tires, 300x loader, Artillian Forks & Trailer Mover

Gator 825i S4 - NOW WITH TRACKS!!!

2014 pre-emission 997 with 60" deck

Wish List:
    now that I have a cozy cab, nothing really....

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast