Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tail lights preventing proper toolbox installation

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    01-05-2016 @ 03:32 AM
    Thanks

Tail lights preventing proper toolbox installation

On my new 1025r, I ordered the toolbox. It was an off the lot tractor that did not have the backhoe installed. Apparently they come with the tail lights mounted either in a low or high position. I have seen them mounted both ways in person. I'm guessing since mine did not come with a backhoe, that's why I have the lower mounted lights. I can not mount the tool box with the mount that moves it on the side because it will not open. The bottom of the light sits right on top of the box. I took the light off and there are some more holes that would move it up a little but the tail light guards wont allow me to use them. The dealer just gave me both mounts and tool box and didn't charge me for it. He said we can't make it fit, maybe you can. So, question is, do they make two different tail light setups? If so maybe I could get my dealer to get them for me. Right now I drilled a hole in the tool box and mount and moved it far back enough to where its on there, but its flimsy and I'd like to mount it properly.
    Last edited by blazin_teg; 03-23-2014 at 11:17 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    I thought the 1025 had the lights mounted higher than the 1026. I am getting ready to move mine lower. I want them just above the tool box. I want to mount auxiliary lights above them and still have all my lights lower than the ROPS when it is folded down. I am going to drill new holes in the light bracket not the ROPS to lower my lights.
    Kenny
    0331 88-92 USMC Ret.
    1025R FILB; 50" FEL Bucket with 3 Ken's Bolt On Hooks, Bucket Mounted Receiver and 1 Shackle Mount; psrumors Seat Springs; 12" BH Bucket; Box Blade; 48" Rotary Cutter; 48" Tiller; Omi Manufacturing Transformer Hitch w/Weight Rack; Artillian Forks, BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar, and More to come as I can beg it out of my wife!
    Also: Ford 9n, Massy Ferguson 231 & 231s, Zeter 7711 and a Mahindra 3525

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 11:15 PM
    Thanks

Tail lights preventing proper toolbox installation

The first question I have is, you had to buy the tool box? Because as far as I know the 1025r should have come with it installed, you should not have to be buying one.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 10:29 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
    The first question I have is, you had to buy the tool box? Because as far as I know the 1025r should have come with it installed, you should not have to be buying one.
    Agreed.. Why are you being charged for the box?..

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Thanks
    I got a tool box for my 2305....same one as 1025, was like $70.00 w/ bracket...stupid expensive, I know but works well for limited space available
    2009 JD 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS,Power Beyond Kit, KBOH, 54"MMM, 47" Snowblower, 200CX Loader w/ BB, Powerhorse 12 ton Logsplitter and King Kutter tool carrier and 17P kart
    2009 Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200, Land Pride 60” land plane and 60” finish mower, worksaver posthole digger w/ 9” auger, “The thumb” add on grapple, third function valve and KBOH of course

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:07 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post

My 1025R came with the tool box. I do not have a backhoe.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    The tool box came mounted on mine also and I do have the 1025 factory tractor loader backhoe. I remember it being listed as part of the package. I guess since the backhoe was purchased and added at the dealer, they did not move the lights up to mount the toolbox. I do believe the toolbox comes standard on the 1025 with or without the backhoe.
    Kenny
    0331 88-92 USMC Ret.
    1025R FILB; 50" FEL Bucket with 3 Ken's Bolt On Hooks, Bucket Mounted Receiver and 1 Shackle Mount; psrumors Seat Springs; 12" BH Bucket; Box Blade; 48" Rotary Cutter; 48" Tiller; Omi Manufacturing Transformer Hitch w/Weight Rack; Artillian Forks, BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar, and More to come as I can beg it out of my wife!
    Also: Ford 9n, Massy Ferguson 231 & 231s, Zeter 7711 and a Mahindra 3525

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    09-21-2019 @ 06:48 PM
    Thanks

Tool box

They make a North/South mounting bracket and an East/West mounting bracket for the toolbox, depending whether you have/want a backhoe. With a backhoe and North/South bracket, you need extensions to raise the lights high enough to be able to open the toolbox, which mine came with. But then I wanted to add the rear work lights. Can't add the rear work lights unless you add the brush guards to mount them to. Brush guards won't fit the extensions, so they removed my extensions and toolbox and handed them to me when I took delivery. (I was not happy) I ended up drilling 4 holes in each side of the ROPS to mount the brush guards and light assemblies high enough to keep the North/South toolbox intact and accessible. Note that when the brush guards are installed using only 2 bolts, they can swivel, allowing the light assembly to easily be damaged. Hence my using 4 bolts on each assembly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140324_105446.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	26402

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    01-05-2016 @ 03:32 AM
    Thanks
    You had to drill a 5th hole for the wires to come through didn't you? That's what was keeping me moving the lights up to the second set of holes in the lights. I guess that's what I will have to do. I have the tools to do it with.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    09-21-2019 @ 06:48 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blazin_teg View Post
    You had to drill a 5th hole for the wires to come through didn't you? That's what was keeping me moving the lights up to the second set of holes in the lights. I guess that's what I will have to do. I have the tools to do it with.
    Yes, now that you mention it. I aligned the 5th hole with the "split" in the brush guard.

A little tip: Unless you're removing the ROPS to do precision drilling with a drill press, use a slightly over-sized drill bit to give you some wiggle room. The threaded brass inserts in the plastic tail light housing don't like offset pressure the bolts will create if your new holes aren't perfectly aligned.
    Ultrapile likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast