Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: On the fence to purchase a John Deere 1025R or Kubota BX2370

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    01-04-2015 @ 06:30 PM
    Thanks

On the fence to purchase a John Deere 1025R or Kubota BX2370

Ok, guys I need some help. I'm ready to pull the trigger on purchasing a SCUT and I have it narrowed down to a Kubota BX2370 or a John Deere 1025R. The options I want are 60" mower deck, and loader. I have test drove both units and they are both really nice. Each of them appear to have their own advantages. I am really leaning towards the 1025R. I was really impressed with all of the features and especially the drive over deck, larger 53" quick attach bucket, and the 3 point position control. The BX2370 hydraulic loader felt a little smoother to operate and it allows you to move and curl the bucket at the same time where the 1025R you could only do one at a time. I felt the 1025R has the advantage in loader lift capacity and larger bucket. The BX is only a 48" bucket and quick attach add's another $250 or so to the price. When I had the Kubota throttle all he way down to idle speed I curled the bucket on the ground to lift the front wheels off the ground and it couldn't do it unless I gave it more throttle RPM's. With the 1025R I had it running at idle speed with the lowest RPM's I could and it cranked the front wheels right off the ground. It just felt more stout to me! The 1025R has the 7 Iron deck (7 Gauge) and the Kubota mower deck just didn't feel as solid. The metal felt thinner and I didn't get a straight answer out of the salesman for what gauge it is.

Ok, so next I compaired prices. At first JD quoted me $2300 higher for the 1025R. So, I was getting ready to sign for the Kubota then that same day one of the JD dealers I was getting prices from came down and matched the Kubota's price! I was shocked they came down that much but he said the pricing came from a higher level and JD doesn't want to loose out to Kubota. Then Kubota drops another $300 that their territory manager is kicking in.

I have my personal feelings and like the JD better in many regards but the Kubota salesman is telling me that JD has too much plastic and that the loader is bulky to operate. He says that the Kubota engine is better than Yanmar which I don't really believe any of it.

What do you guys think that have or have owned both? The 1025R I was quoted has the H120 Loader and 60D deck. Is the 1025R the better deal here for ultimately only $300 more?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,073 Times in 2,539 Posts
    Welcome to GTT.

The included features (as you mentioned) of the JD make it the winner in my book, things like:
    -3PH position control
    -JDQA bucket (thats easy to mount hooks to!) Forks and grapples are readily available making the machine more versatile
    -loader joystick location
    -hydro pedal location
    -super easy MMM and FEL attachment
    -included worklights
    -dual curl cylinders on the loader
    -We will let you keep your GTT membership and enjoy our company

I hate salespeople that feel the need to talk down the competitor.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,987 Times in 2,944 Posts
    Tough choice. Which dealer do you like better and/or has the better reputation?
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    05-14-2019 @ 07:05 AM
    Thanks
    You know what they say, Go Green or go home. 😆 I'd say go with your gut. I wanted a JD so that's what I got. That doesn't really help you here, but my gut said go with the 1 Series over the X and I did. Never looked back! Are you looking at financing? JD has a really nice 0% deal going on all the time. Even if you have the cash you can always pick up a couple attachments and just use JD's $$ interest free for a while. If you do buy a JD see if they'll throw in the first 50 hr service. Save you $200 maybe more.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    keviny and greenrunner like this.
    Early 2012 1026R with H120 and 60" auto connect MMM

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Tough choice. Which dealer do you like better and/or has the better reputation?

Both dealers have really good reputation. I think I would get great support from either one.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    02-28-2019 @ 01:30 PM
    Thanks

On the fence to purchase a John Deere 1025R or Kubota BX2370

If you go to kubota, I would use a different sales guy.. By saying this part is better than theirs to try to get at he sale just isn't right. He should sell you on their features and upgrades.

I know I'm very impressed with my little yanmar.

The rest though, don't let a few hundred bucks change your decision, how many years are you going to have this? Looks to me like price is now immaterial right?

$.02

Good luck with your decision and welcome to GTT. ;)

Jim
    greenrunner likes this.
    '11 3005 4wd R4s w/300 & 60" Std w/Pirahna tb, Artillian 36" forks, Custom 83" SnowBear front blade, Frontier RB2060 blade, King Kutter TG-G-60 tiller and RFM-72 mower, Spee-Co Model-65 phd, Fimco LG-40-3PT sprayer, Tarter SUBY and TMY, Agri-Fab 24x48LR lawn roller & John Deere BW15073 and 6x42lb weights.
    '12 ZTrak Pro 925A-EFi w/60" 7-Iron, AgriFab SmartLink w/(aerator/dethacher/roller), 130lb Spreader & 350lb Poly Cart.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 636mullet View Post
    You know what they say, Go Green or go home.  I'd say go with your gut. I wanted a JD so that's what I got. That doesn't really help you here, but my gut said go with the 1 Series over the X and I did. Never looked back! Are you looking at financing? JD has a really nice 0% deal going on all the time. Even if you have the cash you can always pick up a couple attachments and just use JD's $$ interest free for a while. If you do buy a JD see if they'll throw in the first 50 hr service. Save you $200 maybe more.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Yes, I would be financing part of it and they both offer 0% for 60 months right now. What makes the JD so tempting is the dealer basically came down to his cost just to beat Kubota. He had to get approval from the owner of the dealership. I've always owned John Deere and love them, but I have friends that have Kubota and love those too.

10. Top | #8
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,987 Times in 2,944 Posts
    I personally can not get past the controls on the Kubota not to mention locations.
    Not sure I care for the radiator in front of the steering wheel column not to mention the radiator grill just behind the steering wheel column.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    07-11-2019 @ 07:42 AM
    Thanks
    I literally just bought a 1025R 60D MMM H120 FEL iMatch hitch and a BB2060 box blade - delivered this past thursday (in the rain!)

I looked at every color of SCUT out there today, researched them all (read almost every post on GTT and other forums) - came down
    to operator comfort ...hate the toe heel hydro controls, wanted tilt steering (I am 6'6" and my wife is 5' nothing on her tip toes), deluxe seat, lighting, quick attach everything (>50yrs old = work smarter not harder)

I have owned red and orange in the past - this is my first green - not much seat time yet but with all of the current incentives, a great dealer in my neck of the woods for support, and the real (or perceived) ability of green to hold their resale value ( or maybe green fans are just willing to pay - either way works) - I feel like JD wins

The ability to add more tools to the FEL was a huge plus on this machine - but that is only a plus if you intend to use more tools

Hope any of the above ramblings help - good luck on your decision
    Last edited by Stumpwizard; 04-05-2014 at 07:40 AM.
    Levi and greenrunner like this.
    2014 1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, iMatch, BB2060 Box Blade, Ballast Box

12. Top | #10
    bob
    Last Online
    09-21-2019 @ 10:44 AM
    Thanks
    Good luck whatever tractor you choose! I have a 1026R and I have it because it is very easy to remove the MMM and attach the FEL. I prefer the ergonomics of the JD. My dealer's service dep't is very good and have treated me well. The tiller, i-match, and snowblower have worked very well. This forum has been extremely helpful to me and others to learn about the use of this tractor and how to maintain it. I wish you well with your decision!
    Last edited by bob; 04-05-2014 at 07:54 AM.
    2011 John Deere 1026R
    H120 FEL with 53 inch bucket
    60D Auto-Connect mower deck
    54 inch snowblower
    647 tiller
    i-match
    Heavy Hitch
    TuffTop
    Ken's bolt on hooks
    ballast box
    wheel weights
    steering wheel spinner knob