Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Ramps to load a 1023e

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 10:29 AM
    Thanks

Ramps to load a 1023e

Hi guys.. One week and counting till I finally go to pick this thing up.. I've rented a trailer for the job but it doesn't have a ramp so I have to use my own.. They're straight up 7foot alluminium ramps rated at 800lbs a piece.. With the loader and mmm I'll be at about 2000lbs.. You think my ramps are ok for that.. The loading height is about 36 inches verticle but still, I'd hate for these things to bend or break while loading.. Think its safe to assume the 800lb rating is way under what they can actually take?.. Anyone have pics of ramps they use so I can compare mine.. Just trying to get a sense of what you more experienced guys think..

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 02:29 PM
    Thanks
    To bad you did not get a mini excavator, you would not need a ramp.

John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Thanks
    The ramps are not rated enough and shouldn't be used....with that said, if you build a support to help support the center of the ramp you will likely be ok.
    Last edited by psrumors; 04-10-2014 at 10:38 AM.
    etcallhome and Milharri like this.
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    03-18-2017 @ 09:02 AM
    Thanks
    I'm curious why the dealer won't deliver on new equipment?
    HydroHarold likes this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    06-18-2016 @ 01:13 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnFromOKC View Post
    I'm curious why the dealer won't deliver on new equipment?
    me TOO!!
    HydroHarold likes this.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Ok, here's the skinny.. I bought this tractor and a new atv from the same dealer.. The problem is that he's the only Polaris/John Deere combo dealer within 3hrs of me.. So I scored a heck of a deal on the two machines.. But of course it means I have to figure out transport myself.. The good news is that the dealer has a fixed loading ramp that will make loading them up easy.. And on the back end, I'll have to take my time and brace my ramps every two feet with 2x4's.. I'll just wedge cut one end an pound them into the ground 12 inches or so and brace them laterally with some large stones.. Unless you lads have some other suggestions on how best to brace the underside of the ramps as I unload?..

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,613 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by golf12 View Post
    Ok, here's the skinny.. I bought this tractor and a new atv from the same dealer.. The problem is that he's the only Polaris/John Deere combo dealer within 3hrs of me.. So I scored a heck of a deal on the two machines.. But of course it means I have to figure out transport myself.. The good news is that the dealer has a fixed loading ramp that will make loading them up easy.. And on the back end, I'll have to take my time and brace my ramps every two feet with 2x4's.. I'll just wedge cut one end an pound them into the ground 12 inches or so and brace them laterally with some large stones.. Unless you lads have some other suggestions on how best to brace the underside of the ramps as I unload?..
    Glad you got a heck of a deal, one thing. When my wife and I bought the Gator and 1026r fel &bh , they delivered both of them no cost making two different trips NO QUESTIONS. Something was wrong with one of two and they had to pick it up and bring it back to us the next or following day all at no EXTRA COST. Each delivery was appx 65 miles one way. So why won't yours do the same thing at no cost.
    I would be looking for a NEW DEALER , ,real quick.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    Do you have a hill in your area you can back up to unload onto? I would not use under rated ramps with makeshift supports if the trailer deck is 36" off the ground unles you really know what you are doing. I may on a trailer deck 12"or 14" high, but a drop of 36" is pretty risky for something bad happening. Temporary support that high would need to be very stable.
    DRobinson and rtgt like this.
    Kenny
    0331 88-92 USMC Ret.
    1025R FILB; 50" FEL Bucket with 3 Ken's Bolt On Hooks, Bucket Mounted Receiver and 1 Shackle Mount; psrumors Seat Springs; 12" BH Bucket; Box Blade; 48" Rotary Cutter; 48" Tiller; Omi Manufacturing Transformer Hitch w/Weight Rack; Artillian Forks, BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar, and More to come as I can beg it out of my wife!
    Also: Ford 9n, Massy Ferguson 231 & 231s, Zeter 7711 and a Mahindra 3525

11. Top | #9
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,329 Times in 2,601 Posts
    I personally wouldn't risk dumping my brand new zero time tractor on it's side and get hurt in the process over under-rated ramps. Can you borrow, rent something else? Maybe you want to look into buying a trailer. After all, you'll need the option to haul it again in the future right?
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Glad you got a heck of a deal, one thing. When my wife and I bought the Gator and 1026r fel &bh , they delivered both of them no cost making two different trips NO QUESTIONS. Something was wrong with one of two and they had to pick it up and bring it back to us the next or following day all at no EXTRA COST. Each delivery was appx 65 miles one way. So why won't yours do the same thing at no cost.
    I would be looking for a NEW DEALER , ,real quick.
    Honestly, I didn't give it much thought.. The dealer closest to me picks up and delivers within a 100km distance (60miles).. This dealer is just over 200miles away.. It seems to me that its an unreasonable distance to expect free delivery.. Maybe I'm wrong?.. I will say however that you have inspired a question for my dealer that I'll call and ask him tomorrow.. Considering that I'm picking it up myself, I will politely let him know that I expect something for my trouble.. Whether it be swag like sweat shirts, hats, coffee mugs etc to the tune of $100 or so.. Or if he wants to back a few extra $$ off the deal we'll handle it that way.. To the rest of the feedback I've gotten here and greatly appreciate.. No one sounds to confident in any method involving my ramps.. So I think I'll heed your warnings and come up with something else.. I don't have any higher or lower ground worth mentioning to back up to.. I'd buy a new trailer but I have zero plans to haul this thing anywhere.. If it ever does have to go to the local dealer near me.. I'll have them come get it.. I think I'll head to the shop I use to service my car and to see if they have some ramps I can borrow thats meant for weight light this.. Or I'll head to the neighbors about a mile from me and unload there.. I think there might be an area on their property that I can get about level with the back of the trailer and the ground. I certainly will not be using my ramps so don't worry.. I won't be showing you a picture of a 1023 on its side...... I hope.. ha!.. Thanks guys..

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast