• 1 Post By FrankR
  • 2 Post By GPrice

Thread: Help with 54" Mower Deck

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-08-2019 @ 09:56 PM
    Thanks

Help with 54" Mower Deck

Need some advice. My recently purchased 1025R did not come with an owners manual for the mower deck (dealer transfer?). They are ordering me a new one, but meanwhile I need some help. Even at it's highest setting, the mower is cutting the grass way too low. My question .... is there a way to adjust it to increase the height of the cut? Or, can I simply lower the anti-scalp wheels to their lowest position (seems like a bad idea?) Or, will the mower engage when the deck is elevated? (scared to turn on the PTO with the deck in the raised position without knowing the implications!) HELP!

Thanks!!!
    Frank
    Frank R
    San Antonio, TX
    2017 - 1025R FILB
    H120 Loader
    260 Backhoe
    54" Mid-Mower Deck
    42" Artillian Palette Forks
    Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks/Clevis Combo

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Thanks
    Raise the deck up with the hand lever on your right, adjust the dial setting to install, then dial it back to the high setting and see it helps. Is it a quick connect? Are your rear latches attached properly?

Lowering the wheels is a bad idea. You'll just tear the lawn up.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 09:41 PM
    Thanks
    We're here to help...

On line owners manual for mower decks....

OMLVU25573_A2

Link to thread above about setting up decks.....

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...djustment.html

Read up and feel free to ask questions... There are no dumb questions so ask away!

P.S. it's OK to engage PTO with deck lifted, but do it at idle please! Disengage PTO at idle too!
    W9GFO likes this.
    2014 1025R, H120 loader w/53" bucket and Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar, 54" Auto Connect MMM, 47" QH snow blower, Ballast box and loaded rear tires, Speeco Quick Hitch, Ken's Bolt-on Grab Hooks, King Kutter Carry All, 54" front QH blade w/Heavy Hitch skids, Titan 36" pallet forks, Land Pride GS0560 Grading Scraper, and chrome (kitchen drain pipe) exhaust tip!!

1950 Allis-Chalmers B, Electric start, PTO, Belt Pulley, Hydraulic pump. Stuck engine (a work in progress)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    OK, I raised the mower deck, dialed it to "Install", then back to the highest setting and lowered the mower deck. I stuck a John Deere gauge under the deck and at the highest setting it is mowing at 2.25 inches. If I dial it to the lowest setting, the mower deck hits the ground. So, for certain out of adjustment!
    Frank R
    San Antonio, TX
    2017 - 1025R FILB
    H120 Loader
    260 Backhoe
    54" Mid-Mower Deck

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks
    My first choice would be to have the dealer straighten out the issue...I would describe the problem to them,they should be all over it if their dealership cares at all. Else it sounds like the adjuster isn't' doing its job. Look for something disconnected with that.

Do not expect much variation in the height adj, the low settings are useless(Too Low) The medium settings are useless (Also too low) The higher ones are the only settings used. The adj has way too many settings.

This thread covers that...

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...positions.html
    Last edited by chex313; 07-08-2017 at 07:32 AM.
    HydroHarold likes this.
    Dave's 2012 1026R TLB,54"MMM Auto Attach,Ken's hooks&clevis,Artillian 36' Forks and a KennyPedal WH 520H 48" Snow Blade,48" Deck379 Peterbuilt (3 Million Miles in a big truck)

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    OK, here is the resolution. The dealer came by to pick up my 1025R. Only then did I notice that when it was dialed to the highest setting the little "stepped" mechanism was not at its fullest height. I moved the dial to "Lock" and it added another inch to the height. So now, it's max cutting height in the locked position is right at 4 inches. The dealer confirmed I can mow with the deck in the elevated position that takes it to about 5 inches. More of what I'm looking for to mow the property. So, I consider the problem resolved. Thanks everyone!
    HydroHarold likes this.
    Frank R
    San Antonio, TX
    2017 - 1025R FILB
    H120 Loader
    260 Backhoe
    54" Mid-Mower Deck

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    03-17-2018 @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    I would go through the time to adjust and make sure your deck is setup correct. That was the first thing I did when I got mine home. Don't ever trust the dealer setup. You'll be able to find plenty of horror stories. They just throw them together and send them out the door.

With my adjustment knob set with 2 positions remaining, before the lock setting, I am mowing at roughly 3-3/4" and with the gauge wheels set in the lowest possible position.
    HydroHarold and W9GFO like this.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements