Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Bucket not working right with independent lift connected

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    12-13-2014 @ 08:47 AM
    Thanks

Bucket not working right with independent lift connected

New member, first post. Just purchased a used 1023E with H120 loader and 54D mower with the independent lift installed (or at least that's what I understood). Very excited. It's in very nice shape with only 75 hrs. Thx to this forum for all the useful info that helped make my decision. I still have to go pick it up but have a question related to when I went to look at it today. We installed the mower then had to disconnect one of the loader hydraulic hoses (the yellow one) to connect the mower lift hydraulic hose. The loader goes up and down fine, but now the bucket tips when raising and lower the mower, and the bucket tip doesn't go anywhere near full range. It stops in a 1/2 dumped position when the mower reaches full lift. Doesn't seem right to me that the bucket has to tip every time the mower goes up and down and the bucket tip doesn't go full range. Is something missing or incorrectly installed? I saw some posts about another kit but didn't know what it is for.
    Thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,329 Times in 2,601 Posts

Bucket not working right with independent lift connected

You need to disconnect the other loader hydraulic QD for the bucket circuit when you want to have the mower lift working. Otherwise you're sending fluid with no return to the loader curl circuit. The loader uses double acting cylinders, hence the need for two hoses. One for in, the other for out. When reversed, the flow is vice versa. However your mower lift is single acting. Flow to the cylinder lifts the mower, releasing the fluid (a spring and gravity also assist) lowers the mower. You can't have the loader curl circuit halfway connected and use the mower lift together on the same hydraulic circuit at the same time.

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited by dieselshadow; 03-08-2014 at 05:09 PM.
    etcallhome and sterling40man like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,613 Posts
    Agree with dieselshadow ,
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 AM
    Thanks
    Doesnt the mower deck get connected to the "black" disconnect?
    Milharri likes this.

7. Top | #5
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,329 Times in 2,601 Posts
    On mine, it was yellow. It came with a yellow cap on the mower lift cylinder line. They may have changed it later. It doesn't really matter which port you use anyway, as long as the other mating port is unplugged as well.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    12-13-2014 @ 08:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the great answers. They definitely make sense. I spent most of last evening browsing other threads here and think I have a better understanding of how the hydraulic system works. Sounds like if I want to really use the FEL with the MMM and independent lift, I may need to pop for the LVB26207 diverter valve kit. I know most don't use the mower and FEL at the same time, but I've got several miles of trail that I maintain, about half through woods. Seems like every other time I go out on the trail, there is something more than mowing that needs to be done. I'd hate to go out mowing, get a mile from home, then find a large tree across the trail, have to go back home and get the loader and chainsaw, go back and remove the tree, etc.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post
    Doesnt the mower deck get connected to the "black" disconnect?
    When I had the 2210 and 2305 machines it was the black, now with 12026r Yellow. Either will work , as others have stated . I like pulling the lever toward me to raise the deck and push away to lower. Using the other color ,you push to raise the mower and pull toward you to lower..
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vtail View Post
    Thanks for the great answers. They definitely make sense. I spent most of last evening browsing other threads here and think I have a better understanding of how the hydraulic system works. Sounds like if I want to really use the FEL with the MMM and independent lift, I may need to pop for the LVB26207 diverter valve kit. I know most don't use the mower and FEL at the same time, but I've got several miles of trail that I maintain, about half through woods. Seems like every other time I go out on the trail, there is something more than mowing that needs to be done. I'd hate to go out mowing, get a mile from home, then find a large tree across the trail, have to go back home and get the loader and chainsaw, go back and remove the tree, etc.
    Instead of tearing up a $15-2500.00 finish mower . Maybe a used brush hog for rear 3pt. you cand find used ones on Craiglist or other sites. for 500-1000. Then you can use loader and mower and you would have some ballast on rear of your tractor.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=etcallhome;114988]I like pulling the lever toward me to raise the deck and push away to lower. QUOTE]

And I like "lever right/plow right" which is why I switched the yellow and black caps on my plow. I didn't see a need to reprogram my ancient brain just to suit the situation.
    etcallhome likes this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=HydroHarold;115069]
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    I like pulling the lever toward me to raise the deck and push away to lower. QUOTE]

And I like "lever right/plow right" which is why I switched the yellow and black caps on my plow. I didn't see a need to reprogram my ancient brain just to suit the situation.
    Agree , we get in a certain mind set . For some reason some of the 1026r had the yellow and black switched. Mine is one of those.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast