• 1 Post By John 54

Thread: HELP...my 1025r stopped runnung

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 09:27 PM
    Thanks

HELP...my 1025r stopped runnung

UPDATE ! ! !

I was doing some dirt work with my 1025r with both front loader and back hoe. Was taking a break from digging to move some of the dirt with the FEL when without warning the tractor died. When I turn the key on it does nothing the dash doesn't light up nor does anything make any noises. The flashers work tho...
    I have looked as best I can for any loose wires but don't see any right off... Is there somewhere that I should be looking????

I got curious and started looking for the fuse panel and found that the IGNITION RUN POWER fuse was blown so I replaced it and the tractor started normally then with-in a minute blew the new fuse. I installed another one and was able to get the tractor parked properly.

Any ideas about how to trouble shoot this, would be appreciated greatly...
    Last edited by Stlouistruckn; 07-09-2017 at 03:26 PM. Reason: UPDATE MORE INFO....
    etcallhome, Levi, PJR832 and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Thanks
    I would start with putting a voltmeter on the battery and see what the drop is when the starter pulls in, or jump it. Also check the fuses, you might luck out. I don't remember weather my dash shuts down when the rio, neutral or seat Saftey switch opens the loop. If it does, I would jump them out and try a start. They are all series controls. If one opens, they break the loop and rig shuts down. If no luck after that, it's time to take out the wiring diagram and VOM and start looking at power to the dash unit and what it controls or monitors. Power to the dash unit via a voltage reading would be a start.

Gave you a start. Electronic trouble shooting can take you in many directions. I would also wiggle and check each electrical plug and connection too. A lot of times it's a simple connection gone bad as opposed to a bad semiconductor junction or solder joint on a circuit board.
    etcallhome likes this.
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    BXpanded-backhoe thumb, bucket teeth, backhoe dolly
    Kens hooks w/ shackles (3 on Bucket), Diff Lock Pedal, backhoe steps
    Artillian Blinders
    Bush hog SBX 480 box blade, BX 600 box Blade
    Frontier LR2060L landscape Rake w/ gauge wheels, subsoiler
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade
    Land Pride QH-15 quick hitch
    Everything Attachments 60" Pine Needle Raked
    Garber Easy Seed 60" drop spreader

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 10:09 PM
    Thanks
    Check for lose or corroded wires starting from the battery and check main ground wires. Also look for splices or cuts in power wire. It will touch a ground/metal and blow a fuse.
    etcallhome and Levi like this.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isn’t paying attention*

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 09:27 PM
    Thanks

Thank You Guys--- Especially John54

I found a former post by John54 about the same problem and didn't comprehend in my fist reading that the first time for him it was the Seat Safety Switch... Weelll that was my problem this time. I was talking to friend and telling him about the problem and such when I mentioned to him about the seat switch. He took one look at me and asked if I had looked at mine, when I said no I hadn't he gave me one of those "you could have had a V8" looks. It made me feel so small that I had over looked the best place to start looking right under my ass... http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...lies/laugh.gif
    So once again
    Thank You guys for the help
    Especially John54 http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...big%20beer.gif

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stlouistruckn View Post
    I found a former post by John54 about the same problem and didn't comprehend in my fist reading that the first time for him it was the Seat Safety Switch... Weelll that was my problem this time. I was talking to friend and telling him about the problem and such when I mentioned to him about the seat switch. He took one look at me and asked if I had looked at mine, when I said no I hadn't he gave me one of those "you could have had a V8" looks. It made me feel so small that I had over looked the best place to start looking right under my ass... http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...lies/laugh.gif
    So once again
    Glad it worked out!
    etcallhome likes this.
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    BXpanded-backhoe thumb, bucket teeth, backhoe dolly
    Kens hooks w/ shackles (3 on Bucket), Diff Lock Pedal, backhoe steps
    Artillian Blinders
    Bush hog SBX 480 box blade, BX 600 box Blade
    Frontier LR2060L landscape Rake w/ gauge wheels, subsoiler
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade
    Land Pride QH-15 quick hitch
    Everything Attachments 60" Pine Needle Raked
    Garber Easy Seed 60" drop spreader

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Thanks
    Glad things worked out for you.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 02:19 PM
    Thanks
    Hi all
    Hi Stlouistruckn Glad to see you found the problem. I have sent you a PM
    Regards John

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stlouistruckn View Post
    So once again
    I am thinking flopping your seat back and forth between BH an FEL knocked it loose? Yes?
    etcallhome likes this.
    Dave's 2012 1026R TLB,54"MMM Auto Attach,Ken's hooks&clevis,Artillian 36' Forks and a KennyPedal WH 520H 48" Snow Blade,48" Deck379 Peterbuilt (3 Million Miles in a big truck)

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:19 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Glad to hear you found your problem.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 02:19 PM
    Thanks
    Hi chex313
    The first time the fuse blew was because when the seat had the rotator fitted the wiring to the seat switch was not routed properly and got jammed in the hinge mechanism of the seat, the rotation of the seat didn't cause the problem in my case. I routed the wire correctly and have had no more trouble.

Regards John
    Levi likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements