Green Tractor Talk banner

Bolt Sizes

23K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  AlKozak 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me find the following bolt sizes for my 1025r

The wheel bolts
The bolt that attaches the 3 bushel bagger to the hitch plate

The dealer was unable to help, I could not find it on JD part and I don't have anything with enough precision to measure.

#2 ·
Are you looking for the bolt diameter, thread pitch, and length? Or the size wrench/socket that fits them?

Here is the rear wheel bolts:
Text Line Font Diagram Parallel

When JDP does not list the details in the regular parts breakdown, copy the part number then go to the JDP home page (you must be logged in) and paste the part number here:
Green Text Web page Line Font

I also think you can do it from your shopping cart as well. If you still need help post the part numbers please, I really have no clue what bolts you mean on the bagger.

#11 ·
Are you looking for the bolt diameter, thread pitch, and length? Or the size wrench/socket that fits them?

Here is the rear wheel bolts:
View attachment 26419

When JDP does not list the details in the regular parts breakdown, copy the part number then go to the JDP home page (you must be logged in) and paste the part number here:
View attachment 26420

I also think you can do it from your shopping cart as well. If you still need help post the part numbers please, I really have no clue what bolts you mean on the bagger.
I’ve been scouring the f#$&*@! Internet for an hour trying to find out of 1025 lug bolts are a 1.5 or 1.25 pitch metric thread.

Does anyone know??

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but damn... can NOT find this info.

#3 ·
Thanks Kenny

I am not sure how my dealer was not able to find this when with minimal knowledge and your help I was able to track down the info (I think). I was looking for the wrench size and think I got it. 19mm for the wheels and 30mm for the hopper bolt.

For some reason when I searched the model numbers I had I was not able to find it, but I eventually stumbled on this. 27 and 29 where the bolts I was referencing assuming I found the right hopper system.

Text Font Line Diagram Technical drawing

Thanks for the help

#4 ·
Thanks Kenny

I am not sure how my dealer was not able to find this when with minimal knowledge and your help I was able to track down the info (I think). I was looking for the wrench size and think I got it. 19mm for the wheels and 30mm for the hopper bolt.

For some reason when I searched the model numbers I had I was not able to find it, but I eventually stumbled on this. 27 and 29 where the bolts I was referencing assuming I found the right hopper system.

View attachment 26426

Thanks for the help
Over the years I've seen some of the parts personal , can find anything and everything just in a matter of minutes. Go back to the same dealer next day , a different person working the counter and has no clue .
I have learned through this site with Kennyd and others for a lot of great info .
When I find a parts person that knows what he is doing I start asking questions.

#7 ·
Nope, Metric.

#10 ·
Too much math! Now I know why so many people break out the Standard/Metric Adjustable Wrench (aka Crescent). :tongue:

#14 ·
Thanks guys!

I want to get a tap to run through the threads the next time I remove the wheels to make sure the threads are clean.

I think these extremely fine bolt threads are half the problem, they practically WANT to cross thread if you’re not careful...

#15 ·
I think these extremely fine bolt threads are half the problem, they practically WANT to cross thread if you’re not careful...
True about cross threading but...

The potential benefits of fine threads are:

1. Size for size a fine thread is stronger than a coarse thread. This is both in tension (because of the larger stress area) and shear (because of their larger minor dia*meter).
  2. Because of the smaller pitch they allow finer adjustments in applications that need such a feature.
  3. Fine threads can be more easily tapped into hard materials and thin walled tubes.
  4. Fine threads require less torque to develop equivalent bolt preloads.
  5. Fine threads have less tendency to loosen since the thread incline is smaller and hence so is the off torque.

Reactions: rakane and keane
#21 ·
I think, for whatever reason, it’s a common thing on tractors. I have 4 tractors, 3 JDs, and they all use lug bolts. :dunno:

#22 ·
My Ford 9N and NAA both used lug nuts.

#23 ·
It’s easy enough to change bolts to studs with lug nuts. Just keep the same thread and thread in fine thread studs with Loctite and torque them. You now have the “old style” mounting when you screw down the lug NUTS.

Be sure to check thread size and if metric or inch so you match up.

#24 ·
I’m very tempted to do this, I just may during my next hydro fluid change, I’d just be sure to use 8.8 grade metric bolts.

Reactions: genesusie
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.