Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 1 Series bagger

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Thanks

1 Series bagger

So I was at my dealer picking up some parts last week and saw a shiny new 1025 sitting there and had to ask the salesman what kind of deals they are running on them. I would be trading in my X728 with the mower, snow-blower and 3 pt hitch, but the price he gave me was quite good. My only stumbling block is my bagger. Right now I have the 14 bushel bagger and want to have one for the other tractor if I trade up, but don't want to spend the 1500 bucks for one. Most of the parts look like they will interchange, but I would have to swap out the attaching brackets for the hopper and get a new tube. So I was wondering if anyone has a bagger on their 1 series and how do they like it first of all, and do you think it is worth converting mine or should I try an sell it and get a new one.

Thanks

Adam

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-27-2018 @ 09:13 PM
    Thanks
    I had bagged for 10yrs, bought Bagger for my 1026 never used it put a mulch kit on instead love, won't bag again. Leaves/lush grass have meet their match. if you still prefer to bag it does do a good job.Attachment 26199

Sent from the great white of West Michigan

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    05-14-2019 @ 07:05 AM
    Thanks
    I know my 60D mulches like a mo fo as long as you keep ahead of the grass. The spring rains sometimes keep you from being on top of mowing and that can cause some clumps. Otherwise I can't see the need to bag. When I get some clumps a couple quick trips around the yard with my lawn sweep and it's all good.

Early 2012 1026R with H120 and 60" auto connect MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Thanks
    I have the mulching kit on my 54D deck on my 1025R and would not be without it. That is free fertilizer. I only tried bagging one time many, many years ago and that was enough for me. IMHO, the grass looks just as good after mulching as it does with bagging. The mulching works good on the leaves in the fall too, although a little dusty.

Dave
    636mullet and Milharri like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:10 PM
    Thanks

Short answer, it depends

Quote Originally Posted by Adamq View Post
    So I was at my dealer picking up some parts last week and saw a shiny new 1025 sitting there and had to ask the salesman what kind of deals they are running on them. I would be trading in my X728 with the mower, snow-blower and 3 pt hitch, but the price he gave me was quite good. My only stumbling block is my bagger. Right now I have the 14 bushel bagger and want to have one for the other tractor if I trade up, but don't want to spend the 1500 bucks for one. Most of the parts look like they will interchange, but I would have to swap out the attaching brackets for the hopper and get a new tube. So I was wondering if anyone has a bagger on their 1 series and how do they like it first of all, and do you think it is worth converting mine or should I try an sell it and get a new one.

Thanks

Adam
    The bagger itself would move to a 1 series. I believe the powerflow blower will transfer over depending on what you have for a MMM on the X728. If the X728 has the 60" 7 iron the powerflow may transfer as well. That would just leave the attaching parts. I guess I'd see what the dealer would give you on a trade in for a) the X728 with the bagger and attacheing parts and b). the X728 with just attaching parts and no bagger. A new chute I believe runs around 150 bucks. Not sure on the attaching parts. Maybe the dealer would give you a deal on the attaching parts since you would be moving up a size in tractor and spending your money?

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Thanks
    Adam, Is your bagger the powerflow system which is powered by the right side pulley on the mower deck or the material collection system that runs the separate engine? I had the material collection system that mounts to the rear of the tractor with the engine/fan on my X595 and later X748. When I traded my X748 for the 1026r I converted the frame that holds the three bags from a hard mount system to a three point hitch mount by drilling some holes and adding some category 1 pins and welding a bracket for the top link to attach.

The whole system sits back further due to the three point hitch mount so I needed a longer hose that runs from the mower to the collection fan. I went a little cheap by cutting the hose and adding some stove pipe. A little redneck engineering if you will. It works just fine but I am going to get a longer hose this fall when I start leave collecting.

So, if you have the system I describe, its very easy.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the idea, but doesn't the bagger lift and lower when the deck goes up and down?

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    05-14-2019 @ 07:05 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamq View Post
    Thanks for the idea, but doesn't the bagger lift and lower when the deck goes up and down?
    If you got the mechanical lift mower deck then it would. The independent lift will eliminate that.

Early 2012 1026R with H120 and 60" auto connect MMM

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Thanks
    I have the independant lift so the three point operation remains separate from the mower deck lift.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Oh ok, probably wouldn't get that on mine. Is there a way you think to mount the X7 series bagger without too much modifying? Its hard to spend $1500 for a bagger when I paid $500 for the one on my X728.

Thanks

Adam

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast